Cricket 24 - General Discussion

shan111

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can someone please check and confirm if the spin amount has been reduced again? I played couple of games after the new roll-back patch and it seems the spinners are getting a lot less turn compared to what we had recently.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So run outs r back after the roll back.
They said still working on it so yea, expected. Hopefully will fix it by next Tuesday

PS: hopefully the animation and better throw from the fielders that was there after yesterday's patch will be brought back
View attachment 286523
Atleast WK is active or numb like freely not bothering to catch the ball when the ball reach boundary as byes.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks mate you’ll know by the Aussie batters almost everything is 99 rating judgement etc
Yes, it is the same. But you can manually tweak them. But yea it is 99 for all by default

Nard2020

Club Captain
What is going on over on Twitter with Ross arguing with a Cricket account about private messages and warnings?!? Does anyone know the backstory?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Whilst I do some work from home I have the game running AI v AI. My custom side on a tour of England 3 tests and a Tri 20/20 series v India and 50 over v Aus.

1st Test at Lords - Green top. England win toss and ask me my side to bat. All out for 98 in 45 overs, I watched parts of the game and checked the highlights. The bowlers had plans to every batsman like strangle them outside off or the leg side short trap etc. Highest score was 20 then 14,14 and 11.

Anderson 4-19
Broad 2-16
Wood 3-17
Archer 1-11
Stokes 0/11
Ali 1/14

Englands turn to bat and Crawley snicked off the third slip on the 5th ball out for 2. Duckett is 0 from 6 balls and Root is 11 from 15. The ball is doing a bit on this pitch and runs are hard to come by.

I will keep updated as the game progressors but so far its been good to see a game dominated by ball in this way and not like previous games where the lower order can put on 100 with ease.

I do a lot of AI vs AI because I like to leave it on and glance at it while I work.

I have been reliably informed that the output for AI vs AI has nothing to do with what you see when you play the game. After all the game was designed to be played.

However I see all the same issues. The OP spinners, the constant runouts, the lack of mentalities mattering, in AI vs AI as I do when I bowl. Maybe mentalities make them play more shots. But Ben Stokes has a higher strike rate than Alistair Cook IRL. Both high quality left handers. That should be in the game.

I havent played enough with this build. Just a few overs. So cant really judge.

What difficulty level do you AI vs AI at? Ive found hardest with no slider alterations gives them at least the ability to get to 50. Before the spinners come on and they run themselves out of course.

The fact we are scrambling around ten years after they first made a cricket game, just to get the basics right like running singles gives me absolutely no hope about anything with it. If it comes right I feel it would be more due to coincidence.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Yep ive had three wickets now, all run outs.

Its the absolute inability to get even the basics nailed down.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Seven wickets in a row. All run outs.

And that will be enough Cricket 24 for a little while.

Or is there a way to roll back to a previous build on C24? Or even the original first release build? This game has been nuked. Nine runouts now in a row.

Last edited:

dawg456

Club Cricketer
What is going on over on Twitter with Ross arguing with a Cricket account about private messages and warnings?!? Does anyone know the backstory?
The guy basically posted a YouTube video of someone criticsing the new patch. That pissed ross off. Basically dm'd the guy a threatened him to delete it or "get blocked"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231111_003709_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20231111_003709_X.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 46

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
He has been giving out copyright strikes to people who are posting clips of bugs on twitter.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
He has been giving out copyright strikes to people who are posting clips of bugs on twitter.
That is tweaked up. That is not growth mindset, that is old school fixed mindset where everything about BA and him is all good.

Users who are viewing this thread