Your Cricket Cricket Club Discussion

I picked up my first wicket today :)! First ball i bowled drifted in nicely and pitched on off stump and hit leg. I bowled all my 4 overs but couldn't get my full figures. Fielded really well but got bowled for a duck. We lost again, but nobody can expect us to win in our league.

I play for Goresbrook Under 13's
First Game out for 4 but took 2 wickets
2nd game no bat but 1 wicket
3 Games called off
Then Yesterday 8* i opened the bowling but couldnt get my line and length its weird 3 weeks ago i was the most consistent straight bowler there i almost died one night and cant get my line back
but we have a 30 over game were you cant be retired coming up and im due to be up the order so that would be nice
Although we have a game on thursday which will be good

Last edited:
I am in the form of my life at the moment, very happy with myself at club nets on Friday where I even managed to get some swing and pace on an astroturf pitch and claimed two wickets, possibly three if we were in a match and I appealed for LBW. I didn't get out when I had a bat either, so all in all very satisfying. On Saturday morning I clean bowled by Dad twice, who's been playing cricket since he was 15 years old (he's now 62), including one which smashed the leg peg out of the ground. I think it must be my Malinga action that is gaining extra pace. If I play this at school tomorrow, with the weather set fair and home advantage for the first time this year then I think there's a good chance of me smashing my career best bowling figures of 3 for 20 odd.

I play for Roses, in the under 15's and (Sometimes Sunday side, once so far in the Bassett Law League)

Batting my average is 22

Best bowling figures 4-0 (i couldn't believe it i wasn't even bowling good balls)

Last edited:
I play in the BC cricket league in Canada, for my team, Richmond. I am now an opening batsman, due to some good scores as an opener in my last few games. I would prefer not to open, but my style is that, im made for opening. This year has been great for me, in 8 innings i have 1 century and 3 half centuries. Last three games have especially been sublime for me, im in great form, and loving it!!
here are my scores:

game 1: 21 off 58 game 2: 33 off 63 game 3: 60 off 156 game 4: 13 off 29 game 5: 114 not out, off 141(15 fours, 1 six) game 6: 47 off 47 game 7: 77 off 99 game 8: 53 off 74

as you can see im not the quickest scorer, but thats just my style

I play for Alvaston and Boulton CC in Derby, Here is there website, its regulary updated and well kept: http://www.ab-cc.co.uk/

So far the U17 Team i play for have had 3 games rained off in the league and have played one game in the cup which we lost.

The away team batted first and made 97/3 from their 20 overs. We were aiming to keep them under 100 so it went well. We chased down 92/9 after some shocking shots and a slow start. Out of the cup....

I fielded average down at fine leg, square leg and saving one. I bowled one over of off spin whcih went for 10. First ball went down leg for two byes. second got hammered straight to point who threw down the stumps even though the batsmen didnt run and that went for 4 overthrows. the next three balls were dots and the the last ball was clipped to the legside, should have been two but square leg let it through his legs for four. Poor fielding from an average over.

I didnt get to bat as the 9th man was bowled from the last ball.

Had my best training session to date on wednesday. Didnt drop a catch in slip practice or high catches. Didnt get out and played very straight in my batting session, a few cracking straight drives back past the bowler and perfected my late leg side clip against a leggie. I got an edge with my first ball 9an arm ball), the lad played for the spin and it skipped on. Got a nice one through the gate, floated it up and the batsman played an expansive drive, didnt get to the pitch and bowled him middle stump. 3 Caught and bowled, 2 from leading edges and one good catch from a drive back at me. Two classic around the wicket LBW's too. pitching and straightening. Very pleased.

Last edited:
Drewska said:
I picked up my first wicket today :)! First ball i bowled drifted in nicely and pitched on off stump and hit leg. I bowled all my 4 overs but couldn't get my full figures. Fielded really well but got bowled for a duck. We lost again, but nobody can expect us to win in our league.

It also helped that the batsman tried to sweep it but missed ;)

You forgot that we got our first point of the season for getting 2 wickets :p

First match of the season for me tommorow. Hope I get a chance to bowl, probably bat last though.

Got my bowling figures today im well happy

10 Overs
5 Wickets
3 Maidens
12 Runs

Also tomorrow the hardest game of the season for us a 30 over game i should be batting atr 6 so i mite not bat as in these games you cant be retired and i will get a bowl

I thought I had become out of favour at my club recently so I was pleased to get a phone call to play yesterday. It was my first match at our home ground this season and as we bowled first I used my full four overs and took a wicket as well as making the batsman play, in my opinion, more times than any other bowler.

We thrashed them, getting them all out for 75, and we were 80-2 with a cracking six in the 14th over. We've won!

stevie said:
First game of the season?! :eek:

Aye, didnt start playing cricket until halfway through May though, and had my other game rained off.

Well, as captain, I have now won 2 and drawn 2 games, thats a pretty damn good start, considering I never captained in juniors or anything. Anyway, we batted first and got to 198-5 after 40 overs, so I decided to declare, that meant we gave them 50 overs to try get the runs. We only needed 41 of them to bowl them out. They were all out for 161. I didn't bat, I was next in, put mself at 8. Bowled 13 overs and claimed 2-26.

Bowlin' James! What do you bowl? And congrats on the victory!

Users who are viewing this thread