Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
MI, PK, DC, GT, LSG are covered, based on pic posted by Ross... Now remain is RCB, CSK, SRH, RR, KKR...

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

JNT BA

@JNT
Big Ant
Oh, come on guys don't be too hard on the Twitter guys. They give me a laugh when I get in and catch up on Twitter news when I get to the studio. So many features and things I didn't know we are going to do. It's crazy how they have lots of apparently confirmed information before I do.
You throw enough spaghetti at the wall some of it will stick.
Careful, that may become the next feature we will release, spaghetti simulator mode.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Oh, come on guys don't be too hard on the Twitter guys. They give me a laugh when I get in and catch up on Twitter news when I get to the studio. So many features and things I didn't know we are going to do. It's crazy how they have lots of apparently confirmed information before I do.

Careful, that may become the next feature we will release, spaghetti simulator mode.
Perfect drill to boost your throwing skills

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

1683095198956.png
I'll believe you when you're verified like waste is.

dawg456

Club Cricketer
View attachment 278753
I'll believe you when you're verified like waste is.
I hope we actually massive gameplay improvements, pitch conditions. New shots. Fewer glitches, A difficulty level between hard and hardest. Newer batting styles. Personally not too excited about mocaps cuz the community does a great job with this anyway. I also hope scheduling of the smaller nations in career mode is a focus. I played 10 years of career mode for srilanka in cricket 22. 80+ tests. I never played a series in Australia or England, Never played a day, night test. Also away AI sides play 4 pacers in spinning asian wickets with no spinners. This should be a focus too.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
I hope we actually massive gameplay improvements, pitch conditions. New shots. Fewer glitches, A difficulty level between hard and hardest. Newer batting styles. Personally not too excited about mocaps cuz the community does a great job with this anyway. I also hope scheduling of the smaller nations in career mode is a focus. I played 10 years of career mode for srilanka in cricket 22. 80+ tests. I never played a series in Australia or England, Never played a day, night test. Also away AI sides play 4 pacers in spinning asian wickets with no spinners. This should be a focus too.
Community can't do mocaps for the game i think you are referring to photogrammetry... however it seems people are referring to cricket 22 while claiming community makes better player faces than the licensed players but according to me that happened because most of the licensed players could not be photogrammetised in cricket 22 due to pandemic arising out of covid 19, and hence licensed players had negligible player likeness however when a player is really photogrammetised and then properly recreated into the game, the likeness of the same cannot be compared to any community created stuff

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
So just a quick recap, confirmed so far is the spaghetti simulator and sweaty balls and where did we end up on the groin strain slider?

On a serious note... I was playing a bit of C22 over the weekend and I was playing career mode in SA. Sadly, this seems to be the only place we can beat Australia in a test series, at home and on Xbox. In real life, not so much... Anyways, a week later I was playing two club matches again killing time before the next series was about to start. And again I ask, PLEASE let us be able to do some minor editing of the random generated players in the game. When I play a club match against guys with weird names, three lads with man-buns and each team in the league with an opening bowler rocking Bumrah's action I develop a severe case of Forest Whitaker eye. I don't want to be able to change any of their skills, but if we can edit their names, appearances and possibly their bowling actions, that would be great.

Or should I address this to the Twitter guy?

Also... PLOT TWIST... What if random Twitter Guy is actually Ross trolling the trolls? Just a thought... hahaha

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think if pitches were basically grouped like this:

1) Very Favourable to Pace
2) Somewhat Favourable to Pace
3) Balanced
4) Somewhat Favourable to Spin
5) Very Favourable to Spin

Assuming most teams would want five bowling options (4 + an all rounder), you could have bowling line ups suited to each one:

1) 4 Pace bowlers + all rounder, weighted to a seamer
2) 3 Pace bowlers, best spinner, + 1 all rounder seamer
3) 3 Pace Bowlers, 1 Spinner + best all rounder
4) 2 Pace Bowlers, 2 Spinners + best all rounder
5) 1 Pace Bowlers, 3 Spinners + best all rounder

Obviously you'd want pitches to suit the skills. More grass, quicker pitches, slow wear for seamers. Lower bounce, quicker wear, more turn for spinners.

Weather could play a part, that might be the weighting that tips the type of all rounder they choose. Very favourable pitch for seam bowling, plus cloudy skies for swing bowling then they'd pick a Colin de Grandhomme instead of Mitchell Santner.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
It baffles me how many people post here about a cricket video game compared to the literal forum for discussing cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread