Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
I'd be all over that job if I had the right to work in Australia. @MattW. I guess it's not easy to get work permits there?

For me the main, glaring problem at the moment is AI inability to play spin. I don't have such a downer on the rest, it seems pretty well balanced.

Maybe a fudge would be, as suggested earlier, a wicket chance slider for pace, and a wicket chance slider for spin.
More appropriate sliders will be as below.
WKT Chance vs Movement (Pace)
WKT Chance vs Movement (Spin)
WKT Chance vs Speed (Pace)

You can differentiate club cricket and all the way to International cricket , In Club Cricket Wkt chance vs Speed should be high as there are hardly bowlers in club cricket who are speed demon and the one who are actually speed demon really dominates club cricket through sheer pace.

Where as in International cricket , speed doesn't matter much as compare to movement.

With the above mentioned sliders we can create our own world of cricket in which we can decide that batsmen are comfortable against pace but shit scared of movement and then we can really drop the swing, cutter and seam sliders down to balance that out and then finally only the real skillful bowlers with high swing or seam ratings will still dominates or we can up the ante and increase the movement and see the batsmen struggles against pacers and only the true skillful batter still dominates.

Or we can create a world where every one is comfortable against movement but shit scared of speed but then there are only handful of speed demon to play against.

We will really be able to curate our own cricketing world to our likings if these 3 sliders are provided.

Last edited:

Hester

County Cricketer
20 degrees in London today. I think those jumper wearing Kiwis need to have a word with themselves. They've obviously never played C22.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
More appropriate sliders will be as below.
WKT Chance vs Movement (Pace)
WKT Chance vs Movement (Spin)
WKT Chance vs Speed (Pace)

You can differentiate club cricket and all the way to International cricket , In Club Cricket Wkt chance vs Speed should be high as there are hardly bowlers in club cricket who are speed demon and the one who are actually speed demon really dominates club cricket through sheer pace.

Where as in International cricket , speed doesn't matter much as compare to movement.

With the above mentioned sliders we can create our own world of cricket in which we can decide that batsmen are comfortable against pace but shit scared of movement and then we can really drop the swing, cutter and seam sliders down to balance that out and then finally only the real skillful bowlers with high swing or seam ratings will still dominates or we can up the ante and increase the movement and see the batsmen struggles against pacers and only the true skillful batter still dominates.

Or we can create a world where every one is comfortable against movement but shit scared of speed but then there are only handful of speed demon to play against.

We will really be able to curate our own cricketing world to our likings if these 3 sliders are provided.
There are proficiencies for all these things.

AnkitC

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW I agree with most of what is being discussed above.

But if you guys are listening, for the Love of God, please give us an option to set fields for a Bowler instead of every Bowler-Batsman Pair. Set for All becomes a pain when a Spinner and Pacer are bowling in tandem. I'm amazed it hasn't been thought of by anyone in the team yet. It's been 3 or 4 iterations now.

Users who are viewing this thread