Your Cricket Cricket Club Discussion

My match with Swardeston didn't go too well. Our captain won the toss and batted first, which was probably the correct decision as the team batting second will be in the dark. I didn't bat, but I expected that. I'm not a terribly good batsman, my highest score being 27* for my school team! :D

I didn't bowl a single over either, probably because it was a National Cup match and we couldn't afford to lose it. Swardeston actually lost in the final last year in Bournemouth too. Unfortunately one of the Diss batsmen got a half century and they won the match in 19.5 overs! It was only a 20 over game! :p

The Spin said:
I have just joined my local cricket club, Cheadle CC u13s. First net session is on Monday where they are going to decide if I am a Batter, Bowler or All rounder according to their standards as I have never played proper cricket before. Im very excited and will post regular updates on my progress! :)

I just joined my local cricket club, but I'm 16. Not really played cricket too much before, my first two sessions were poor, but yesterday I went to the nets with just a ball and bowled at stumps. Hit a nice line with some nice pace, and it moved when I changed my grip. I kept missing the ball in my last batting session, but that's because I wasn't getting low enough, so I'll sort that out next time.

Ugh, not picked... again!

Apparently I was in the starting 11 for Thursday's game, but apparently there were a few people who were shocked at my arrival into the team and they changed their mind, very annoyed with those people because I know who they are.

I've just started a new season of winter cricket in brisbane, QLD. The conditions are great, we play on turf wickets most weeks. The games are 35 overs a side one day games. After one season away from the game I have started ok 2, 27 and 46. I'm a RH Opening Batsman by the way.

Plenty of work in the nets is needed to keep going forward.

Iron-Haggis said:
I envy all you people just starting your cricket seasons. My season just finished and it was probably the worst season me as an individual and my team have had. My team finished 7th out of 8, with only 3 wins (2 outright both against last). I scored 214 runs at an average of 12.59 with a top score of 72 and that was the third best batting figures in the team. With the ball i took 26 wickets at 21.19 with best bowling of 5/33, the wickets came as a mixture of medium pace and off spin.

Might get a chance to improve on that sooner, since I'm going Canada and the UK fairly soon, hoping to play a few games while overseas.

I'm also interested to hear what other peoples highest scores and best bowling figures are? Hopefully with no one making things up. Highest score is 101 and best bowling is 8/27. That game where I took 8/27 holds some pretty painful memories too.

I'm a opening batsman, HS 116* (I've got 106 twice :) )
I also keep so my bowling is only a part time thing, I usually bowl Leg Spin - BB 3/43

I should be playing my first match the 4th XI tommorow. Should be good, I'll be batting later order, might bowl a few overs.

I play for Muslim Gymkhana, a division I club, in the Midwest Cricket Conference. The league mainly consists of clubs in Midwest USA. We have our first game against Purdue cricket club this saturday.

My game has been cancelled today and it's highly likely that tomorrow will be too. :( I imagine I won't be the only one sat on his arse today with the way the weather is!

stevie said:
My game has been cancelled today and it's highly likely that tomorrow will be too. :( I imagine I won't be the only one sat on his arse today with the way the weather is!

You're quite right, my games been called off too. :(

Me three :( Got another one tomorrow, but weather is meant to be worse tomorrow, so haven't got high hopes! :eek:

When are we going to get some good weather?! The past 3 weeks have been like this! :mad:

Yep the weather has been really bad here recently too. I played for school on Wednesday night and we were all out for 47 and they won by 10 wickets in less than 6 overs! I got a silver duck and took no wickets!

I had a awful nets on Monday and am out of the team. I got out 5 times in as may overs. I couldn't get any movement from my offies and I only got some rythym when I bowled my medium pace.

So we lost our first game of the season. I performed alright, scored 16 runs and got two wickets in 9 overs for 23 runs. If I had stayed longer on the wicket, no doubt we would have won the game.

I play for a team called Parkfield. Ive been doin really well this year.

These are my Stats for 2006

I play for a team called Basford Mills, we've got potential to win most of our games this season. But we just havent batted well enough to put the other team under any pressure. The second game of the season we lost the toss and got put in the field. We got smashed around for 115 off 20 overs. Our opening batsman in reply got 55 not out, but we LOST by 2 runs. :D

EDIT: I've just finnished playing and we lost (AGAIN) off the last ball of the final over. and i finnished with bowling figures of 4-0-2-18. (20 over match).

Last edited:
Had a very nice net session today bowling wise, grabbed two nice wickets and contained the batsmen well until I got tired, which was just before I left anyway. Only lasted 7 balls when I batted though.

Users who are viewing this thread