Cricket 24 - General Discussion

I love how they update the game on Steam and now it won't even load for me. Stuck on loading screen before it crashes.

Still no response or update, I just have a game sat here that I cant play.

Is there any way around this?

I love how they update the game on Steam and now it won't even load for me. Stuck on loading screen before it crashes.

Still no response or update, I just have a game sat here that I cant play.

Is there any way around this?
Game is running on steam for me

Does the patch affect previously saved games? I can almost swear I m not seeing much difference with the wicket keeper sliding around.

I took 2 wickets in 32 overs last night.

Australia were 110/2 when I stopped. First wicket looked pretty good actually, Anderson brought Khawaja forward into a defensive shot and it took the edge and went to 2nd slip. The 2nd was Labuschagne playing down Bakerloo when the line was Piccadilly. Crashed into his pads and was plumb. For some reason the umpire didn't give it which I thought was a nice touch of realism actually as long as it only happens every now and then, unless it's a bug of course.

Unfortunately the vast majority of my bowling was brilliant...if it was real life. But unfortunately on the game anything even a millimetre outside off has the batsman leaving. I suppose that's just something we have to accept in the game.

I took 2 wickets in 32 overs last night.

Australia were 110/2 when I stopped. First wicket looked pretty good actually, Anderson brought Khawaja forward into a defensive shot and it took the edge and went to 2nd slip. The 2nd was Labuschagne playing down Bakerloo when the line was Piccadilly. Crashed into his pads and was plumb. For some reason the umpire didn't give it which I thought was a nice touch of realism actually as long as it only happens every now and then, unless it's a bug of course.

Unfortunately the vast majority of my bowling was brilliant...if it was real life. But unfortunately on the game anything even a millimetre outside off has the batsman leaving. I suppose that's just something we have to accept in the game
I got a back of length delivery lbw on backfoot for fast bowler impact umpire's call , hitting top of off umpire's call not given but felt good

Interesting to note that the two games that BA have released this year have an average score of 46% procent positive reviews after combined 500 reviews. The AFL reviews are brutal an lo and behold cover the same ground as the reviews for cricket 24.

Of course all those negative reviews have no substance and are just people trying to be petty and get back at Ross and his gang, whereas the positve reviews are from proud members of the gaming community who know a good game and a good sound company when it sees one.

Who would have thought it?

A random review from steam:

"Brought this game thinking how bad could it be, im a huge AFL fan and thought id get some enjoyment out of it. Boy was I disappointed. Core features from previous titles missing and still are, updates few and far between the list goes on and on and on. If I could turn back time I'd rather have burnt my $100 than buy this game. Save yourself the money seriously..."

You can type either Cricket 24 or AFL23 and it wont really matter much.

I didn't see this in the thread, but over on the Big Ant forums, JNT said,

"We are certainly aware of all the feedback about spin and are looking into it. No exact date has been given to when this will be updated."

Also, no company I've ever worked for would let anyone who wasn't part of the marketing effort comment publicly on any aspect of the company's business, so I doubt we'll hear anything from Matt. Not his fault.

Also, no company I've ever worked for would let anyone who wasn't part of the marketing effort comment publicly on any aspect of the company's business, so I doubt we'll hear anything from Matt. Not his fault.
He made the post jubilating the state of the game himself. And is one of the main producers of the game. (In the credits he is second row from the top). The main man.

He made the post jubilating the state of the game himself. And is one of the main producers of the game. (In the credits he is second row from the top). The main man.
We've all bought the game like mugs so his work here is done.

I honestly thought matt joined the team as one of the developers when big ant employed him . Was surprised to see him as the producer of the game. Good for him !! I also do think he is probably not allowed to talk about it anymore. Probably got a slap on the wrist for doing so last time.

Users who are viewing this thread