Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bought yesterday C24 on steam costing 2,999 INR i.e. 36 $ apprx
played a BBL men tournament, 1 match for half an hour on steam, mostly batting
Observations within this short period is -

fielding - they improved the speed & somewhat slowed down batsmen running speed (seemed to me i may be wrong ) & turning speed/animation , so it felt quick overall for fielding perspective, but main issue is when fielder runs & grab quickly but throws a little late, better than before but still late, they should quicken this, even if animation looks a little weird with more speed , also 2nd most imp change they should do is collecting the throw & dislodge the bells , it should be very quick enough so batsmen/user do no take impossible singles easily,

i batted mostly & tried to sneak close singles repeatedly & succeeded on 9 out of 10 times due to slow collect & throw at both fielding & at crease, one thing noticed that every time fielder tried to direct hit from sides where one stump is visible he missed , one & only time i got run out was on short third man & all 3 stumps were visible

also noticed the grounds seems bigger & hitting with "OK" timing doesn't go to boundary so it felt a little good that i've to take runs , also playing spinners is now a little easy, didn't get a single edge on medium batting difficulty, which is good , will try some custom slider difficulty later & check

graphics , shot animations , smoothness are better & game feels different than C22 while playing

Gilly is good addition in commentary , seems fresh voice, & also heard some different & new lines, some old lines also modified., less wrong commentary than before,

In India they priced 3000 INR(36 $ approx. i guess ) for steam version against PS5 version costing 4300 INR approx. , still not very cheap but as someone (I think wasteyourrouth mentioned) some PS5 titles are costlier even with 50% discount than this, but still very costly in terms of improvement.

My short term experience is OK for now, but they should really iron out some small bugs & put some improvement in fielding licensed player mismatch things,

also noticed, licensed IPL showing only 8 teams , they should at least add two custom teams in it, didn't dive further , maybe changeable.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
So, I’ve bowled 10 overs in an Ashes Match as England on a soft pitch, and 6 overs in a play now test match as West Indies on a hard pitch. Not a lot to go on, but here are some observations.

I’ll also caveat by saying I didn’t play c22 anywhere near as much as I did c19, and haven’t played it recently so I’m not gonna be the best judge of “newness”. OP spinners are my only gripe with c22 - otherwise I think it’s great.

This is ps5 play, on todays build.

Pros -
fielding is definitely smoother. I’m not saying it justifies the “complete rewrite / overhaul” claim, buts it’s better. Aside of course from the bowler fielding defensives on to the pitch or just off.
Noticeable difference in carry between the soft and hard pitches. I’d say only the only exception to this was the spongy action of Roach was too low for a fast bowler on a hard pitch.
If you select the day 2 pitch on the pitch age in set up, there’s noticeable wear. Whether that would appear and stay during a play through from day 1 age, who knows. Also can’t tell yet if it would affect gameplay, of course.

Cons
No sign of cloud or variation in the sky. Manchester spring looked like a London summer. We can’t select cloudy weather. Can’t select rain beyond “none”, “reduced” or “default” which is none anyway.
Pitches are so poor and boring graphically. No change there.
MattWs audio improvements are in the game just as much as Ross’s trailed legacy mode in DBC14, or scenario mode after a couple of patches in c19 - not there.
Commentary is a joke. “Got it full, lucky not to concede a boundary” in first over of a test. Get in the bin.

Will play more later and possibly stream some.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I bought the game yesterday out of pure excitement of a new game being out annd just focussing on the positives and playing it for couple of hours with my brother but the more I think about it the main 3 selling points. Fielding, career and licensing none have been improved the career mode not touched at all and licensing an absolute disaster in terms of what I want from the game.

Batting does feel better but it’s not enough to justify £50 plus the crowd really really annoys me makes the games feel dead.

Going to have a full day with it today and decide if I think it can improve with 50 patches or just get a refund.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
So, I’ve bowled 10 overs in an Ashes Match as England on a soft pitch, and 6 overs in a play now test match as West Indies on a hard pitch. Not a lot to go on, but here are some observations.

I’ll also caveat by saying I didn’t play c22 anywhere near as much as I did c19, and haven’t played it recently so I’m not gonna be the best judge of “newness”. OP spinners are my only gripe with c22 - otherwise I think it’s great.

Pros -
fielding is definitely smoother. I’m not saying it justifies the “complete rewrite / overhaul” claim, buts it’s better. Aside of course from the bowler fielding defensives on to the pitch or just off.
Noticeable difference in carry between the soft and hard pitches. I’d say only the only exception to this was the spongy action of Roach was too low for a fast bowler on a hard pitch.
If you select the day 2 pitch on the pitch age in set up, there’s noticeable wear. Whether that would appear and stay during a play through from day 1 age, who knows. Also can’t tell yet if it would affect gameplay, of course.

Cons
No sign of cloud or variation in the sky. Manchester spring looked like a London summer. We can’t select cloudy weather. Can’t select rain beyond “none”, “reduced” or “default” which is none anyway.
MattWs audio improvements are in the game just as much as Ross’s trailed legacy mode in DBC14, or scenario mode after a couple of patches in c19 - not there.
Commentary is a joke. “Got it full, lucky not to concede a boundary” in first over of a test. Get in the bin.

Nice little review,

How do you find spinners in tests? Are they still OP?

avis5256

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Im struggling with the new shot animations, how every shot has a full batswing that goes over the shoulders. I miss playing a classic cover drive, straight drive or pull that makes u feel incredibly good. Defence does look good
Try to play in nets against spin. As for pace it is style 6 with fuzzy timing

Mr Snrub

International Coach

Pros -

Cons

I generally look out for your opinion blocker, so I'm just wondering if you feel that as a starting point is it a worthwhile game to buy, given there's probably a chance that Big Ant will probably over the course of patches make it about 5% better overall? (Meaning they'll probably improve it more than that, but then ruin some of it with subsequent patches and it'll go forward and backwards for a while).

Users who are viewing this thread