Cricket Anecdotes

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
lol I read that Sachin is on 1/6 of *all* Indian TV commercials. Unbelievable! He may be the batsman of the 90s, and a national hero, but that is just insane!

well i differ on two counts here...
1) 1/6 of all TV commercials is a bit of an exaggeration...but yeah he does the most TV commercials and the impeccability of character he has shown over the years has made him a trusted brand ambassador...and in India cricket sells like nothing else...even if Brett lee comes here and says something abt Timex watches - their sales shoot up in two days time...

2) Sachin to me is the best post war batsman...but i understand nationalities and opinions do matter....

as gold said Cricket's a religion here and Sachin is God...

Briggsey

International Coach
During the England - West Indies game last year think it was at the oval or lords, Tino Best came into bat with the game going away from the West Indies. Ashley Giles was bowling and good ol Freddie Flintoff was standing at first slip. Now seen as the game was out of West Indies reach, Tino decided to go on the attack....all be it not too well. He took a huge swing at a Giles ball and missed it completely to which Flintoff was heard saying "Mind the windows Tino".

This obviously angered Tino who then a few balls later charged down the pitch in anger going for a huge six, but missed it completely and was out stumped. Freddie had a huge smile on his face as Tino truged off.

Great stuff!!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
How about the time Bucknor gave that horrible decision against an Indian which could be crucial......I forgot which one....there were too many....

Ok, enough kidding, I thin a few moments that i would remember in a few years would be Tendulkar scoring his 10000 run, or how Lara celebrated after breaking Hayden's record......of how Youhana was bowled at Mohali...can't forget that :D

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I remember when Zaheer Khan first arrived on the scene he was a tear-away fast bowler (Indian standards) who had a lethal yorker. Now he is an injury-prone medium pacer with a speciality for bowling wides and short balls. What happened to him? Remember the ICC champions trophy and his devastating yorkers? That was great stuff. I also remember a few of Yuvraj's catches at that tournament, at backward point, that were just brilliant. He almost brought up about a fielding revolution in India.

Briggsey

International Coach
I remember when Lara scored his 10,000th test run and then got out next ball! I was there and found it amusing!

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
A bit off-topic, but why is it that nobody seemed to have cared when Inzi scored his 10,000th run in ODIs, including himself. I mean its a great honor, especially when he's only the second batsman to do so (first being Sachin), and he didn't play regularly in the past few years, and he always batted in the middle-order.

I swear, Pakistanis suck at bragging, even when they earn that right, except of course Shoaib Akhter. :p

sachinisgod said:
well i differ on two counts here...
1) 1/6 of all TV commercials is a bit of an exaggeration...but yeah he does the most TV commercials and the impeccability of character he has shown over the years has made him a trusted brand ambassador...and in India cricket sells like nothing else...even if Brett lee comes here and says something abt Timex watches - their sales shoot up in two days time...

2) Sachin to me is the best post war batsman...but i understand nationalities and opinions do matter....

as gold said Cricket's a religion here and Sachin is God...
Even if Aamir Sohail says something good about Timex watches, their sales will shoot up. (I wonder if anybody remembers what I'm talking about)

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
this aint an anecdote...its an email forward sent to me by a pal...its not TRUE so don't start jumpin up and down, but its really FUNNY...

According to unconfirmed news reports, all the teams involved in the ICC playing against Australia, are asking Australia to sign a contract, whose details are listed below

CONTRACT ?

1. The fast bowlers in Australia will be divided in two groups ? Group 1: McGrath and Gillespie, Group 2: Kasprowicz and Brett Lee. Only 1 bowler can be chosen from each group. If third fast bowler is required, use Nathan Bracken.
2. Only 1 slip fielder will be allowed.
3. If Ricky Ponting scores a half century in a match, then Gilchrist?s innings should be declared and vice-versa.
4. The opening partnership should not exceed 50 runs. If it does, the following runs wont count till a batsman is out.
5. If the scoring rate goes above 6 per over, 1 bounce catch will be considered out.
6. Any batsman scoring 50 runs, will have to change his batting style. Eg. If Martyn scores 50, he will have to bat left-handed thereafter.
7. If any Australian batsman gets hit on the pad, he will be declared out LBW.
8. Shane Warne will not be allowed to bowl outside the Leg stump.
9. Only three fielders will be allowed behind square.

10. Micheal Clarke will be allowed to either bowl or bat in a match.

11. Only 9 fielders will be allowed on the field at a time.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
sachinisgod said:
this aint an anecdote...its an email forward sent to me by a pal...its not TRUE so don't start jumpin up and down, but its really FUNNY...

According to unconfirmed news reports, all the teams involved in the ICC playing against Australia, are asking Australia to sign a contract, whose details are listed below

CONTRACT ?

1. The fast bowlers in Australia will be divided in two groups ? Group 1: McGrath and Gillespie, Group 2: Kasprowicz and Brett Lee. Only 1 bowler can be chosen from each group. If third fast bowler is required, use Nathan Bracken.
2. Only 1 slip fielder will be allowed.
3. If Ricky Ponting scores a half century in a match, then Gilchrist?s innings should be declared and vice-versa.
4. The opening partnership should not exceed 50 runs. If it does, the following runs wont count till a batsman is out.
5. If the scoring rate goes above 6 per over, 1 bounce catch will be considered out.
6. Any batsman scoring 50 runs, will have to change his batting style. Eg. If Martyn scores 50, he will have to bat left-handed thereafter.
7. If any Australian batsman gets hit on the pad, he will be declared out LBW.
8. Shane Warne will not be allowed to bowl outside the Leg stump.
9. Only three fielders will be allowed behind square.

10. Micheal Clarke will be allowed to either bowl or bat in a match.

11. Only 9 fielders will be allowed on the field at a time.
Sounds fair to me.

voldemort

International Coach
andrew_nixon said:
Sounds fair to me.
now that's funnier. very funny but i partially agree with him. Plus to add to the list, only the middle stumps should be kept while Australia bowl.

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
How about the off-stump instead of the middle. Because the Australians are probably more likely to hit the middle-stump seeing their pinpoint accuracy. Oh wait...with one stump it won't really matter, would it?

Users who are viewing this thread