Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I do wonder if the AFL issues killed any chance of making serious improvements to the game.

Not claiming to be an insider or anything but BA is a small studio and it’s likely they just had no time or manpower to set aside for Cricket 24, hence the delay and complete lack of any sort of marketing.

Will be interesting to see actually if there are new commentary lines for the Ashes like there were in 22.

Still no running commentary.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Has anyone seen anything in the albeit limited gameplay to excite them or that looks that it might justify a new purchase?

Lets keep the rhetoric down a notch. No need to talk of firing and bla bla bla. Be critical if you wish, but keep it cool .

Nothing to convince me at all. I'm taking very little notice of the current videos in terms of presentation and faces given none of it really matches up to the screenshots or teaser video so far. Assuming there is a day 1 patch, I would assume the disk versions are a long way behind given how far ahead they would have to be sent out. If it still looks like it does in the non-BAS videos seen after any potential day 1 update, then there's really nothing to say that hasn't already been said.

The only thing I've spotted that was of any interest to me is the left-arm seamer bowling way outside leg stump to a right-handed batter... again. This was a problem that blighted the Cricket 22 batting experience for me. I played a chunk of my career as a left-handed batter (seeing as that's how I batted in real life) and as modern and historic England in tours (you know, a team with a lot of left-handers over the years). It made milking any right arm over bowlers so easy through the legside. I loved the feel of the batting in 22 and that is what kept me playing for many hours, but my word did bowling lines and lengths make it a "so near and yet so far" experience for me.

I'll be watching a bit of Twistie and @passwordistaco (assuming he's getting it) to see if anything has changed at all with the fundamentals. If I see a hint of the above, OP spinners and stupid run-outs, I see zero reason to spend the money.

Attachments

• 1696418464526.png
    1696418464526.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 37

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Guys game is less than 24 hours away with a big day one patch. We know BA. How the game always looks buggy and undercooked on release but patches will start shooting and they always make the game better. Let's try and give BA benefit of the doubt
Game doesn't look buggy to be honest even the commentary feels good this time and I don't think they will be adding gameplay features in day 1 patch ,we have to accept it just C22 more polished version.

I sincerely hope they sort out the career mode this time around (My bread and butter mode) otherwise there will be no point for me to keep the game as I already own C22.

Last edited:

Karachi

Associate Captain
Guys game is less than 24 hours away with a big day one patch. We know BA. How the game always looks buggy and undercooked on release but patches will start shooting and they always make the game better. Let's try and give BA benefit of the doubt

Relatively better, and let's not give them any sort of benefit they do not deserve.

moon89

School Cricketer
I enjoyed Cricket 22 and would be happy to play a slightly more polished version. I've not played Cricket 22 since the delay to 24 was announced as a kind of personal strike. So I'm actually quite excited for the new game

hj576

Club Cricketer
The good news is, the game on display at the event was Version 0.2, so most probably a earlier build, going by the build number, could be quite an early build. Hopefully the finished game would be better

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 4.42.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 4.42.21 PM.png
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 20

Solomon

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I feel the current gameplay videos circulating are before the patched version. With so many Indian licenced players through IPL, not even one name came up in the squad list. Still hoping there would be a welcome surprise for us all tomorrow.

PS: Just wanted to add my contribution towards this crap filled 230 pages

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
The good news is, the game on display at the event was Version 0.2, so most probably a earlier build, going by the build number, could be quite an early build. Hopefully the finished game would be better
0.3 is the latest version as of 2nd Oct which just lists stability improvements.

sytrics

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Haha, oh, the classic BA game release strategy: "Launch now, patch later!" #BApatchmagic C24 again a game of Patches... :P

Users who are viewing this thread