NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Congratulations guys, we have turned BA into another Apple. Like Apple, BA came in all hot and heavy and innovative in the first few games and post that its all the same.

Like Apple only improving cameras, BA will now go this route of only innovating through licenses. Good for them but I as a consumer have become smart. Just like I dont buy a new iPhone every year now, I wont be buying this game.

Anyways this game is not marketed towards me, it’s marketed towards the poor folks who have no clue how paying for C22 and not getting as many licenses will be a cheaper route to go compared to buying the same game with more licenses.

Good luck BA, hope just like Apple, you get fool’s buying the same shit again and again.

issue

Associate Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What's tomorrow? Screenshots ? Of slim players? Maybe licensed players? Or kits? Eager to see what's in the store
Nothing much but second day of disastrous marketing (indeed game) from bugant on the way

caprikaps

Club Captain
I'll judge the game when I've played it, but my satisfaction will be linked to my expectations.

I think a lot of people have unrealistic expectations and set themselves up for disappointment.
I don't disagree, assuming it's fair to expect Warner to play left-handed, fielders to not jog around the ball, and many other VERY IMPORTANT aspects of the game. I keep my expectations simple and just want a fundamentally correct game. Fireworks, kits, gloves can come later; it's redundant, and I can live without it.

I'm still hopeful but definitely not happy with what I saw today. I just really want BA to prove me wrong and deliver a much more polished title on the 5th Oct.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A 1 min 37 secs video didn't appeal good about the game (compared to C22), already thinking what difference will the 1 screenshot going to be released tomorrow make??

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
It's alright, to each their own. While EA remains a money-making machine, it consistently delivers a superior product compared to what BA offers. I wouldn't be surprised if you find Cricket 24 satisfactory.

As an avid cricket fan, it's frustrating to see the same issues persist across titles, and BA doesn't seem to care

The things you compare are just not the same. EA is so big that it can buy a developer like Codemasters. Codies itself is far from small and has several different development teams within it based in several different locations. There is very little excuse for any EA games to be poor when you look at the tech, dev team sizes and budget they have available to them. That's not to say issues should be ignored in the BAS games, but expecting the same level of anything compared to an EA title is setting yourself up for disappointment. BAS is making very niche sports titles. EA is releasing sports games based on sports that have teams/clubs/companies worth billions of pounds. That's before you even get onto titles like Star Wars, Battlefield, Apex Legends or Mass Effect.

As for the trailer... not surprising. Based on what Matt said here and here, I'm not in the least bit surprised it's the video we got. I even understand it - I know young me would have been taken in by the thought of more licences. Hell, I still like the idea of it now because I'm a sucker for stadiums. But, as others have said, licences feel totally irrelevant if we still have the same glaring gameplay issues the last two games have had. Seeing little attention to detail issues like stats and cutscene detail - whilst not even close to game-breaking - absolutely raises questions about the rest of the game.

If you're (and I mean anyone here) one of the people sitting there calling things out but also saying "I'm still going to buy it" - why? If you truly have big concerns, don't just blindly hand your money over. I want to see more cricket games, I want to see them get better, but blindly buying it despite your own strong misgivings is madness. We've all done it, but we have to learn at some point, right? RIGHT?! :sweat:

Just a little further comment on EA - it seems to be on something of an internal revolution from what I understand. Not to say it's not a money-hungry company that misses the mark in several places (let's be real, any company that wants a future is about making money at some point, especially one of that size), but there have been a lot of good noises coming out of various dev teams within it over the last 2-3 years. Things really do seem to be changing, even if it takes a bit of time to come to the surface.

Last edited:

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Dire...i mean honestly...dire.

Two years later and you cant even give us a new UI/scoreboard?

Lefties warming up right handed, same animations, everything thats already been said...and you bang on about how your great "licenses" will let me play as Oman.

Yeah, cheers.

Its nothing more than Cricket 22 with the most minor of changes and a World Cup cash grab - but we knew all this, and they didnt disappoint in disappointing did they?

Wont get a penny out of me.
I feel exactly the same. It looks like a slightly (and it really is slightly) touched up C22.

I can live with the game looking basically the same if they have given the gameplay a huge overhaul but as it stands I have absolutely no confidence in BA to have sorted out the gameplay issues. I just don't think they consider it as important as superficial updates.

They conned me once by getting me to buy C22 when it was broken but they won't get my money again unless I read and see clear evidence that playing an actual game of cricket on it is a better, more realistic experience.

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
It is very telling that the one dev diary that we are getting before launch focussed on asthetic elements rather than gameplay. Compare to EA (i know we are talking to way different companies) but when launching FC24 they had numerous development updates and these were accompanied by detailed pitch notes and a lot of focussed on gameplay.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
It is very telling that the one dev diary that we are getting before launch focussed on asthetic elements rather than gameplay. Compare to EA (i know we are talking to way different companies) but when launching FC24 they had numerous development updates and these were accompanied by detailed pitch notes and a lot of focussed on gameplay.
On top of that IGN rated the gane 7

caprikaps

Club Captain
The things you compare are just not the same. EA is so big that it can buy a developer like Codemasters. Codies itself is far from small and has several different development teams within it based in several different locations. There is very little excuse for any EA games to be poor when you look at the tech, dev team sizes and budget they have available to them. That's not to say issues should be ignored in the BAS games, but expecting the same level of anything compared to an EA title is setting yourself up for disappointment. BAS is making very niche sports titles. EA is releasing sports games based on sports that have teams/clubs/companies worth billions of pounds. That's before you even get onto titles like Star Wars, Battlefield, Apex Legends or Mass Effect.

As for the trailer... not surprising. Based on what Matt said here and here, I'm not in the least bit surprised it's the video we got. I even understand it - I know young me would have been taken in by the thought of more licences. Hell, I still like the idea of it now because I'm a sucker for stadiums. But, as others have said, licences feel totally irrelevant if we still have the same glaring gameplay issues the last two games have had. Seeing little attention to detail issues like stats and cutscene detail - whilst not even close to game-breaking - absolutely raises questions about the rest of the game.

If you're one of the people sitting there calling things out but also saying "I'm still going to buy it" - why? If you truly have big concerns, don't just blindly hand your money over. I want to see more cricket games, I want to see them get better, but blindly buying it despite your own strong misgivings is madness. We've all done it, but we have to learn at some point, right? RIGHT?! :sweat:

Just a little further comment on EA - it seems to be on something of an internal revolution from what I understand. Not to say it's not a money-hungry company that misses the mark in several places (let's be real, any company that wants a future is about making money at some point, especially one of that size), but there have been a lot of good noises coming out of various dev teams within it over the last 2-3 years. Things really do seem to be changing, even if it takes a bit of time to come to the surface.
Like I said before, comparing them won't be correct given the size and experience EA brings. That said, if I shell out the same amount for Cricket 22/24 as I do for EAFC24, I would expect them to be well-tested with the fundamentals right, given this is not their first release. Additionally, we all understand that issues/bugs are inevitable in a complex sports game, but what would be ideal is for BA to own those issues and work with the intent to sort them out, rather than abandoning the buyers for the next game.

I hope these expectations are far from unrealistic, and any buyer would expect the product quality to be acceptable.

That said, I'm definitely not buying the game this year, given my experience with Cricket 22 and if Cricket 24 has the same set of issues with only licenses included. It is a fundamental life principle: if you don't get the value from what you pay for, buying it again would only make it worse.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Do we have

1 - Inner ring and outfield catches?

2 - Fairly obvious mentalities? (particularly now in the Bazball era where we have entire teams of players playing different types of cricket in the same match).

3 - Not overpowered spinners?

4 - Dynamic pitch wear?

Or is this another cash grab with simply licenses added to C22 and repackaged?

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
If the fielding is improved and there’s an atmosphere in games and by that I don’t mean singing and shouting but the fact you can tell people are in like it was for ashes 19 and a cheer with runs or wickets I’ll buy the game if not I’ll pass and re download c22.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
One thing I have been calling for for a few years is building upon the previous.

The gameplay is solid. If the capacity to then tweak that is there that's ideal.

As I said before small little minor adjustments last year stopped the AI going slog mode in tests and got rid of the last ball smash etc. It made test match AI batting so good.

So it's not a disaster with 22 being used as the base by any means

Wealey

ICC Board Member
If the fielding is improved and there’s an atmosphere in games and by that I don’t mean singing and shouting but the fact you can tell people are in like it was for ashes 19 and a cheer with runs or wickets I’ll buy the game if not I’ll pass and re download c22.

Yeah must admit atmosphere in 22 was massively lacking. Fingers crossed that may be one of the audio changes.

dawg456

Club Cricketer
I would take the AI not playing 4 pacers in tests on subcontinent pitches, gets really annoying when u play career mode for a subcontinent nation. New, shots/animations, pitch degradation, smarter ai and better fielding
One thing I have been calling for for a few years is building upon the previous.

The gameplay is solid. If the capacity to then tweak that is there that's ideal.

As I said before small little minor adjustments last year stopped the AI going slog mode in tests and got rid of the last ball smash etc. It made test match AI batting so good.

So it's not a disaster with 22 being used as the base by any means

Users who are viewing this thread