Cricket 24 - General Discussion

graham

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Having bought all bigant versions (playstation) cricket games , this feels the Best …
Best collection of bugs from all versions..
Another 2 months wait for patching to have a decent game..
First time buyers would think they have been conned how could such a buggy game get released! Welcome to the cricket gaming world

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bugant Atleast fix the stamina and confidence system.It used to work in cricket 19.

Is the high confidence carrying over to the second innings of a test still present? It made most second innings batting efforts for me pointless.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That is C22 on xbox gamepass

IMG_0408.jpeg

niksopikso

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Two patches are already in. Still, the stadiums are empty, sound still sucks. Random whistles don't come under sound improvement. The crowd doesn't cheer the home side for runs(boundaries) or crucial moments and "The Pitch". How hard it can be to master these basics? I can't believe again and again that all these basics are continuing in each iteration and all we get is a new HUD. Wow. #Bugants #Crap24

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Two patches are already in. Still, the stadiums are empty, sound still sucks. Random whistles don't come under sound improvement. The crowd doesn't cheer the home side for runs(boundaries) or crucial moments and "The Pitch". How hard it can be to master these basics? I can't believe again and again that all these basics are continuing in each iteration and all we get is a new HUD. Wow. #Bugants #Crap24
You can report these issues in Big Ant Forum or Twitter and tag Ross he will look into this

niksopikso

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
You can report these issues in the Big Ant Forum or Twitter and tag Ross he will look into this
Whatever time I get during the day, I just come and rant here through one or two posts to loosen up the frustration I feel while playing this game. Reporting in forum, X etc. is too much effort. My newborn is not giving me much time. Their QA team should wake up now and figure these issues out. Not my job or any of ours. I can only show my disappointment or share my feedback, nothing more than that. TBH, I know where this game will be after a few months. Only cosmetic improvements and gameplay might be the same or worse with numerous patches. Same old story. It's just the passion for this sport that brings me here(PC), otherwise, I know the result. We might not see a cricket game we crave(Sophisticated AI and gameplay). Maybe, in the next 10-15 years, if any other studio decides to, but till that time would still be so passionate about cricket games, who knows?
P.S. - If I post on X then Ross will block me. I don't want him to feel that important or give him his blockasm for the day. :crylaugh:

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Can't believe they haven't fixed the spin issues. How on earth am I meant to do my career mode when my spinner won't spin! @MattW will there be a fix for this coming?
Career mode is the mode I play 99% of the time and it's so frustrating, but if we knew it was being looked at, and a timeframe for a fix was forthcoming, then I'm sure I & others would be more patient.
Don't Ask MattW for anything , They took away his laptop and mobile phone after the game release and now they just give him a tablet on which he can answer phone calls and only view planetcricket forum but the touch screen on that tablet is not working so he can't reply :(

ndschan

Club Captain
Went back to ashes cricket 17. It's the best of the lot. For me batting gameplay matters the most and it offers the best sim experience. From a loyal customer who has bought all big ant cricket titles, you lost a customer. I guess now the only option is to wait a month to see they if they fix things in cricket 24. Like many here bought it on the first day.Never again.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I seriously dont like the sounds of bating and wickts .. its too bad they need to change it

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Succumbed like everyone else and decided to buy the game. Only played half a t20 (batting) and 16 overs of a test (bowling) with my own custom sliders so here's my take on a small sample size. You could probably describe it as the good (batting), the bad (bowling) and the ugly (fielding). As a starting point I think the game looks great now graphically.

Long post incoming....

Batting:
Generally the batting seems pretty good. The animations seem smoother than 22 and shots come off the bat nicely even when not well-timed. Generally the ball goes in the direction you're aiming for too.

I found it a bit disappointing that a right-handed bowler (Bhuvi Kumar) was struggling for line against a leftie (Kishan) and kept giving me either wides or leg stump easy runs. It didn't seem as bad when it was a left handed bowler against a right handed batter for some reason but maybe that's just me.

I also like to ramp up the visual speed a bit (up to 80) to make me feel like I'm actually facing quick bowling and when it was 90mph+ I found sometimes the shot animations weren't responsive enough to actually hit the ball, particularly from short bowling.

All in all though a good experience and there's plenty there to be positive about.

Bowling:

Haven't bowled with spin as there seems no point at the moment.

Very little difference to 22 to be honest. Once again the batsmen have unrealistic judgement and are able to leave anything not hitting the stumps. Even if it's a 96mph out swinger just outside off they leave it without any problem. Only had one play and miss in 16 overs so far with seamers.

I bowled with both Broad and Anderson and both were hitting 90mph, this is really basic stuff.

I hit Warner in the side with Woakes and there was no animation at all or any indication he'd just been hit by an 87mph cricket ball, so exactly the same as 22.

Fielding:
Perhaps its been given some love in the latest patch (PS5) but whilst it was bad, it wasnt quite as bad as i was expecting. Obviously it still needs a lot of work though.

Already had 3 overthrows- I don't want to see them completely taken out as they're a part of the game IRL but not this frequent.

Depending on which end the fielder throws to the wicket-keeper/bowler should be waiting at the stumps ready to take the bails, not 4/5 yds away and especially not in the middle of the pitch.

I've had one occasion where the ball was in the outfield and nobody bothered to get it. I had to quit the game and go back into it again.

Sometimes the wrong fielder is running after the ball. I've had square cuts hit against me and short cover running after it while it races past a static fielder at point, who then decides to do some weird shuffle animation before running after it.

Had one incident where I tried to advance down the pitch against a spinner (is this even possible?) and the slow shot animation meant I missed the ball. The keeper took the ball but missed the stumps completely so I just stepped back in the crease. Again if this is an actual thing every now and again I'm very much for it but I doubt it is and it probably was just poor collision detection again.

Is it me or does the ball not slow down in the outfield sometimes?

Other observations:

I managed to download India, Sri Lanka and South Africa easily from the community with no issues so that's positive.

i tried to set up a World Cup based in India but each game defaults to the Great Barrier Reef ground and you cant change it. Similarly when setting up a t20 World Cup it seems you can only have it at Australian grounds.

The commentary is dire as per usual so I've switched it off but my stadium announcer is also quiet. I'm not sure if this is linked?

As for sound generally, there are steps in the right direction here but plenty of tweaking needed. Playing in India sounds much more authentic now but the sounds of the crowd when something happens needs to be looked at. They only react to a boundary when the ball actually hits/goes over the rope and you get absolutely no crowd reaction for a near miss or an appeal.

I've had rain in the test match for about 10 overs now and nothing has happened. So my guess would be BA have listened to calls for rain and weather in the game and literally just added spots of rain if you select spring in England like I have, without it impacting the game in any way whatsoever.

At lunch it 29.1 overs bowled for some reason.

The drinks break animation 1 over after lunch. Again not a huge thing but surely easily remedied.

There's probably a few other things, both good and bad that I've missed.
What platform you on mate ? Hoping by the review it hasn’t been patched yet ?

Users who are viewing this thread