Cricket 24 - General Discussion

So, just tried a new career as off spinner.
Plenty of turn (it was a grassy/dusty pitch)

Had a nice bowling wicket where the ball came back, fwd defensive missed it and it went passed the outside edge clipping top of off. Lovely.
Had a slight inside edge and wicketkeeper took it. Very nice.
Had a stumping! Wicketkeeper executed it beautifully. Was really chuffed with that.

Negative
Batsmen played a cut off the middle of the bat and Wkt Keeper took the catch superhuman like.

Has anyone taken a wicket through the gate with an offie yet?

First impressions with the new patch.

AI seems to play spin slightly better but too early to tell.

AI running is dreadful. They haven't taken into account the more powerful throws. So, so many run outs.

No patch yet on PS5. Can anyone confirm if the keeper is quicker now for run outs too? Or is it just stumpings?

@Wealey any word on T20 simulation of matches.

I tried putting wicket chances to 90 and batsman timing to 30. The postive side is batting first I'm getting simulated wickets between 5-7, the negative is that AI still ends up scoring 183.

While second batting the AI chases it in 15-18 overs loosing 2 or 3 wickets. #3 batsman has an insane bradmaseque average in t20s at double the strike rate. Don't feel like playing t20s in career mode because damn I'm jealous of my #3.

@Wealey any word on T20 simulation of matches.

I tried putting wicket chances to 90 and batsman timing to 30. The postive side is batting first I'm getting simulated wickets between 5-7, the negative is that AI still ends up scoring 183.

While second batting the AI chases it in 15-18 overs loosing 2 or 3 wickets. #3 batsman has an insane bradmaseque average in t20s at double the strike rate. Don't feel like playing t20s in career mode because damn I'm jealous of my #3.
My hunch would be sliders have no impact on simulation.

My hunch would be sliders have no impact on simulation.

Unless they changed it from C22 it does have an impact, albeit not as profoundly as it should be (except for the run-rate slider which does have a notable impact).

Annoying but just use the exit and restart after this happens, its what i do, dont want to take cheap unrealistic wickets like this.

Patch seems a decent one, time for my latest test "Test" to begin...
Haven't tried it myself but looking at the patch review on YouTube from Rahul Rants it's looking much more promising.

But yeah if they can sort out the AI running themselves out we've finally got ourselves a proper game to play.

Is it too much to ask for a genuine rain delay or two either? Or am I getting too greedy now!

Annoying but just use the exit and restart after this happens, its what i do, dont want to take cheap unrealistic wickets like this.

Patch seems a decent one, time for my latest test "Test" to begin...

Yeah I have done. I use a random number generator, anything 0-2 out of 10 and the runout stands. Else you'd have actually no run outs at all. Maybe I should go 0-1 out of 10.

I'm bowling on a grass pitch on hardest. Australia 150-8. Anderson has 4-28 and Leach 1-21 and Ali 1-19. Almost believable stuff now.

AI definitely seems to be playing spin a lot better. Early days so let's see how that holds over various grounds and conditions.
But the Ai run-out bug is really killing the game play. I hope we get some sort of hot fix to patch this quickly. Pretty annoyed having to restart after every run-out.

Users who are viewing this thread