Cricket 24 - General Discussion

One issue is that when you fail the Microsoft process at any phase, you have to start the entire process over at square one.

Yes. It was said by Benoit Clerc shortly after the Big Ant acquisition. It was reiterated again that same year during a conference call.

To be fair, I have no idea what they are saying now or what is mentioned on their website, but those were the sentiments not long ago.
It seems to me that Benoit Clerc and Nacon has been consistent with the message that they don't want to compete with EA in anyway. Plus, what they tell investors is authoritative, because if you lie to investors, you go to jail (caveats apply).

From 2019 (https://www.gamesindustry.biz/bigbe...the-middleweight-champion-of-games-publishing):
"We know we are not a major. We are not Ubisoft, we are not Electronic Arts, we are not among the big ones. We know our place, but this is a place where we are happy, and where we feel our creativity and our expertise can be exposed." ...
"We don't want to be in face to face competition with the big companies. We want to propose something different, every time. If we do propose something that directly competes against the major names of the industry, who are we? We will certainly fail.

"We are not a heavyweight champion. We want to be the middleweight champion."

From 2020, this seems the closest to what you're saying, but in context it isn't quite the same (https://venturebeat.com/business/nacons-beniot-clerc-becoming-a-double-a-gaming-force/):

Making double-A is not making a game that’s of less quality than triple-A. It’s making a game that’s talking to a lesser number of people. That’s what we’re doing. There are many genre audiences that the big names in our industry are not interested in anymore, because they’re not numerous enough. EA 10 years ago was publishing rugby games. This is no longer the audience that they’re talking to in the future. I love rugby and rugby fans. I’m often seeing on social networks, people saying, yeah, I’d like EA to publish a new rugby game, but they won’t. This is no longer their position in the market. But companies like BigBen, with numerous iterations — with Rugby 20, the game that we just released, we’re about to achieve what we did with WRC, which is to make a real good rugby simulation that will talk specifically to rugby fans.

Or upon acquisition of Big Ant (Not Benoit Clerc https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...s-leading-video-game-development-studios.html):

"This acquisition represents a significant step in Nacon's strategy.

It significantly strengthens our ability to create new sports games that match our ambitions in the AA segment. Through this transaction, we intend to become the world's leading player in rugby, tennis and cricket. Nacon is also proud to welcome the talents of Big Ant, one of the most creative studios in the industry, and we will support its growth on new, even more ambitious projects." says Alain Falc, Chairman and CEO of Nacon.

One issue is that when you fail the Microsoft process at any phase, you have to start the entire process over at square one.
And BAS is very good at failing in the process.

Microsoft and BAS make a deadly combo for Xbox users.

How on earth is this still a thing?! Been a problem for various iterations of the game, and is horrific for the immersion. Sliders don't even change anything tbh the AI will 9/10 chase the target without losing more than 2 wickets at most.
The T20 simulation is totally wrong... 95% of the games are easily chased.. top order batsman after 50 games would have an average of 60+ and a strike rate of 150+.. international bowlers will have an average of 40+ and 8+ econ. Many tickets have been raised on this and yet the same story continues

It seems to me that Benoit Clerc and Nacon has been consistent with the message that they don't want to compete with EA in anyway. Plus, what they tell investors is authoritative, because if you lie to investors, you go to jail (caveats apply).

From 2019 (https://www.gamesindustry.biz/bigbe...the-middleweight-champion-of-games-publishing):

From 2020, this seems the closest to what you're saying, but in context it isn't quite the same (https://venturebeat.com/business/nacons-beniot-clerc-becoming-a-double-a-gaming-force/):

Or upon acquisition of Big Ant (Not Benoit Clerc https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...s-leading-video-game-development-studios.html):
Maybe point 1 was one of the things said to me directly, I’ll go have to check through my messages.

2 and 3 still remain. Regardless, it’s becoming pedantic. The whole point remains the same and is that both Nacon and Big Ant see themselves as THE big dogs for these sports (Tennis, Rugby, Cricket, AFL, etc), they do value their position in the market and THEY are the ones setting the price tag…..so we should have every reason to have decidedly high expectations for their releases. There should be zero reasoning for the consumers to expect and/or be happy for anything, as long as it’s ‘decent’.

If you do still care about actual articles, for whatever reason, maybe trying looking into 2021. And check smaller Aussie publications for the Ross interview. I believe it was linked through Stevivor. Btw, two of the three articles were way to early. The first is from 2019, and the second was when they were still being called BigBen, so def quite after those two.

Last edited:
Maybe point 1 was one of the things said to me directly, I’ll go have to check through my messages.

2 and 3 still remain. Regardless, it’s becoming pedantic. The whole point remains the same and is that both Nacon and Big Ant see themselves as THE big dogs for these sports (Tennis, Rugby, Cricket, AFL, etc), they do value their position in the market and THEY are the ones setting the price tag…..so we should have every reason to have decidedly high expectations for their releases. There should be zero reasoning for the consumers to expect and/or be happy for anything, as long as it’s ‘decent’.

If you do still care about actual articles, for whatever reason, maybe trying looking into 2021. And check smaller Aussie publications for the Ross interview. I believe it was linked through Stevivor. Btw, two of the three articles were way to early. The first is from 2019, and the second was when they were still being called BigBen.

The earlier articles were to show a pattern - it wouldn't make sense for them to say the same thing in 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2023, but switch to saying we'll beat EA in the middle. Either way, I agree with you that Nacon and Big Ant should be judged on their own terms and that Cricket 24 hasn't met those standards. No need to compare them to EA or 2K.

They need to be able to deliver on the features they promise and to be able to code a patch that Microsoft finds acceptable.

The earlier articles were to show a pattern - it wouldn't make sense for them to say the same thing in 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2023, but switch to saying we'll beat EA in the middle. Either way, I agree with you that Nacon and Big Ant should be judged on their own terms and that Cricket 24 hasn't met those standards. No need to compare them to EA or 2K.

They need to be able to deliver on the features they promise and to be able to code a patch that Microsoft finds acceptable.

They haven't even included all features they promised in the last two games have they?

There's been no fielding overhaul... the licenses are still not fully complete or have been done in poor manner... there's still no Ultimate Team variant in the game right? Pretty sure that was promised for C22.

They haven't even included all features they promised in the last two games have they?

There's been no fielding overhaul... the licenses are still not fully complete or have been done in poor manner... there's still no Ultimate Team variant in the game right? Pretty sure that was promised for C22.
Or a special Ashes content as is promoted on Steam.

Basically having a laugh and calling out anyone who has legitimate questions to "Chill". Also their special community professional (and I mean the real one) @JNT BA has only been on to give a heart to a couple of posts that were favourable and said zero absolutely zero about anything of substance.

Just to quote him in his own words in case it has slipped his mind:

"That being said we hope future communications can be productive between the studio and everyone here. We appreciate your feedback good and bad. All we request is that we keep it as civil and collaborative as possible for the betterment of the game and the community as a whole, be that here or in other communication channels.

Looking forward to communicating with you all again soon.
"

To be fair this was from July 29th 2022 so he might be busy or something.........

Plus lost the ashes license or gave it up either way playing ashes now with no cut scenes and a shield as the graphic looks poor

Users who are viewing this thread