Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Yep in the ideal world you don’t have time you just put your hands in the right place and hold on but this is a step.

Question in the build your playing does the AI batsmen duck when the fielders fizzes in a throw to the keeper?

Are there any bat pad catches at all now as a spinner?
Not had any at all. Im glad we are rid of the ball onto boot then caught, but not the other bat pads. Hopefully they can sort that.

First game since the patch. Career mode and first game of the county season in March! Thoughts below:

Positives:
  • I'm a leggie and the AI play more with a lot more intent. In real life in a county game in March a leg spinner wouldn't get a game nevermind get turn but I have a set of seaming conditions sliders to tone spin right down. I'm currently 2/50 from 16 overs.
  • I've set it to Spring and it's raining. There are also plenty of jumpers about. The clouds looks great too.
  • The wicketkeeper is a lot more responsive to stumpings and run outs.
  • Further to point 1, the AI has actually gone for me a bit. Been swept quite a lot.
  • Had a really realistic bit of play. Will Smeed played very well with 103 from 169 balls. He was conservative in his approach but literally as soon as he got to 100 he became aggressive. Came down the pitch at me and inside edged for 2 and then next ball came down the pitch against but ran past it and was stumped. Loved that.

Negatives:
  • Several times the AI has played a shot between deep backwards square and deep fine leg. On both occasions its gone for 4 as both fielders haven't moved at all. They just look at it trickling to the rope. This wasn't happening before.
  • It's raining but of course no rain delays. Obviously IRL the players would go off if it rained for 6/7 overs straight.
  • The 1st wicket i took was a superhuman catch from second slip.
  • It's a county game and Trent Bridge is probably 2/3 full. It's only a very minor detail but crowds in the CC are sparse, especially in Spring.
  • Another small detail but the ground announcer keeps saying Russia instead of Somerset.

Last edited:
So does anyone have a list of all licensed teams? I could not find anywhere

Also, I'm halfway through day 2 and the pitch hasn't changed. Grassy, soft, pitch wear -fast. Please don't tell me that visible pitch wear has gone again?

Edit: scrap that. I'm halfway through Day 3 now and it's definitely deteriorated. I can relax again now...

First game since the patch. Career mode and first game of the county season in March! Thoughts below:

Positives:
  • I'm a leggie and the AI play more with a lot more intent. In real life in a county game in March a leg spinner wouldn't get a game nevermind get turn but I have a set of seaming conditions sliders to tone spin right down. I'm currently 2/50 from 16 overs.
  • I've set it to Spring and it's raining. There are also plenty of jumpers about. The clouds looks great too.
  • The wicketkeeper is a lot more responsive to stumpings and run outs.
  • Further to point 1, the AI has actually gone for me a bit. Been swept quite a lot.
  • Had a really realistic bit of play. Will Smeed played very well with 103 from 169 balls. He was conservative in his approach but literally as soon as he got to 100 he became aggressive. Came down the pitch at me and inside edged for 2 and then next ball came down the pitch against but ran past it and was stumped. Loved that.

Negatives:
  • Several times the AI has played a shot between deep backwards square and deep fine leg. On both occasions its gone for 4 as both fielders haven't moved at all. They just look at it trickling to the rope. This wasn't happening before.
  • It's raining but of course no rain delays. Obviously IRL the players would go off if it rained for 6/7 overs straight.
  • The 1st wicket i took was a superhuman catch from second slip.
  • It's a county game and Trent Bridge is probably 2/3 full. It's only a very minor detail but crowds in the CC are sparse, especially in Spring.
  • Another small detail but the ground announcer keeps saying Russia instead of Somerset.

Yeah anything downloaded from the Academy the comms names are all over the place..

I have been asking for sweeps in longer format as they were pretty much non existent.

Are they sweeping for u in your build?

Yeah anything downloaded from the Academy the comms names are all over the place..

I have been asking for sweeps in longer format as they were pretty much non existent.

Are they sweeping for u in your build?
Had a few sweeps go for runs in front of square then a few more orthodox. To be fair the batsmen worked me around quite well.

Anyone notice that the announcer sometimes says the full proper names of players. I've heard Shadab khan's name being said completely, and a few other players as well. But in the commentary they'll just say either the first or last name set under player profile.

Just saw, there are some new camera presets in the game after patch.
Player cam, reverse view, fixed cameras, broadcast classic and pro mode in the pre set

EDIT : there are basically pre-sets, where you can select one preset and be done with it. No option for separate fielding, bowling, batting cameras. Basically they have mixed and matched the available custom cams and provided us with some pre-sets. Neat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread