Cricket beginner

N

niharika

Hi,
I just bought Cricket 2004 and am having a tough time with the controls. Could someone explain to me how exactly to bat? I mean, there seem to be four buttons that are relevant:

S Key - Front foot shot/Start a delivery
W Key - Back foot shot/Start a delivery
D Key - Advance shot, Run/Start Delivery
A Key - Play no shot, duck/Start a delivery
Left Shift Key - Six Hit button

So how would i play.. say.. a square drive? Or an ondrive? Do i just press S when the ball is released and expect the batsman to make the choice? or should i press the arrow keys (like the older cricket games) to execute various shots? I have been able to hit one or two shots by pressing S and the right arrow key simulataneously -but rest of the times the lovely batsman just defends.
Can some one help a girl in trouble?
thanks
N
the indian stars in the game look terrible :(

E

electioneering

There was no need to mention that u were a girl,coz u wuld have received help anyway..

N

niharika

**laughing**
I didn't think that would be an issue. But now that you bring it up... there is little representation for girls in cricket forums that I have visited.

abu

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
lol.......yea..............

i think the moderators should pass a bill stating 33% of posts reserved for women.

no offence niharika...

abu

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i there.......

well its quite simple.....

if u wanna play a straight drive........

press the down arrow key and then press the frontfoot shot button according to the timing. timing the baal is very important.

u can use different arrow keys with frontfoot and backfoot shot buttons to play different types of shorts.

just spend some time in the practise nets and u''ll catch up really fast.

if u need any help just PM me.

S

sachin

whats it like living in the us?the reason i ask is because i seem to always be getting in fights with americans on the lotr forum.they all say it's the best country and how it stands up for everyone.they were saying that australia is selfish.look at america.sorry it's not related.whats cricket like over there?

P

pal

There is no cricket in the US. If you go and see the players in the local teams play, they almost play like school boys in India. I am deeply sorry and regret posting a reply with irrelevance to the topic asked. Please forgive me :) ^_^ :tease:

E

eddie27

i just received my game, the gameplay is great but the graphics arent flash

i can play all my shots fine but i am having trouble running, i know d is run but i cant abandon a run halfway

help wud b apprecated, pls

Z

zaibatsu

Originally posted by pal@Dec 23 2003, 01:26 AM
There is no cricket in the US. If you go and see the players in the local teams play, they almost play like school boys in India. I am deeply sorry and regret posting a reply with irrelevance to the topic asked. Please forgive me? :)? ^_^?? :tease:
over 350 district clubs and a national team recognised by the ICC constitutes none? :(

N

niharika

I am doing much better at the game now. thank you. I still don't get to hit sixes very much - most of my shots get me singles typically. Still finding it difficult to time.

America... hmm.. what can i say - its both great and not. There are aspects of it that truly make the country great - there are aspects that make every sane person wish they could escape. But then, I think true greatness is in being able to recognize the problems and work towards fixing it - and for the first time in ages I am seeing a lot of people slowly coming to that. So, I think right now america is a good country - working towards greatness - we have to wait and see if it makes it.

Users who are viewing this thread