Cricket 24 - General Discussion

I'll admit I dramatised that purely for comparisons after Ross' constant roasting of Trickstar back in the day, it's a shame they've fallen to that state.
Definitely disappointing where it’s ended up from where it started… but actually I’ve just started playing a bit of c22 recently after a long hiatus. It’s a decent game.

I think DBC14 was such a leap forward, that everything else since has seemed disappointing

Every time I see MLB The Show'23 I think to myself why we can't have a cricket game look that gorgeous.
I booted up FIFA 16 last night on my Series X, I think that's the graphical level we're on for Cricket 22... The gold standard is obviously NBA 2K but we're never getting there

I booted up FIFA 16 last night on my Series X, I think that's the graphical level we're on for Cricket 22... The gold standard is obviously NBA 2K but we're never getting there

I would think FIFA-16 is superior in graphics quality. So is the MLB The Show series. I set MLB as the bench mark because baseball the closest sport to cricket. If you look at MLB '14, the game that more or less corresponds with DBC'14 in terms release time, it comes off is superior to C22 in all aspects. Despite technological advancements Big Ant's cricket is still no match for the game that came out almost a decade ago.

I assume the MLB license is a lot easier to acquire with it being a single organisation and gets you more bang for your buck as it should cover all teams and most players? This is without diving into other factors that make it a better game to sell.

I do think it’s time we had another developer in the cricket industry but wonder who would be willing to try?

I assume the MLB license is a lot easier to acquire with it being a single organisation and gets you more bang for your buck as it should cover all teams and most players? This is without diving into other factors that make it a better game to sell.

I do think it’s time we had another developer in the cricket industry but wonder who would be willing to try?
There's what, 30 teams? They all basically have the same uniform/kit. Baseball is less complex sport. Once the basics are there you can work on the 'fluff' to make it seem better.

It's published by Sony and an in-house developer that only works on that game. It's unrealistic to expect the same standards, in many/most areas, for the Cricket games.

Right now good Gameplay is important for Cricket 24... I don't mind if it still looks like cricket 22...
Right now any glimpse of the new game is more important than anything, is really something under work or not?

Users who are viewing this thread