Cricket 24 - General Discussion

caprikaps

Club Captain
I get this feeling from many people in this thread. They’re just looking for any kind of positive reason to justify a purchase to their inner selves. Once they buy it they compare it with the lowest denominator (C22 in this instance) at release and then feel satisfied that it isn’t as bad.
Thats what Ross and team understands that their would always be an audience who would buy regardless of how shit the game is. Add BA monopoly to it, sales would be inevitable

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
The clips of the "overhauled" fielding we're seeing on here confirm what many of us knew - its barely been touched at all.

If they patch the hell out of this and make it playable let me know, sadly i think ill have been dead 15 years by that point.

Honestly, its a joke, it really is.

niksopikso

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I get this feeling from many people in this thread. They’re just looking for any kind of positive reason to justify a purchase to their inner selves. Once they buy it they compare it with the lowest denominator (C22 in this instance) at release and then feel satisfied that it isn’t as bad.
Absolutely correct. I thought this time I'd wait, but I convinced myself that I should check the game myself and draw conclusions. Just an excuse for me to buy it. Also, I thought I was going eventually to buy it. But I think I made a wrong decision. Should have had that control. Now will play a full-fledged test match for 3-4 days and see how it feels.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
I figured I'd give it a try with the Steam refund policy in the back of my mind. Started a test and was immediately greeted by Hazlewood bowling a couple of overs of dross on Duckett's pads. Started a test v India - Leech's very first ball resulted in the same flick onto the pads we've seen in C22 and caught by the close catcher. Alt+F4'd, refund requested, thank you very much. I feel a little sad, honestly. I've played just about every cricket game since Brian Lara Cricket in 1998 to Cricket 22. I've found fun in all of them in some way shape or form, but in the 2 hours I tried 24 it just felt so... beige. So soulless. I can't really explain it better than that. Old issues immediately coming up felt like such a slap in the face.

Oh well. My personal curiosity has been satisfied so I'll back to playing FC 24, various racing games and waiting for EA WRC. Fingers crossed Cricket 24 improves over time because I really wish for the best for Big Ant.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Guys who think patches will fix cricket 24 don't be delusional bug ant had 2 years to fix cricket 22 they could not .The Over powered Spinners bug and bat pad bug is continuing from cricket 19 if in 4 years they can't fix simple things don't expect much.Ck 24 will only get worse with patches.Donate to charity than bug ant.

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I figured I'd give it a try with the Steam refund policy in the back of my mind. Started a test and was immediately greeted by Hazlewood bowling a couple of overs of dross on Duckett's pads. Started a test v India - Leech's very first ball resulted in the same flick onto the pads we've seen in C22 and caught by the close catcher. Alt+F4'd, refund requested, thank you very much. I feel a little sad, honestly. I've played just about every cricket game since Brian Lara Cricket in 1998 to Cricket 22. I've found fun in all of them in some way shape or form, but in the 2 hours I tried 24 it just felt so... beige. So soulless. I can't really explain it better than that. Old issues immediately coming up felt like such a slap in the face.

Oh well. My personal curiosity has been satisfied so I'll back to playing FC 24, various racing games and waiting for EA WRC. Fingers crossed Cricket 24 improves over time because I really wish for the best for Big Ant.
They should bring back Graham Gooch cricket like I played on the Spectrum 48k. Now that was a game!

Graham_Gooch's_Test_Cricket_coverart.png

Users who are viewing this thread