Cricket 24 - General Discussion

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Should be able to pull something like this up in a match.

View attachment 287180View attachment 287181

I've still got my Alastair Cook one somewhere from when I was first asking about it during DBC 17 or Ashes Cricket. :cry:

That'd be perfect. It does bug me that you can press a button and see the batsmans rudimentary strengths and weakness but not your own bowlers. This would be next level though.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The game is good enough for it to be engaging at the moment and I am enjoying it -

A couple of griffes that I have are -
a) The short cover (and I short leg from the videos posted earlier) takes some unbelievable catches even when you middle the ball.
b) All throws from the AI are generally on the full to the keeper regardless of where they are thrown from - would it be possible to make it one-bounce to the keeper, especially from the deep.

Apart from that I am generally happy with the game - could do with some wide yorkers from the AI and slower ball bouncers, but that might be asking for too much.

OMGAvrilLavigne666

County Cricketer
Is rain on the radar of BA support? obviously not as big a priority but would be good to know if its been acknowledged and will be worked on at some point.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Always pro controls and I bowl much the same as you, set a field and try and bowl to it with variations in length and seam angle/aftertouch, only changing the field periodically or if I'm trying to do something specific with a bowler.

Like the right saddo I am, I'll look before any match and jot down my bowlers strengths. If he's predominantly an inswing bowler I'll bowl largely inswing, if he's strong on bouncers/yorkers I'll bowl back of a length and mix it up between those. I definitely try to bowl differently with each bowler. I do often wonder if some of what I'm doing makes any difference at all, for example I'll only move aftertouch direction mid run up and generally not very much, in my head that makes more of a difference than swinging it round from 12 to 6 o'clock before you've started running. It probably doesn't make a jot of difference right enough but I'll keep doing it.
I’ve never used aftertouch. I’ve been trying to guess what it does or what real life mechanism it actually replicates? @Wealey any idea?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I’ve never used aftertouch. I’ve been trying to guess what it does or what real life mechanism it actually replicates? @Wealey any idea?
Aftertouch for pro bowling is just length longer and shorter - you can press the old R1/L1 instead if you prefer, they do the same thing as pushing the left stick up or down. It is no more complex than that.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Pretty much what waste said.. so I choose my length. Say I'm Jimmy and using X good length. I then use aftertouch to go slightly fuller or slightly shorter. If I'm bowling an away swinger I'll also point the after touch more towards middle and leg so it starts straighter.

rangersw12

Club Captain
Since the patch has anyone played on a dusty pitch ?

Playing a tour in Sri Lanka ( I'm England) and the ball is turning square really tricky to play and very rewarding when I get runs .

Patch seems to have enhanced the game so now I just wish they won't break it like they did with all the previous games and take a bit of time before the next patch

Still hoping they update test championship

Hester

County Cricketer
Anything will do I see peoples steam highlights and think looks good I play 500 overs get no lbws, clean bowled and only 3 catches to slips. Boring crap and altering stuff in difficulties does next to nothing gunna go back to 22 I think I love spending hours bowling but like to see a return not just run outs and played on when your due a wicket
Well, bizarrely, I just started an Ashes series.
1st innings I was bowling as England. No run outs!! 3 edges (1 to 2nd slip). 2 lbw.
1 bowled but it was off the boot. Was desperate for a clean bowled but not to be. 2 caught and bowled off awful balls that the AI messed up.

I had it on veteran difficulty.
Striker timing 70
Run rate 40 (they were all out for 230)
Wicket chance 40.

I must add that I didn't have a short leg in. Ever.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
This is my issue with defensive shots. Look where the ball is and my input is a defensive shot towards the ball but the output is defensive to the opposite direction (legside). Same thing when I play defensive shot legside the output will be offside. Is this a bug or something I can change in sliders?
View attachment 287167
This really annoys the crap out of me. Now you can't bat against spin because you keep getting bowled because of retarded defensive shots. Just another week of shelving the game I guess.
Seems like after the patch the batting camera changed from batting relative to camera relative which caused the problem with the defensive shots. All good now!

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Well, bizarrely, I just started an Ashes series.
1st innings I was bowling as England. No run outs!! 3 edges (1 to 2nd slip). 2 lbw.
1 bowled but it was off the boot. Was desperate for a clean bowled but not to be. 2 caught and bowled off awful balls that the AI messed up.

I had it on veteran difficulty.
Striker timing 70
Run rate 40 (they were all out for 230)
Wicket chance 40.

I must add that I didn't have a short leg in. Ever.
I’ve just started a random test agains Ireland in Dublin. I’m England bowling and first 3 wickets are catch at slips, a caught and bowled and clean bowled all three wickets looked beautiful so I’m starting to think like i and others have said before when I’m playing the likes of AUS in ashes which I always do the batsman are just too overpowered as I see nothing like this not even anything close

Hester

County Cricketer
I’ve just started a random test agains Ireland in Dublin. I’m England bowling and first 3 wickets are catch at slips, a caught and bowled and clean bowled all three wickets looked beautiful so I’m starting to think like i and others have said before when I’m playing the likes of AUS in ashes which I always do the batsman are just too overpowered as I see nothing like this not even anything close
At least you now know they exist haha.
I've always felt that the official teams, particularly, AUS, are somehow more OP than downloaded teams, no matter what the stats. In all the bigant cricket games I mean.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
At least you now know they exist haha.
I've always felt that the official teams, particularly, AUS, are somehow more OP than downloaded teams, no matter what the stats. In all the bigant cricket games I mean.
Broad has 5 and everyone has been lovely to watch so either it’s pot luck by the game when loading or going to have to nerf all the Aussies a touch if want to play ashes

Users who are viewing this thread