Cricket 24 - General Discussion

niksopikso

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
You only run directly at the ball in cricket if it's coming to you. If it's coming past you at an angle you have to work out a cutoff angle. Running towards it means you add extra distance to the chase.

One of the weaknesses of the original fielding code was not really factoring any time for fielders to work out interception angles, and that they would set off without watching the ball. It looks like there's some new stuff in there trying to handle this aspect of the things with a little more finesse than previous versions with the added ability to sidestep to keep the player watching the ball.

It might not be optimally balanced but it's hard to tell from this clip. That's far enough away from the fielder that if it's hit really well that might be just out of range.
When I say running towards the ball , I meant running in trajectory anticipating the ball. This is a sideway run everytimeand once the ball passes then they cover that distance. May be I am not able to explain it properly but they tried something different we can appreciate that, but still doesn’t look correct to me

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
So I just tried career mode and it kept crashing before the coin toss each time. Then eventually it removed all my settings I'd changed saying it was corrupted. I really CBA playing the game tonight now. Maybe tomorrow.
Same thing with c22 at the start of 3rd match as a player for Kerala after being promoted from club cricket. Raised multiple tickets for it and of no use.

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Same thing with c22 at the start of 3rd match as a player for Kerala after being promoted from club cricket. Raised multiple tickets for it and of no use.
I know what you mean, I don't believe they would try to fix it.

kamrul

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As English isn't my first language, could someone please explain the meaning of immersion?

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just started a test match bw Aus & Eng on Hard difficulty
I picked Aus and got to bat first, warner & khawaja to start
played around 15 overs on Perth green/dry top and very disappointed to see that right handed bowlers are constantly bowling outside leg stump to lefties from over the wicket
This is the exact same bug we had in C22
AI doesnt make any field changes no matter how much you score on the leg side
And as a batter you cant play pull shots towards mid wicket(7/8 o clock direction), the batter just plays a weird backfoot punch in that area which doesnt look natural at all
This was what killed test matches for me. No reaction from the ai. Can just smack boundary after boundary where they leave gaps

Jake Azazel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Just started a test match bw Aus & Eng on Hard difficulty
I picked Aus and got to bat first, warner & khawaja to start
played around 15 overs on Perth green/dry top and very disappointed to see that right handed bowlers are constantly bowling outside leg stump to lefties from over the wicket
This is the exact same bug we had in C22
AI doesnt make any field changes no matter how much you score on the leg side
And as a batter you cant play pull shots towards mid wicket(7/8 o clock direction), the batter just plays a weird backfoot punch in that area which doesnt look natural at all
Does the AI batsman still randomly start slogging balls for no reason? As captain, are we able to choose whether to enforce follow on? Or does it randomly pick an option everytime?

sytrics

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
So much for the complete fielding overhaul then. Two games in a row this has been the back of the box tagline. Incompetence or dishonesty. Take your pick.
I would say both to be honest. I’m loosing faith in BA’s capabilities to build a good playable cricket game. Perhaps they also realised this and hence they are focusing on such trivial licensing stuff which isn’t of much use. Unless you have all of these licensed players also available under International team it’s of no use. We will end up having custom version with playfaces and a licensed version in specific format. This makes it even more complicated.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
I've been playing for about an hour or two, checking out some of the things that have been frustrating me about C22 and just getting an overall feel for the game and like so many other people over here I feel the game in its current state is really disappointing. I was happy to see one of the many items on my wishlist being added to the game, the licensed pads/gloves. But we still have the exact same shoes and glasses as the previous iterations. Nothing has been added there. And whatever happened to body logos? Last appeared in C19. I see we have an option to choose umpires, because personally, I just can't stand playing a test match and seeing Mike and Ross as the umpires. But, choosing umpires doesn't work, because you get two random umpires anyways. The Stadium creator is exactly the same as C22. FFS!! How hard can it be to add some new scoreboards and GRASS EMBANKMENTS!? I still wanted to see if the end names actually works this time. If I'm not mistaken for all user created stadiums in C22 the commentary would default to the North end and the South end? Can anyone confirm this? Will check it tomorrow.

The commentary... sooo many lines just recycled from C22. Some new ones but too many old ones used again.

The sound of the bat hitting the ball... what sound is that?? That hollow sound will haunt my dreams tonight.

Flying stumps STILL in the game. How does a spinner send two stumps flying?? What sorcery is this?

Fielding... not impressive to be honest. Fielders chasing hard and then they just about stop dead in their tracks before they pick up the ball in slow motion. The great Geoff Boycott's mum could have fielded better, and she didn't have any arms. Wish he could do some commentary, on a side note.

And my other favorite... Man buns and ponytails in club cricket. And the very first bowler I see... man bun. Why? Just, why?

Speaking of club cricket and generated players... please please tell me from which website did BA find the South African names?? Good Lord, I have never ever in all my years living here, heard 90% of these names. I just want to be able to edit these poor schmucks so they can have semi decent names that I've actually heard of before.

The licensing... I find it to be a pain in the arse. I look at the works of art you legends have created in the academy and then I look at the NZ domestic kits and I think wtf are we supposed to do with those boring uniforms? Just a team logo on the generic kits. No sponsors, nothing. AND no option to add any of our own kits to any of the licensed teams. I don't play online, I only play career mode, so why is it impossible to give us an option to play offline and have the freedom to customize the licensed teams and players so we can actually have a decent time playing the game.

The only positive or two I've seen is a stumping on one of the YouTube video's and the fact that when I scroll through the bats at high speed the game doesn't freeze anymore. Other than that, I would seriously recommend you lads wait before spending your cash on this game. And if I hear the words "the game had so much potential" and "Big Ant is a small studio" I am gonna lose my mind. We've been seeing so much potential in BA's games for almost 10 years, and with all the feedback and ideas from our little community here alone, it could have been light-years ahead of where it is currently. And the small studio excuse isn't valid anymore when you charge AAA prices, sorry.

Come on Big Ant, you have an entire community wanting to support you and everyone here is looking for the smallest positive details to buy the game, stop stuffing around lads. You're better than that.

I'm off to bed lads. Sure I'll wake up yo another 20+ fresh pages when I get back. Hahaha

Also... I know this is my Little Timmy's list of issues. I know the gameplay issues are far more important, but I reckon a 100 pages of complaints about gameplay covered the major issues. I'm out...

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would say both to be honest. I’m loosing faith in BA’s capabilities to build a good playable cricket game. Perhaps they also realised this and hence they are focusing on such trivial licensing stuff which isn’t of much use. Unless you have all of these licensed players also available under International team it’s of no use. We will end up having custom version with playfaces and a licensed version in specific format. This makes it even more complicated.

How long can you focus on trivial things like licenses?

No one on this forum (only a small proportion of people admittedly) has been amazed by the licenses. Even then most of the faces are off barring the ones that were correct in the last version.

Everyone has complained about the gameplay! I would argue it has regressed.

How can a company put out a product that is clearly nowhere near an improvement on the last model? You delay the game for 6 months and still bring out this? What was the game like during the Ashes when you wanted to launch it?

Users who are viewing this thread