Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
My refund was rejected so I wasn’t so lucky. I would have bought the game again no doubt anyway after several patches but the way it’s going it could be months away with Microsoft allowing patches. At the minute there are lots of people sat with a game you can’t play. It’s poor
Well I had to send Sony video proof that the game was broken, I am not sure how Microsoft works but I had the game for last then 2 weeks and I was just losing my patience with it. I will buy it again once they fix everything as we don't have another option for cricket games sadly.

Believe

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Nice to see there is some good progress being made. I am on Xbox (bugger..) but I am ok being patient, as long as the payout at the end is worth it. In hindsight, I do wish I hadn't bought the game so early, but hindsight is not a useful tool, so fearsome tweak it.

Enjoying seeing some of the videos of the new patch, bat-pads not being caught by short-leg on the off-side is nice. I also have to say that some of the graphics definitely look nicer (IMO).

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One funny thing I see (which is totally understandable and this is more of a lighthearted observation than a criticism) is that it's all like

1. Bowling is completely broken - the ball doesn't spin
2. Fielding is completely broken - fielders just spin in circles until they fall down instead of chasing the ball
3. Batting feels good, except if you use batting stance 9 all the players form a dance circle at silly point until the game crashes
4. Alick Athanaze is only wearing 1 CHAIN when he ALWAYS wears 2 CHAINS! PLEASE FIX IMMEDIATELY!!!
Just play the game with positive mindset man, don't focus on small things. Which platform you are playing on?

threetoed

School Cricketer
Just play the game with positive mindset man, don't focus on small things. Which platform you are playing on?

I think you misunderstood. I was pointing out that every place i see people talking about Cricket 24 (not just here), people start by basically saying the game cannot be played and then end with a very urgent appeal to fix some cosmetic flaw. Like the people who want BA to focus on the game play instead of licensing because graphics don't matter if the game isn't good, but always mention how annoying it is to see the stumps go flying. It's just funny how people value things differently - it's human nature.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
IIRC flying stumps were actually a popular request back in DBC14 because in earlier builds the stumps never went flying, even for the quicks.
I feel, the stumps flying or stumps getting disturbed or stumps staying firm (only bails falling down) - different types of stump movements, these has to be linked with the speed of the delivery and how much contact the ball made with the stumps. Then there will be some realism.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am finally starting to enjoy this game. Yes the spin is still not there as much to my liking ( I'm glad it is working for many of you guys but I just cant seem to get it to work), but overall much better positive vibes!

ps - I hvnt had any headless bugs or overthrows happening so I guess I got lucky with that.

shan111

Associate Captain
The blue-white transition screen has been quickened up. Small but significant improvement.
I also feel that the dismissals are more real in the sense that batsmen don't play outside the line by a huge margin to get bowled or lbw. Early days, let's see how it pans out in different settings.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Played career mode after the patch and my leg spinner isn't spinning the ball at all, even after ramping up the spin sliders. This is with a 48 overall rated player which might make a difference although I'm sure on C22 my career player span it from game 1. If its by design that the better my player gets the more he spins it then great but I doubt it.

This is on a dry hard pitch.

On the plus side I took a lovely caught and bowled from a leading edge which is a first.
You should check spinning rating of your player...

Users who are viewing this thread