Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Indeed long known issue but its pretty poor we have to self police issues like this due to something that should have been fixed eons ago.

But they could be known issues that require a little bit more time..

To avoid the quick fix and break that can occur.

It's also relatively new I have never had the AI at short leg so what it can do now.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Just downloaded the patch on Xbox first thing your greeted with are lines across the screen on Home Screen and in game looks like tvs broken but it isn’t. Might be to do with the new animated effect but looks bad. Tried the new dynamic camera quickly feels weird but I’ll have a proper go tonight and test the gameplay out. Fingers crossed it’s good
IMG_2758.jpeg IMG_2759.jpeg

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Oh for sure. I'm first to critique. But if there's positives. I'd rather focus on them.

It will never be perfect. Far from.

I bowled 200 overs other day. And apart from 3 instances it was solid cricket.
for me this is the key. I'm aware it's a game and there will be bugs and issues - the key is how often and how impactful. in a test match, the odd bit of bad fielding giving an extra run here or there isn't a big deal. (the shorter the format, obviously the bigger the deal for every run.)

but wickets are a big deal, if you're getting dumb run-outs or the keeper sliding through the wickets and batter to take a catch in front of the crease, and it's happening every few overs, that renders it unplayable.

pre the prior patch on ps5, for longer formats (and I do only play tests), it was a fun and dare i say realistic game, with the issues not so frequent or impactful. that patch destroyed it. and it's hard for me to cut BA much slack or give them a lot of benefit of the doubt when they pushed that patch out on console when steam had been raising these issues for several days.

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
played for half an hour , one inngs t20 batting & 20 overs test bowling , seems positive for initial impressions, definitely better than last crap patch.

some issue which is still need first lookup -

1. still batsmen playing cover shot when i try to play on point/cover point, its really frustrating
2. Played a sweep too fine, should go for a four but keeper took the catch super humanly. (no till now keeper not came in front off wkt to take a catch)
3.AI batsmen are running very close runs after defending, no they are not getting run out, its been set up that they will complete the run till u collect & throw.
4. accessibility setting is still half baked i felt, tried direction toggle for batting & set it towards 3rd man , but still batsman played straight drive 2 times, anyways wont use it that much but if its there than it should work basically at least.
& how to update headless players(C. Jordan, B. Duckett a few) , can someone kindly help ?

Reactions: USA

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Are you talking about bat pads? Or a new issue?
No glance shots goes straight to hand even if the ball is smashed legside. I actually haven't had one bat pad yet. Bowled England out for 130 with 4 wickets to spinners because of the OP short leg. Forcing myself not to use a short leg until it is fixed. Rest of the fielding is pretty good. Heading in the right direction again. Default Veteran AI with hard batting and bowling.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
One thing I've noticed is there's no GM bats from after 2021. Any GM player is using a bat which is three years old at this point!

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
OH and no run outs yet lol. There were some close calls but AI very careful when running.
Glad to hear that, run outs accounted for atleast 3 wickets every game on the previous patch.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
No glance shots goes straight to hand even if the ball is smashed legside. I actually haven't had one bat pad yet. Bowled England out for 130 with 4 wickets to spinners because of the OP short leg. Forcing myself not to use a short leg until it is fixed. Rest of the fielding is pretty good. Heading in the right direction again. Default Veteran AI with hard batting and bowling.
Any plays and misses ? Genuine wickets ? Going to fire it back up tonight properly and edit the players down to 5 like @Wealey Suggested see if I get a decent game

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Any plays and misses ? Genuine wickets ? Going to fire it back up tonight properly and edit the players down to 5 like @Wealey Suggested see if I get a decent game

Plenty of play and misses.. I had some lovely nicks to slips.
Post automatically merged:

C
for me this is the key. I'm aware it's a game and there will be bugs and issues - the key is how often and how impactful. in a test match, the odd bit of bad fielding giving an extra run here or there isn't a big deal. (the shorter the format, obviously the bigger the deal for every run.)

but wickets are a big deal, if you're getting dumb run-outs or the keeper sliding through the wickets and batter to take a catch in front of the crease, and it's happening every few overs, that renders it unplayable.

pre the prior patch on ps5, for longer formats (and I do only play tests), it was a fun and dare i say realistic game, with the issues not so frequent or impactful. that patch destroyed it. and it's hard for me to cut BA much slack or give them a lot of benefit of the doubt when they pushed that patch out on console when steam had been raising these issues for several days.
Agree completely.. 2 silly run outs in an innings where if I can reload I'm not bothered.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
A lot of play and misses yes. Had one inside edge onto stumps and couple of beautiful edges to slips. Yet to get lbw's and clean bowled wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread