Your Cricket Cricket Club Discussion

SkateBoarder said:
A quick search brought up this thread, which is exactly what I want. Remember, it's always better to post in an old thread than create a new one! :p

It's quite ironic that everyone's favourite fardin started this thread. May his legend live on. :(

I'm about to head off for my first competitive game of the season at Topcroft! I'll let you know how I got on when I get back! :cool:

What happened to fardin? :(

James_W said:
What happened to fardin? :(

Read the stickied thread in general chat :( :(.

My first game is on Thursday, i was surprised to be picked tbh. I'm gonna open the bowling and bat at 3, so it should be a good game for me.

The match wasn't one of my best. I bowled one over out of the twenty, and only conceded five runs but still the captain refused to give me more. :mad:

I was put down at number 11 when we batted, and I know I'm much better than that. I didn't bat, the final few overs in the match were played in the dark and we lost. :(

James_W, fardin is a touchy subject. He tragically lost his life in a car accident last month. See this thread. :crying

Here in Norway the senior league starting this weekend! :)
As a junior player I had net practice with the senior team today but couldn't go because of my norwegian test 2morrow! =/

R.I.P FARDIN! :(

I play for a club called North Middlesex. Back when I was but knee high I used to captain the U15's and then the U17's bowling my loopy leg-spinners and batting with every finger of my bottom hand.

Also played for the area team and had failed Middlesex trials. After not playing for close to 6 years I finally dusted off the equipment and got involved again towards the end of last seasons nets, used the recent winter nets to carry on rediscovering my game and at the start of this season played in the intra club game between the 2's and 3's for my first game on grass in 6 years. Made only 3 with the bat despite being dropped first ball in the slip, and then annoyingly had two dropped catches off my 4 over spell of off-spin (back can't hack the thrust that goes into leg-spin anymore :( )

One was a very tough one on the boundary, the other however was a regulation take for the keeper but alas it was spilled.

Our season finished a while ago but i might aswell post the season review

I started the season at Cluden CC, and i knew i was going to leave to a **** club so i could try turn them around, something which was my goal since joining them. First cluden game against Hampton Central CC, absoloutly smashed, beat them by 200 and something in a 25 over match, I had found my **** club. I signed up the next week, waited out my 1 game transfer wait (which we got absoloutly smashed in). We were a one man team, the man shall not be mentioned, he opened the batting and the bowling while the rest filled numbers around him. I came into a team that had no hope. Placed last majorly by percentage we had quite a task on our hands. I fitted in along side mr x as the opening bowler/opening batsmen then kept a bit aswell. We won our next 6 games straight, all by close margains and we found ourselves in major contention for finals. We managed to claw onto a draw through rain in the next match, a match we had no hope of winning, and then we had a bye so collected an easy full points. We managed to win the next 3 aswell. Finally we were up to the last season fixtured game and astonishingly we were placed 1st! We lost the final game of the season, dropping us down to 4th, mainly because of our awful percentage. Just clinging onto the finals, we went in faithful, but playing the team that had beaten us once already, the other time should of been an easy win for them, the rained match i spoke of early. We ended up being knocked out by them by 37 runs, shattered we all had a 1 and a half reflection on the season, and how far we had come. We were a team of no hopes, last by an absoloute mile, then we all clicked, we started playing with some heart. We ended up higher than cluden, who didnt make the finals. It was a great season which i shall never forget, i have never had so many memories from cricket.

Some notable performances throughout the season (these are what made us win games)

Mr b's 74 against South Melbourne when we were 3 - 14 to save the match
Mine and j's partnership of 103 in the 2nd match against south to win the match
Mr d's 99 (run out on 99!!) after the team was 5 - 29 against south caulfield and then my 4 -7 off 10 overs to win the match by 8 runs
mr b's 5 - 29 off 10 overs and my 29 with the tail to win the match by 2 wickets

These are the few that come to mind first, others are just the sheer determination of our tail enders and late bowlers to play the greatest games of their lives so we could hold on for the win. For anyone that didnt quite pick it up, I played for Cluden at the start then changed to Hampton Central after 1 game

It's nice to hear your story, rickyp. :)

I played for my school team this afternoon, much better than yesterday for my club. I was the captain as our regular one had other cricketing commitments, and I took two wickets. I did drop two though which I wasn't too pleased about. I stayed out in bat for a long time, hit a lovely four over the mid-on region. We lost heavily in the end, but it was a much better performance for me. :cool:

Drewska said:
Read the stickied thread in general chat :( :(.

My first game is on Thursday, i was surprised to be picked tbh. I'm gonna open the bowling and bat at 3, so it should be a good game for me.

Good luck for tommorow Dree, I will be watching and do you mind if I put scorecards and a report up here tommorow.

I'll also send you a copy ;)

Flitwick U14 B vs Henlow U14

Limited Overs Match, (20 Overs Each)

Henlow were the clear favourites with 3 of their players playing for the County. Most of them were also older than the Flitwick squad and it showed.

Henlow's openers were racing along at a run-rate of 6 an over, and it got worse for Flitwick and unfortunatly bad for Drewska with an economy of 9 in the end he only bowled 2 overs, (he had a rough day and I do feel incredibly bad for him, no offence meant). Flitwick took the 1 wicket when the batsman sweeped, missed, and was clean bowled. Before that Drewska had dropped a catch, or nearly caught it whatever it still didn't make a difference. But that still no made difference, as Henlow's second opener made his half-century and was forced to retire. In the end Henlow finished with figures of 153-1, with a brilliant run-rate of just over 7.

Flitwick started off quite well but then they collapsed majorly. Drewska was unfortunate when a duff call was made by the batsman and he was run-out without facing a ball, and the collapse kept on coming as Flitwick slumped to 8-6, 2 of those were Golden Ducks. In the end they were well and truly thumped, all out for 13 after another bad call between the wickets.

1st Game of the season didn't go so well, and I'm not blaming anyone here and I'm not trying to make anybody from our side look bad, more updates on the Season next week when we play Flitwick U14 A.

Last edited:
Unlucky Drew and Hondey, keep plugging away and remember to enjoy your cricket it is afterall only a game :)

I'll give you a brief synopsis of North Middlesex 3rd XI's game this saturday. Myself and my younger brother are both playing, and he's fresh off a 50 in his most recent U17's league game. Looking foward to my second game on grass since my 6 year hiatus. My games slowly redeveloping itself although my brother already has a lot more 50's than I ever scored :grumble grumble:

I have just joined my local cricket club, Cheadle CC u13s. First net session is on Monday where they are going to decide if I am a Batter, Bowler or All rounder according to their standards as I have never played proper cricket before. Im very excited and will post regular updates on my progress! :)

Good luck with that Stevie hope that all goes well.

And good luck to you Spin, also, hope to hear from you.

I made a few mistakes on the report and it wasn't as bad as it sounded, and to clear up anything I didn't play yesterday I was watching.

Users who are viewing this thread