Your Cricket Cricket Club Discussion

Drewska said:
Got back from training about hour and a half ago.. just did some basic stuff. Sorted my run up out hopefully.

You weren't bowling spin though as far as I could tell. I was surprised I wasn't picked but that's how life is. Besides it's really only a practice match.

Regarding my game that I was going to report on, travelled for 2 hours to Essex only for it be rained off :p Ah well not like I had anything better to do on Saturday.

hondeyho said:
You weren't bowling spin though as far as I could tell. I was surprised I wasn't picked but that's how life is. Besides it's really only a practice match.

I don't think it's a practise match as we get points for it :p.

Good news, despite my relatively poor performance (or should I say, hard-done-by performance because the captain wouldn't give me chance) on Tuesday I still got the call to play at Bungay tomorrow. I haven't played since Thursday at school training, so here's for a big performance! :)

I have never, and I mean never, seen a pitch as bad as the one we played on today. If you were a 'proper' batsman, you had literally no chance of surviving on it. It was going sideways, up and down, you name it, it did it. Only players in our team that got into double figures were a couple of lads who went in and threw the bat at the ball. 57 all out and I ended up being the oldest player in the team. :mad: Hopefully playing 2nd's again next week, keep my place as the leading scorer in the club. :D

stevie said:
I have never, and I mean never, seen a pitch as bad as the one we played on today. If you were a 'proper' batsman, you had literally no chance of surviving on it. It was going sideways, up and down, you name it, it did it. Only players in our team that got into double figures were a couple of lads who went in and threw the bat at the ball. 57 all out and I ended up being the oldest player in the team. :mad: Hopefully playing 2nd's again next week, keep my place as the leading scorer in the club. :D

Lol, the pitch we played on on thursday had loads of lines engraved in it, it was damp and was covered in green.

Drewska said:
Lol, the pitch we played on on thursday had loads of lines engraved in it, it was damp and was covered in green.

I should've taken a picture of it. The ball was leaving dents in the bloody thing!!

I went along to my cricket club today! To be told my age trains tommorrow :p

I will update you on it then!

I went along to mine today. I had a very good nets with my dibbly dobbly medium pace and made 47. I might bat no4 on Sunday against Barrow

A much better performance today! I didn't bat, but I bowled my full amount of four overs and I took a wicket, conceding only about 16 runs! :happy

Back from nets. Went great! :)

No batting, but I got some real turn with my leggies and caught the edge a bit. Was also complemented on my flight.

So a good night for me :)

Hmm... tonight i battest the sh*test i ever have. Barkey hit the ball in about 30 deliverys. Bowling went really well though.

my pre season training starts soon, shame im out for the next month :-( I cant wait to get back to the hampton nets and have a bowl

I got the call to play for Swardeston again this evening, this time away at Diss in the National Cup. Wish me luck! :)

Anyone remember JJ Martin, the Indian ODI player? He trains my mate's team Cliftonville.

Users who are viewing this thread