Cricket 24 - General Discussion

I am beginning to understand now why there has been a void in promotion for this game.
If they have zero marketing of their games, and no indication on when certain games will release, any enthusiasm I have to buy day one is draining, I hope their upcoming games tank so we actually see change from them, been a downhill slope since AO Tennis and Cricket 19

If they have zero marketing of their games, and no indication on when certain games will release, any enthusiasm I have to buy day one is draining, I hope their upcoming games tank so we actually see change from them, been a downhill slope since AO Tennis and Cricket 19

I’m normally one to call out on rumours spreading with no basis in reality but even I can’t deny that this increasingly looks like an attempt to get sales via flashy licenses first. I had no plans to buy the game on day one regardless and if the assumption is proven true I doubt I’d ever buy it.

I mostly bat. If BA can eliminate some of the longer term AI fielding issues that would prob be a good upgrade for me on it's own.

I’m normally one to call out on rumours spreading with no basis in reality but even I can’t deny that this increasingly looks like an attempt to get sales via flashy licenses first. I had no plans to buy the game on day one regardless and if the assumption is proven true I doubt I’d ever buy it.
You just have to look at the debacles behind AFL 23's botched launch and the lack of info surrounding Rugby 24 (due for launch in two weeks) to know what they're like as a company now.

To think Ross spent years on here and built a good reputation on his approach to the community. Nowadays he's head of a company communicating next to nothing while delivering games which make Ashes 2013 look like a playable Alpha.

Do not give single penny to this "small" gaming company "Big Ant" in the name of supporting small gaming company.
They charge us ridiculous price for this shitty decade old graphics.

You either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain. That's the story of Big Ant. Its ironic how Big Ant began its journey by challenging the relatively bigger developer the "Trickstar Games" on its production values and marketing strategies through its own marketing strategy involving openness, and then as the journey progressed, especially with the deserving demise of the competition, Big Ant has ended up becoming something of a "Trickstar Games" itself: No improvement in the production quality, no openness in the marketing strategy.

I'll will not hold my breath. If the game is glorified C22 with only comprehensive license based upgrades but with the same mediocre visuals, anti-climatic feel, and unenthusiastic gameplay I'll hard pass on it. Other October releases like the Assassin's Creed Mirage, Lords of the Fallen, Alan Wake 2, Spider-Man-2, and Alone in the Dark will definitely and exponentially be more attractive games to buy over "BA's more of the same."

I mostly bat. If BA can eliminate some of the longer term AI fielding issues that would prob be a good upgrade for me on it's own.

Yeah although im similar in terms of own personal satisfaction im not sure we can justify that as a 60 quid improvement. We are setting the bar very very low.

I mean we still have left handed batsmen walking out practicing right handed.

Yeah although im similar in terms of own personal satisfaction im not sure we can justify that as a 60 quid improvement. We are setting the bar very very low.

I mean we still have left handed batsmen walking out practicing right handed.
Well, it all kind of depends how much dev time it takes to fix things.

If, hypothetically, they put out something with big old fielding upgrades and not a lot else, that might actually represent a lot more work and more gameplay value than a whole stack of more surface level stuff.

In some respects, we've criticised them in the past for fixing smaller things while bigger things go unfixed. I would probably happily swap a whole bunch of more cosmetic upgrades for a few bigger upgrades to eliminate more long term niggles.

Having said that, there's a bunch of more cosmetic stuff I'd be happy to see in the game - and of course you want value for money rather than rinse and repeat - but I deffo wouldn't agree with some posters here that if the player models and batting gear look identical to C22 then BA have turned into Trickstar.

Well, it all kind of depends how much dev time it takes to fix things.

If, hypothetically, they put out something with big old fielding upgrades and not a lot else, that might actually represent a lot more work and more gameplay value than a whole stack of more surface level stuff.

In some respects, we've criticised them in the past for fixing smaller things while bigger things go unfixed. I would probably happily swap a whole bunch of more cosmetic upgrades for a few bigger upgrades to eliminate more long term niggles.

Having said that, there's a bunch of more cosmetic stuff I'd be happy to see in the game - and of course you want value for money rather than rinse and repeat - but I deffo wouldn't agree with some posters here that if the player models and batting gear look identical to C22 then BA have turned into Trickstar.

No agree, visually I don't mind 22 at all. I also enjoy the game play for the most part.

But i would be a little upset if after the wait and another 60 quid all I got was cosmetic and my fielders now actually stop the ball etc. That was advertised as a selling point in the last game

Dunno, feel like there's been a good few iterations now where core elements of cricket have gone untouched.

I do find a lot of value and satisfaction in new animations.

Should add it's all speculation and things may of been touched. Who knows.

Last edited:
Well, put it this way - if there are a shitload of cosmetic changes but the fielding is more or less the same, I'm not sure that's going to hit the spot for me.

If I remember right they promised fielding upgrades for C22 that fell some way short of what we were hoping for.

After a delay of over 3 months and a price tag exceeding 4k, it is imperative that we witness substantial gameplay enhancements and commendable graphics. It goes without saying that this marks the second game on next-gen consoles. If fundamental aspects like volumetric lighting and ball trajectory remain unresolved, it becomes essential to hold either BA or Nacon - whoever bears the responsibility for game development decisions - accountable.

Users who are viewing this thread