Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well it is much better than the previous patch. Still get fielders that let the ball run to the boundary while they just stand there and watch.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Well it is much better than the previous patch. Still get fielders that let the ball run to the boundary while they just stand there and watch.
We're really starting from a low base here aren't we when after a gazillion patches stuff like this is still in there.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
It's rare. It's a solid patch.

People do forget there's crap in every game. Fifa had an issue couple weeks back where the player could pick the ball up and run it into the goal.
True, but I'm sure that once they fix it it stays fixed. If BA were doing it they'd fix it but corners and throw ins would be taken out.

I'm praying to the gaming gods that this latest patch gets us back on track but in reality it's probably not moving us further forward, more back to where we were a week or so ago.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
True, but I'm sure that once they fix it it stays fixed. If BA were doing it they'd fix it but corners and throw ins would be taken out.

I'm praying to the gaming gods that this latest patch gets us back on track but in reality it's probably not moving us further forward, more back to where we were a week or so ago.

Oh for sure. I'm first to critique. But if there's positives. I'd rather focus on them.

It will never be perfect. Far from.

I bowled 200 overs other day. And apart from 3 instances it was solid cricket.

shan111

Associate Captain
Patch seems promising. The bowling feels more rewarding as in increase in frequency of close calls and wickets if you bowl tightly. Fielding is much improved although there are occasions when the fielder didn't move or started to move after the ball passed them. So fine tuning is required.
But the close-in catchers still catching the ball when AI plays pull shot to a spinner and sometimes WK is still rushing forward and catching ball right off the bat.
Overall a good step forward but more fine tuning of fielder reactions is needed.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
It's rare. It's a solid patch.

People do forget there's crap in every game. Fifa had an issue couple weeks back where the player could pick the ball up and run it into the goal.
I'll give it a go in that case as I trust your opinion on it.

Major changes you like without regurgitation of the patch notes?

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Patch seems promising. The bowling feels more rewarding as in increase in frequency of close calls and wickets if you bowl tightly. Fielding is much improved although there are occasions when the fielder didn't move or started to move after the ball passed them. So fine tuning is required.
But the close-in catchers still catching the ball when AI plays pull shot to a spinner and sometimes WK is still rushing forward and catching ball right off the bat.
Overall a good step forward but more fine tuning of fielder reactions is needed.
Good to hear.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
RossSymons
3h

Added Broadcast Dynamic camera
A new Broadcast camera has been added. Modeled on typical TV broadcast cameras, this camera can be selected from the ‘Camera Preset’ options menu. As the camera was created as a complete set to provide a complete broadcast experience, it cannot be used in combination with the existing camera options.
Added Batting and Bowling Accessibility Options
New accessibility options have been added, with options to change elements of the controls that required holding a button while moving a stick to be done sequentially instead. This allows you to put a directional input or delivery selection in first, before needing to time a release or shot.
Added TNF brand bats
The King 2.0, Ace Royal, White Crown and Black Edition bats from TNF have been added.
Updated Player Data and Visuals
Improvements to visuals of around 30 players, mostly for England, including correcting hair and eye colours, adjusting head shapes of photogrammetry players, as well as changes for players who did not receive photogrammetry. Data updates including to squads including the Super Smash and a number of national teams, and correcting some shirt numbers and equipment assignments.
Improved fielding
Work to make fielding a better experience continues with this update, including reworking wicketkeeper decision making, tuning throw decision making to select the correct end to aim at and adjusting how close in fielders react.
Improved AI running decisions
A number of issues were identified with when the AI controlled batters would decide to attempt a run, this has been reworked to reduce the occurances of bad run/cancel decisions.
Improved batting animation
A number of batting animations have been adjusted, reducing sliding and adjusting the bat angles on some shots. The more significant improvements focus on Straight Drives and defensive shots.
Improved AI bowling approach
The AI fieldsets and bowling approaches have been adjusted to better bowl to fields and pick appropriate ones, meaning the AI should be more of a challenge, and less able to keep spamming shots into the same gap without response when on higher difficulties.
Improved UI
A number of adjustments were made to improve places where text was hard to read, as well as cleaning up a case where custom logos would cause overlapping issues. In addition the main menu background now animates, rather than the still version that was previously used.
Corrected difficulty setting in online custom matches
An issue with how the difficulty was being set when creating custom matches online, resulting in timing windows not reflecting the chosen difficulty.
Corrected scoring error
An error in counting completed runs would rarely occur after runs were cancelled, leading to some 3s being recorded as 2s.
Balanced Simulation
Some adjustments have been made to the simulation, particularly for T20 matches to adjust for matches being to skewed towards the team that batted first as well as generally being too high.
Stability Improvements
A number of crashes that users were experiencing have been resolved, the most prevalant was an issue during nets training, a rare crash after hitting a six in a test match and other minor issues.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Don’t use short leg with spinners. They take unrealistic catches. Legside catches way too OP. Think it could easily be patched though..

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Some new scores and scenarios with new T20 simulation which was absent before.View attachment 287084

This is actually encouraging, did you play around with the sliders to get it? I could get similar scores previously but teams would either lose only one wicket or five to end up here with one batter or two paying homages to Gavaskar. This is a lot more realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread