Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Or a special Ashes content as is promoted on Steam.

Basically having a laugh and calling out anyone who has legitimate questions to "Chill". Also their special community professional (and I mean the real one) @JNT BA has only been on to give a heart to a couple of posts that were favourable and said zero absolutely zero about anything of substance.

Just to quote him in his own words in case it has slipped his mind:

"That being said we hope future communications can be productive between the studio and everyone here. We appreciate your feedback good and bad. All we request is that we keep it as civil and collaborative as possible for the betterment of the game and the community as a whole, be that here or in other communication channels.

Looking forward to communicating with you all again soon.
"

To be fair this was from July 29th 2022 so he might be busy or something.........
Ross said the Xbox situation is keeping him up at night. Glad someone is because I’m in bed at 8 every night cz my 2 hours cricket time on my own has gone fir a burton along with my £50

Or a special Ashes content as is promoted on Steam.

Basically having a laugh and calling out anyone who has legitimate questions to "Chill". Also their special community professional (and I mean the real one) @JNT BA has only been on to give a heart to a couple of posts that were favourable and said zero absolutely zero about anything of substance.

Just to quote him in his own words in case it has slipped his mind:

"That being said we hope future communications can be productive between the studio and everyone here. We appreciate your feedback good and bad. All we request is that we keep it as civil and collaborative as possible for the betterment of the game and the community as a whole, be that here or in other communication channels.

Looking forward to communicating with you all again soon.
"

To be fair this was from July 29th 2022 so he might be busy or something.........

He hasn't posted on the Big Ant boards for over a week either. Wasn't posting much before that too.

But they've got the time for exclusively negative Steam reviews though where they ask for feedback? Heck, they even ask for suggestions? In Steam reviews that have comments disabled? It's all for the show. In the end though everyone keeps buying the game because they feel compelled to and that means nothing changes in the medium term.

Noticed @Langeveldt 's review and his response. Wonder if he got a proper conversation after his own response.
Post automatically merged:

Plus lost the ashes license or gave it up either way playing ashes now with no cut scenes and a shield as the graphic looks poor

How did the lose the license to the Ashes despite having the CA and ECB licenses? Can someone more knowledgeable than me fill me in here?

He hasn't posted on the Big Ant boards for over a week either. Wasn't posting much before that too.

But they've got the time for exclusively negative Steam reviews though where they ask for feedback? Heck, they even ask for suggestions? In Steam reviews that have comments disabled? It's all for the show. In the end though everyone keeps buying the game because they feel compelled to and that means nothing changes in the medium term.

Noticed @Langeveldt 's review and his response. Wonder if he got a proper conversation after his own response.

How did the lose the license to the Ashes despite having the CA and ECB licenses? Can someone more knowledgeable than me fill me in here?
Not sure if they’ve lost them or just not added them in game probably the latter as lots is missing either way it’s so so poor

This is what the Playstation Store says are the current features:

- The Ashes: Cricket 24 will feature the biggest rivalry in cricket, The Ashes. Detailed cutscenes immerse the player in the moment as the Ashes tour progresses. Feel a part of the team with press conferences and team training sessions. Unique commentary allows for complete Ashes immersion. Experience The Ashes playing as a single player, or as Australia or England.
- Official Licenses: over 300 players with full photogrammetry. Major Cricket Nations including Australia, England, West Indies, New Zealand and Ireland plus more. The biggest tournaments including The Ashes, the KFC BBL and Weber WBBL, The Hundred, the Caribbean Premier League plus a number of professional Indian T20 teams, along with more than 50 highly detailed official stadiums.
- Career Mode: follow the journey of your player from club cricketer to the international stage, developing your skills and growing your fan base as you hone your craft to become the next big thing in cricket. Cricket 24 gives more control to the player in determining their destiny, becoming a short-form hero, focusing on the Test team, or trying to balance both on your way to cricketing stardom.
- All new fielding: a complete overhaul of the fielding systems to provide the most realistic and responsive fielding controls ever seen in a cricket video game.
- Cross Platform: fully cross platform, play online against your friends and the world’s best players regardless of platform. Create and share custom content across different platforms including stadiums, players, teams and more with the academy.

I don't have the game, but it sounds like

1. Ashes: No
2. Yes, but are there 50 official stadiums? Does official = licensed?
3. Not sure - it's vague, so probably yes?
4. Fielding: I think most people would say no?
5. No idea, probably yes? It sounds like the academy has some bugs, but they aren't related to cross platform. Is it fully cross platform if Xbox doesn't have parity in patches?

This is what the Playstation Store says are the current features:

I don't have the game, but it sounds like

1. Ashes: No
2. Yes, but are there 50 official stadiums? Does official = licensed?
3. Not sure - it's vague, so probably yes?
4. Fielding: I think most people would say no?
5. No idea, probably yes? It sounds like the academy has some bugs, but they aren't related to cross platform. Is it fully cross platform if Xbox doesn't have parity in patches?
When you put it like that it’s a bit of a con job isn’t it.

Against my better judgment I've paid £28 for a key.

Doesn't beat the £12.50 I paid for 22 but at least I've not directly paid Ross for the last two shitshows

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231027-202300.png
    Screenshot_20231027-202300.png
    182 KB · Views: 44
p.s anyone findng bowling too easy might want to try no hud in pro mode. Adds another level to accuracy.

Also I am finding the WK behaves himslef more if I keep the WK normal position but slips back. Anyone else confirm this?

Nice little mini sess bowling against India at Lords

Desktop Screenshot 2023.10.27 - 22.39.21.14.png

p.s anyone findng bowling too easy might want to try no hud in pro mode. Adds another level to accuracy.
I’ve only just discovered pro mode. Really enjoyed it when played other day on C22 keeps you on ya toes batting never tried bowling will do when this games fixed

Yeah in fairness I have had a proper conversation with a dev. Whether the improvements I want, which are largely shared on here, actually end up in the game or not is another matter of course.

Yeah in fairness I have had a proper conversation with a dev. Whether the improvements I want, which are largely shared on here, actually end up in the game or not is another matter of course.
Did they seem to be aware of the issues or were they somewhat surprised? Did they acknowledge the issues or try to explain it away?

Users who are viewing this thread