Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Just play 5 t20s with 4 spin bowling attack and on spinning pitch , if the spinners destroy the team in 4 matches out of 5 then we can say it is still broken.
T20s are not my cup of tea and I play mostly ODIs and Tests. I am fine if AI gets smashed on spinning tracks as it is supposed to aid spinners. My biggest gripe in this game was the fact that AI always played spin like they're batting on a day 5 mine field and I just need to put spinners on to run riot through AI's lineup. So, as long as on Standard, Hard or Green pitches AI is playing spin as it should be without collapsing in a heap, I'll take that as a fix.

Do you think there will be an updated play face as Australian summer starts in nov with Ind and Pak touring?

Man really? That sucks to hear, I really enjoyed the other games...what is the issue with this one?
Catching mini game is excellent feature of BA cricket games and they have removed it from game for Slip and WK catches now after recent patches. Now we don't have to have skill and thrill to catch the ball. But they have kept run out mini game ( which is most time waste and useless feature)

Man really? That sucks to hear, I really enjoyed the other games...what is the issue with this one?
- Academy is broken: when you download teams, they are usually missing players.
- Spin is overpowered: batting against spin (especially on pro controls) is quite inconsistent due to broken timing window, especially on an arm ball. Spinners tend to always pickup wickets, while pacers are hit all over the park.
- Fielding is completely broken. Fielders sometime don't even attempt to catch the ball and let it bounce before grabbing it. Boundary fielders tend to run towards the pitch instead of running towards the ball and end up letting it go to the boundary.

These are a few that I am recalling on top of my head right now. I am pretty sure I am forgetting a few others that are game-breaking.

And importantly weather is broken, it's always super sunny in English grounds irrespective of the settings we choose - no overcast weather at all. Cricket 19 and 22 is better. BA shouldn't have listened and implemented the cosmetic things like fire crackers, players hugging before entering into ground, these things unnecessary. Catching mini game is broken sadly and they are unable to fix it now for slip and WK catches. Gameplay is king for any sports game.

And importantly weather is broken, it's always super sunny in English grounds irrespective of the settings we choose - no overcast weather at all. Cricket 19 and 22 is better. BA shouldn't have listened and implemented the cosmetic things like fire crackers, players hugging before entering into ground, these things unnecessary. Catching mini game is broken sadly and they are unable to fix it now for slip and WK catches. Gameplay is king for any sports game.
I replayed DBC 14 a few months ago and the gameplay seemed so much more polished than C24.

@JNT BA Turban has many options for color.. the same should be implemented for hat, like I said before in Test matches players wear white hat and not the hat which has a color of the team cap.. Kindly get options for hat as well
IMG_20240926_134755.jpg

@JNT BA Turban has many options for color.. the same should be implemented for hat, like I said before in Test matches players wear white hat and not the hat which has a color of the team cap.. Kindly get options for hat as well
View attachment 298739
Nothing will be done from their side tbh. Wait but they will add cosmetic things like fire crackers, players hugging and celebrations. Overcast weather is gone with patches. And not even trying to implement it

Picked the game back up and was happy to see that the AI is much better at playing spin. Only problem is that on hard pitches I can't seem to find a length outside of yorkers that forces the AI to play on the front foot. Even when bowling full (triangle) length they are able to pull /defend off the back foot. It makes it a bit annoying but I think maybe I just have to play with physics sliders. Anyone else finding this?

We all knew it would be rubbish. Zero promotion or info before the game released.

It just reeked of a cash grab because of the World Cup. The same thing is happening to Rugby 25, it is nowhere near ready. They’ll try and rush it out for the Six Nations and it’ll be a mess.

T20s are not my cup of tea and I play mostly ODIs and Tests. I am fine if AI gets smashed on spinning tracks as it is supposed to aid spinners. My biggest gripe in this game was the fact that AI always played spin like they're batting on a day 5 mine field and I just need to put spinners on to run riot through AI's lineup. So, as long as on Standard, Hard or Green pitches AI is playing spin as it should be without collapsing in a heap, I'll take that as a fix.
Spinners still pick up wickets more than pacers but now they goes for runs as well , still need a slight nerf I guess

started playing with hard difficulty online with pro batting controls , any tips on how to judge the pace of the ball , any specific camera angle which can help or any other helpful tip? really having hard time picking up slower deliveries from pacers.

Spinners still pick up wickets more than pacers but now they goes for runs as well , still need a slight nerf I guess
Are you playing with default spin physics values? If yes then reduce Drift and spin value to 24 with rest of the values at default. Might improve your experience.

Are you playing with default spin physics values? If yes then reduce Drift and spin value to 24 with rest of the values at default. Might improve your experience.
Will they pick equal wickets compare to pacers on these settings? I am more in to competitive online play in hard mode with pro controls these days , not sure if It will help my gameplay in online arena if i change any settings.

Users who are viewing this thread