Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
How do you feel it holds up compared to the modern titles?
Post automatically merged:
You are going to have to make some compromises no doubt in terms of visuals although it looks less cartoony than later titles in my opinion. Grass and pitch miles ahead of the dead back of playing card mess we have now. The sound is superb. Absolutely nailed it there and the customization depth is excellent in terms of players and competition designs and such things. Playing a little club cricket game at the Bradman Oval is great, really nice way to get a cricket gaming fix.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
You are going to have to make some compromises no doubt in terms of visuals although it looks less cartoony than later titles in my opinion. Grass and pitch miles ahead of the dead back of playing card mess we have now. The sound is superb. Absolutely nailed it there and the customization depth is excellent in terms of players and competition designs and such things. Playing a little club cricket game at the Bradman Oval is great, really nice way to get a cricket gaming fix.

If i remember correctly.. still didn't get the ball on bat sound did they? I have never thought any game has.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
Personally I think its better than it has been after: it sounds like something with weight and speed being met by a sturdy piece of wood rather than someone gently swishing my left bollock with a rather old stick of celery which we now have. (What I do on a Saturday night is my own business.)

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Don’t really mind the visual side of things… it’s the gameplay feeling dated that I worry about. The variations in the AI bowling, in the way it bats and responds to you… how scripted is the run-rate… things like that.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
Don’t really mind the visual side of things… it’s the gameplay feeling dated that I worry about. The variations in the AI bowling, in the way it bats and responds to you… how scripted is the run-rate… things like that.
Not wishing to hijack this thread away from its purpose to tell each other excitedly about our latest joy with Cricket 24.....oh wait.....

I think it has a solid gameplay. It has issues and it needs Francos tweak to make bowling interesting. Batting wise I really have to do my best and milestones are a joyous victory. It doesnt have the sliders of later games so you are stuck with some things. Spin is not overpowered and the pitch will do something.

joeb86

Club Captain
Reading all this makes me want to pick C22 up again!

Has anyone done the World Cup kits…?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I know it is very simplistic to state but I play sports games made by one bloke. Yes they are both tennis games which in a certain way might be considered easier. Graphically they are nothing to write home about but gameplay wise it is breathtakingly immersive. One bloke at home with a laptop. If he made a cricket game I guarentee you it would outclass anything we have seen up to now.
remember cricket heroes!?

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
remember cricket heroes!?

I really thought that would be the one. Is it too much from cricket fans to ask for one decent Football Manager/FIFA equivalent? No one is asking for the perfect game, just something you can immerse yourself in and developers that put in the effort and act like they care. I’m sure Oli is releasing the new Cricket Coach soon that will solve all our problems

Wealey

ICC Board Member
The frustrating bit is this or the last could be that game we want. It really could but the priorities are skewed.

I suppose they will do what is best for money.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I really thought that would be the one. Is it too much from cricket fans to ask for one decent Football Manager/FIFA equivalent? No one is asking for the perfect game, just something you can immerse yourself in and developers that put in the effort and act like they care. I’m sure Oli is releasing the new Cricket Coach soon that will solve all our problems

Something like OOTP for cricket would be utterly amazing.

pinku

Associate Captain
With much regret i have decided to sell my copy of Cricket 24. Won’t get the full
amount back but trade in prices are still good as the game is new. I tried my best, but i could
not justify the price i paid for a broken game. The fact that the improvements are so minimal from the last game was also a key factor. I appreciate the licensing in the game but even that is not fully done and will be fixed over the next few months. I also feel the 5 month delay was unnecessary because the game is the same now as it would have been then, They released it now to coincide with the world cup to
boost sales. The amount of bugs are unbelievable considering this game release every 2 years ( and the fact that it is pretty much a copy and paste! ) I may buy it again in a few months hoping the bugs will
be fixed and they will have the licenses they promised, the game will also cost half the price i paid now.

Users who are viewing this thread