Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Good to see that they've added some 'visual weight' to the players. So they are all not those Avatar tribes anymore. The tall and lean Rohit Sharma has been replaced with .... well.... Rohit Sharma.

Still the portion below torso looks like a one big block with no shape whatsoever. To that effect, the player models still need more attention and improvement.

Finally, apart from player models, I'd like them to focus on more variety of shots based on the timing and placement and ball connection. When I try and miss a pull, it always looks like a failed flick shot. Hope they address this. And of course the few remaining silly bugs.

Bit of an uphill struggle (Me England of course)

Ist slip catch, LBW and 3rd slip catch. Very nice.

On this green surface the ball really jumps at you.

Desktop Screenshot 2023.11.01 - 10.54.59.34.pngDesktop Screenshot 2023.11.01 - 10.55.09.64.png

Hmmm.....I'm probably going to buy this game after these latest Xbox patches. I'm just wondering about a couple of things related to the academy and AI v spin.

1) I tend to just play tests and as SA. If I download an SA team, will it come with the bat logos like in C22 or will I have to go to each player and add a custom bat? And I guess I'll have to do the same with India, Sri Lanka and the other non-licensed teams?

2) are the custom stadiums from C22 still fine to be downloaded? I'll want the main SA ones (still no Newlands mountains though, I guess)

3) I see some people saying the AI play spin better now after this latest patch, but nothing was in the patch notes. Is it placebo?

Is it me or the pitches behave differently?

Not sure yet. I have only played on green medium. What have you noticed? I still got a 5 for on a green top with Lyon, but he did go for 50 and they could actually hit the ball. Agar 1-30

Waiting for the game to be playable and then i'll purchase.

I wanted to ask 1 thing to people who have bough the game,

in C22, while in career mode, while batting, If I take a single and the game is set to auto simulate for my stike, I rarely get to bat in the same over. The opposite batsman would play the rest of the over. Is it present even now?

Is cricket 24 better than cricket 22 now? And also suggest whether cricket 24 is worth buying after latest patch.

Is cricket 24 better than cricket 22 now? And also suggest whether cricket 24 is worth buying after latest patch.

I'd say yes. If you restart the game after every runout. That is the one major gamebreaking thing left in my opinion.

Just started a test on Xbox after latest update feels really really good only batting at minute one thing I’ve notice though is the player reaction to an lbw has come back where they do the “oh no I’m out” animation before umpire has given decision

EDIT : tried it 5 times and they did the animation twice so not too bad, be good if it goes completely though

So, apparently Liam Livingstone in game is classed as an off-spinner, but his bowling style is the Wrist-Spin Style 1, because he bowls off spin and leg spin in real life. It's these little things I appreciate Big Ant for implementing. On another note, T Natarajan is classed as a medium bowler which bothers me because he's a medium fast bowler in real life.

People are very quick to criticize but not so fast to admit something that is very clear. Without any doubt cricket 24 is the best ever cricket game. With the last patch BA have really taken the game to a new level. And face it, if you are still unhappy, you are just a unhappy person in general

People are very quick to criticize but not so fast to admit something that is very clear. Without any doubt cricket 24 is the best ever cricket game. With the last patch BA have really taken the game to a new level. And face it, if you are still unhappy, you are just a unhappy person in general
I agree. Sat playing it now and really impressed with it. No more silly runs because the fielders take 5 seconds to pick the ball up feels much harder and more realistic I’m loving it well worth the wait

Really, C24 is a cricket sandbox and your game experience depends on which part of the sandbox you most want to play in and how you want to play there.

I'd say yes. If you restart the game after every runout. That is the one major gamebreaking thing left in my opinion.
I suppose from BAs perspective changing the trajectory of the throw in to the keeper and the speed of the keeper is one thing, but actually altering the AI sense of the batsmen about when 1 run is on or when they could make a 2nd run etc is more difficult.

Ideally we want to still see run outs, either from throws from the deep outfield or close by, and either direct hits or the keeper/fielder whipping the bails. What we don't want to see is this happening all the time, it cheapens a wicket as the user has had to do nothing to earn it (if you're like me and have automated fielding on). I have no stats to hand but I'd say you might get 1 or 2 a game in general in white ball cricket and 1 every few games in red ball.

What frustrates me and others I'm sure is that with BA it always seems like it's black or white. You either have no spin or Murali-like turn, you either get slow fielding or rapid fielding, you either get AI unable to get the ball off the square or smashing 6s every ball to chase down unimaginable totals. And so on.

It would be nice every now and then for something to happen in the grey area in-between. So the throw comes in to the keeper who then fumbles. Or the throw is a bit high or too wide for the keeper to collect properly. I've noticed we no longer have fielders diving but not stopping the ball anymore like in C22. The animation was awful granted but now in typical BA style they dive for (and stop) everything near them.

Users who are viewing this thread