Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I remember the beta discussions we had on Ashes 17 regarding the postion of second slip and gully and where they should be. Photo's, graphs, builds and builds of different positions to test them out: thats the kind of micro testing there was to try and capture the nuances of cricket. Now it's more like....er they are scoring four byes off every ball....did no one notice that in testing? ......what the serious feck is going on.

Keepers sliding through stumps and players, bowlers sliding on the pitch (the holiest of holiest in cricket: don't even THINK of walking on the pitch!) but here we completely defy every known law of the universe and just slide all over it like its a fecking waterslide at your local pool.

One day I hope and I wish that the higher powers realise that the key for these kind of games is the bloody gameplay.

All the gimmicks just mean nothing when the gameplay falls short or doesn't progress.

I'm certain the AI ability to react to user batting hasn't changed for 3 games

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yup, that's reminiscent of Ashes 13 alright.

I am also baffled that at places the game looks (optically) incredibly good but in most places it is terribly cartoonish. The good graphics are mainly in the case of stadiums and grounds from Australia and England. I have also seen a guy play the game on a plane/patternless grass. Although there is a significant improvement in patternless field graphics from the previous iteration there are, however, problems with graphics rendering. The lower half of the ground had beautifully rendered grass and other up half looked like astroturf. He is still playing it live so if anyone wants to check it out.

I think he is playing on PS5, so the rendering shouldn't be the problem with the console but the game itself?
what camera setting he is using ?

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Ross was the man with all the patch and update info in C22 then I think someone had a word and handed it all over to BA official twitter account (only social they have) and they carried it on. There’s been absolutely nothing so far about any patches or updates or bug fixes just the “PSL” faces are being done in December crowd pleaser

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Who else think that they should start from scratch the new cricket game? This game is too buggy now and they are unable to resolve those bugs since Ashes 17 , it’s high time they start fresh and have a cautious approach to not code badly so as to avoid bugs, also should hire new programmers with fresh perspective , they can still use the old batting and bowling animations but just rewrite the damm code from the beginning

They can’t even get the sound and commentary right , AI approach is a far cry , the engine has become too buggy now and fixing one thing breaks other , only a fresh code can solve this

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Who else think that they should start from scratch the new cricket game? This game is too buggy now and they are unable to resolve those bugs since Ashes 17 , it’s high time they start fresh and have a cautious approach to not code badly so as to avoid bugs, also should hire new programmers with fresh perspective , they can still use the old batting and bowling animations but just rewrite the damm code from the beginning
Ppl have been saying it for years they have reached the capacity of what they can do to take the game forward that’s why when 2 bugs get fixed 2 more appear and round and round in circles we go

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Or may be there are not skilled enough seeing AFL 23 fate, I hope some other developer enter in to the market and give them competition
Post automatically merged:

One thing is for sure they are definitely hard workers but may be not skilled enough to produce a big free feature full cricket game or any sports game.

They did rewritten the whole fielding code for C24 and it is still not perfect may be they are not skilled enough or the engine is just become too buggy to cater any more changes

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Now chatgpt is here they can use it to help them programming a new code alongside they can use unreal engine 5 , that will solve most problems.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
gun-shoot-me.gif

Users who are viewing this thread