Cricket 24 - General Discussion

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Makes you wonder what crazy pills the Community Embarrassment accounts are taking. You get the sense guys like Matt/JNT want the best for the game but are hamstrung by the ego of a colossal dickweed of a CEO and a publisher who don't give two shits about the product their studios actually release.

I'd love to see a full BTS documentary on how BAS develop their games and the post release support they give. Mostly just to see if staff are happy with the unfinished messes they churn out and how robust their QA isn't.
You don’t need a documentary, we are witnessing them try to develop a game right now

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Absolute cheating lazy garbage thats what that is. And they know it. And dont do anything about it. For at least two iterations of this game.
Yeah, ive had to shelve this game now. Its getting worse by the patch, which is some achievement.

Hoping this Gods Of Cricket is half decent, because as cricket gaming fans, we are getting royally shafted by BA at the moment,.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Let me fire up Stick Cricket Super League. More realistic fielding than C24 :laughter:

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
It shows you how overextended as a studio / arrogant as a company (delete as appropriate) BA are, by building onto the chassis of C19/22, warts and all, without directly addressing the shortcomings which held those games back. Of course we're still in the cycle of fixing one thing/breaking another, underneath the hood a lot of it is still probably C19. As for patching being a risk/reward - reduce the risk by patching less frequently and testing the bloomin' patch thoroughly first.

I've been having a pretty good time on the 1883 patch on PS5, I'm gutted to move onto the new one, one step forward two steps back.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Absolute cheating lazy garbage thats what that is. And they know it. And dont do anything about it. For at least two iterations of this game.
it exposes such a crazy level of pre-determined scripting that you'd think they'd be desperate to hide. that wicket was going to happen before the ball had even bounced!

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Holy shit they've actually completely broken the game haven't they? Nobody covers the keeper's end stumps, sidestepping still in the game, direct hit throws still go backwards, pointless sliding is even worse.

I guess this is the overhauled fielding. They're now tweaking drunk

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Holy shit they've actually completely broken the game haven't they? Nobody covers the keeper's end stumps, sidestepping still in the game, direct hit throws still go backwards, pointless sliding is even worse.

I guess this is the overhauled fielding. They're now tweaking drunk
From what I played yesterday I found

Keepers are all over the shop and don’t recognise some throws at them from fielders
keepers throw back ti bowler who then just casually throws the ball at stumps, happens 3/4 times an over
AI constantly looking for glance down leg no matter where you bowl
crowd cheers every shot no matter what it is in test match like there’s just been a 4 or a 6
players jerkiness is all over the shop look like robots walking one way then turning sharply to walk another way looks so bizarre
run outs are still there I had 5 in an innings

There’s more im sure but that’s what stands out.

F14 Tomcats

School Cricketer
Almost sounds like c22 fielding was actually better. Don't remember the sliding on pitch, sidestepping nonsense,100 per cent stop success when diving for ball in outfield. Scary to think it may have actually regressed.....

shan111

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
First it was load a save when AI runs themselves out. Now, load a save when the WK comes forward and take catches right off the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread