Your Cricket Cricket Club Discussion

Good to see cricket progressing in America.

Hoping to play next season as i haven't played cricket since 2003 due to ill health.

Cricket was already in progress in America since 1950s and It keeps going.America has more cricket players then two test playing nations Zimbabwe,Bangladesh,more then 30 leagues 300 International cricket players participating In these leagues,

One which I know Of playing in My league is Malcolm Nash The guy who was hit 6 sixes of an over by Sobers,and another one is Everton Matmbando a Zimbabwe player and more off them playing in different leagues,

So dont think that Cricket is a joke in usa because If The Administrators take it seriousely and make a team by searching players from the league we probably beat Zimbabwe bangladesh hands down even compete againts west Indies etc etc.

fardin said:
Cricket was already in progress in America since 1950s
In the 50s it was almost dead. The peak for cricket in the USA was before the first World War, when US sides were capable of beating Australia.

I am part of the United States Cricket Academy, which is a fairly okay club in Old Bridge, New Jersey. Last year I was in the youth development stage of the Academy, and this year I got selected into the senior squad( the ones who play matches in the Cricket League of New Jersey). I'm a fairly good batsman so thats why they selected me. My first match of the season was yesterday, but due to having no transportation to the ground, and the ground being 35 miles from my house, I wasn't able to play that match :(

We just beated San Jose Panthers (Sunday, June 19, 2005)

Demons: 205 runs all-out

Panthers: 57 runs all-out

We were afraid in the begining that we were going to lose until their best batsman (Ghuggi) got out (LBW), then we kept taking wicket after wicket...

You read my thread Cric in Islamabad.

my club is the Diamond Cricket Club

I played another match today, and its more believable :p

Other team basts 1st, make 267 all out (50 over match)

We bat 2nd, and make it in 48.2 ov

I make 32 runs and take 2 wickets

zMario said:
You read my thread Cric in Islamabad.

my club is the Diamond Cricket Club

I played another match today, and its more believable :p

Other team basts 1st, make 267 all out (50 over match)

We bat 2nd, and make it in 48.2 ov

I make 32 runs and take 2 wickets
Well done!Sounds like a very interesting match.Are you an allrounder?

Bump. Due to popular demand of people wanting to write about their cricketing experiences, I though it would be good to un-earth this thread.

If I knew any clubs in the Belfast area for my age group, I would definatley play. However, my school is a traditional irish school and doesn't play Cricket and Rugby, which are two of my favourite sports. I love slogging, it's so much fun. :D

Over here in USA their making Cricket State Teams like California, Texas, and others. Their making Cricket Stadiums too and are going to choose the best 20 players in California from the cricket clubs. This must be nothing new for the other guys who live in different country but over here it's really exicting :)

Big_Boss said:
Over here in USA their making Cricket State Teams like California, Texas, and others. Their making Cricket Stadiums too and are going to choose the best 20 players in California from the cricket clubs. This must be nothing new for the other guys who live in different country but over here it's really exicting :)

That is good news. And I would be excited if I was a decent club cricket player over there!

I like this thread,

I dont Play for anyteam, but soon be in Scotland or Pakistan, then you can say "usy was a legend :D".

A quick search brought up this thread, which is exactly what I want. Remember, it's always better to post in an old thread than create a new one! :p

It's quite ironic that everyone's favourite fardin started this thread. May his legend live on. :(

I'm about to head off for my first competitive game of the season at Topcroft! I'll let you know how I got on when I get back! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread