Cricket 24 - General Discussion

F14 Tomcats

School Cricketer
I didn't even realise that the game needed to be always online to be played until now. Btw, if you have multiple accounts (PS5) switching between them runs the game. I was able to get into a match, but when I exited from the said match the game logged out and wouldn't login again. Same error message.

So we cannot play the game if the servers are down even though we are not playing online? Can BA not fix this where they allow to atleast let us play locally?
On cricket 22 and previous releases you could just turn off your network connection and just load the game up and it worked fine , actually how I usually played it. Heard a few things about this been not possible this year actually messaged big ant to clarify it but no reply. Absolute deal breaker for me and no purchase until this is clarified. So maybe try and just turn off your network in your console settings and see if it loads up , and able to play career etc .

Last edited:

TommoN

Club Captain
What’s the best way to download teams in your opinion?

Not sure whether I should just download them without skills or not

threetoed

School Cricketer
I am not sure that is the case. It couldnt have been avoided in my opinion. It is part of their ethos it seems: lets see how much we can get away with. If they released in three weeks it would be the same mess it was. The fact that there was so much negativity and input from people with knowledge of what is letting the game down has forced them to get there finger out and improve things.

I don't think we should underestimate the input the beta testers post release are having on the improvements to the game. They are on loop in their ears telling them what needs to happen to make the game better.

Its like a lazy cook: all the ingredients are there but couldn't be arsed so half baked the cake. Now the people who are eating the cake are telling them: back in the kitchen and bake the effing thing properly!

Something like that.:rolleyes:rolleyes

I will add that I do think there are some passionate and caring developers involved with the game, probably the vast majority. I know @MattW is genuinly passionate about getting the dream cricket game. But there are constraints from a higher level that are in my opinion counterproductive to the creative process. I know nothing about this of course and it is based on nothing than my own flawed perspective but that is the way it seems to me after watching from afar and being involved in beta processes right up to Cricket 22 which I left because of the way things were being done and especially the way that developers would get angry because you pointed out faults in their work. I called out right at the beginning of Cricket 22 that it was basically a copy paste job. Remember then that the big selling point was the overhauled fielding. Sound familiar?

Also, the 3rd quarter for NACON started 1 October, so having Cricket 24 out early in the quarter will help boost sales numbers (which are down overall from last year).

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I was just about to change my negative review to positive too! Now I can't get into the game. So that can wait. Paid money for every iteration and get taken for a pirate with this always online stuff. Never a fan of being treated like this.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Indeed I logged on before the server was down and played on and on and on, so its not like the server is a requirement to actually play the game......

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I’m surprised that this hasn’t been a bigger issue in the past especially with how touchy gamers are about DRM and online requirements.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
3:20 in Melbourne, so I guess we have to wait for someone to wake up and turn the server on and off again.
How could server can down ---- Have they not done the payment to the owner or are they pay their electricity bill timely

Users who are viewing this thread