Cricket 24 - General Discussion

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I just got a bug where Ben Stokes is now using a Kookaburra Surge bat in my game. Thought it could have been a side-effect of an England team I downloaded in the academy or something. But it is unfortunately not. I've reset the academy and restarted the game multiple times to see if the issue fixed itself, but alas, it still persists. Just wanted to know if anyone else has the same bug on the PS version. I've sent a ticket to Big Ant. Hope they resolve this. However, this could also be a side-effect of the latest patch, but it is doubtful if I was the only person affected.

Ricky14

County Cricketer
Possibly more ‘academy’ related, but I thought it’s worth posting it here as it suggests there could be more ‘restrictions’ coming our way
View attachment 285983
What I suggest BA here is make your own designs then.. Like the batting pad 11 template is used in most of the batting pads, like how they made non licensed wicket keeping pads just like Puma ones..You can actually put logos on them because it is not licensed by Puma..BA really should consider this..

There are so many users apart from gameplay care about the gears and other equipment. I have seen you how diligently you have been putting logos and how good those look..

@JNT BA I have too suggested through ticket. But as a huge fan for
equipment editing please consider our request.

Ricky14

County Cricketer
BA should add shami's action in game ,its such a beautiful action,would love to play in game with this action.
any news if new actions or batting styles be added in game???
Agree.. Also they can try those bowling actions which can be assigned to many bowlers.. For ex Dale Steyn's action, it's a proper action as it look so clean..

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Had a bug in the game yesterday where a fielder threw the ball deep from the cover and hit Keepers head and it went up in the air for SIX post that giving me overthrows :lol:lol. I hope the ball is ok after hitting the keeper whose head is made of steel.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Glad to hear everyone is now enjoying the game. Just a huge shame it is such a mess on Xbox One, still with awful visuals and graphics, plus gameplay glitches. At least I'm in the process of a refund now which I guess will contribute to buying a next gen console
I logged a ticket and they said they are aware and working on it and will update soon. Fyi

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I just got a bug where Ben Stokes is now using a Kookaburra Surge bat in my game. Thought it could have been a side-effect of an England team I downloaded in the academy or something. But it is unfortunately not. I've reset the academy and restarted the game multiple times to see if the issue fixed itself, but alas, it still persists. Just wanted to know if anyone else has the same bug on the PS version. I've sent a ticket to Big Ant. Hope they resolve this. However, this could also be a side-effect of the latest patch, but it is doubtful if I was the only person affected.
Think its everyone mate, I seen it yesterday and started looking online to see if he had changed manufacturer

Last edited:

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Are we still not getting bats when we download teams or players?
@wasteyouryouth I downloaded some of your players but bats are not showing for the players?
do you suggest any better way to download teams along with bats?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
why is there no perk systemn in this game like 22?? all players play very similarly!! no differentiation.
they really need to consider a return on perk system!! and make it even better!
Please bring the perk system to differentiate among the players.

anyone else missing it?

The perks didnt really make much difference to how AI behaves. Much like the mentalities dont now.

I seem to be the only one annoyed by this and banging the drum. Everyone seems happy with a team of Joe Roots meandering along at 3.5 per over in tests. Fine for many players but not all.

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
The perks didnt really make much difference to how AI behaves. Much like the mentalities dont now.

I seem to be the only one annoyed by this and banging the drum. Everyone seems happy with a team of Joe Roots meandering along at 3.5 per over in tests. Fine for many players but not all.
this needs to be fixed

niksopikso

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I don't want to be a buzz killer, but I am still not sure if these patches are actually fixing the one single issue 100%. The crowd sound was fixed but with no home or away concepts. Fielding was marginally fixed but then introduced new glitches. So everything is being touched and looked into (which is a good sign) but it's left half-cooked. Same with pitches, the option to select light, or heavy cracks doesn't work. The deuteriation doesn't impact the simulation or how the wicket plays.
The biggest issue which has been carried away since the few iterations is AI game awareness. In ODIs, the fourth or fifth bowlers are introduced around the 25th or 40th over and end up bowling until the last over. In one of the matches, Rabada bowled only 5 overs and never got a chance to complete its quota while the 5th or 6th bowlers were smacked.
Similarly in T20, the opening fast bowler goes on to finish his quota of overs in one go while spinners and 5th bowlers are handling the death overs.
Also, in the test, I haven't seen bowling changes made keeping the pitch in mind.

So, I hope whatever they have fixed till now they get back to it in upcoming patches and fix them 100%.
Another major improvement is required in simulation. Not everyone bowls every time. I usually enjoy batting and simulating bowling (owing to time constraints). Last night I scored 403 in the 50 overs and simulated Bangladesh's batting, they scored 399/3. Now I have already taken care of the skills and ratings assigned to the Bangladesh team. They are on the lower side, but simulation doesn't consider anything I guess.
SIMULATION SHOULD CONSIDER THE PLAYER RATINGS AND PITCH CONDITIONS. I THINK IT IS NEVER BEEN CONSIDERED.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I want whatever these keepers are on!!
What you reckon to current build mate ? Anything glaring you think needs addressing. I’m loving it especially now the slo motion reactions and plodding to every ball has gone but maybe that’s me just shocked and suprised that I’m really enjoying playing for the first time in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread