Cricket Coach 2011 Development

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd suggest CC to look at FM and implement some features of them.

6ry4nj

International Coach
Cricket Coach 2011 Official Release

Cricket Coach 2011 has just been released as an official ie. non-beta version. A free 2-calendar-day-from-install trial of the full game is also available. See the Cricket Coach website for more.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Cricket Coach is still just as retarded as ever.

I'm 72/0 in 9 overs in a T20, yet the CPU has 2 slips, and only a fine leg on the boundary.

Seriously, WTF.

KeithParker

School Cricketer
it would be nice if the next edition of the game was animated like cricket captain:yes and for the user to be able to control the batsmen and bowlers i.e the ea sports cricket series.:thumbs

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Seriously, this is just insanity

Yeah found the exact same things happening. And there's way too many scores of 300+ in OD matches.

Sticking with ICC again just for the sheer fact they've got a near perfect match engine.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I actually disagree with nearly everything that that person has written. There is no such thing as a catch up code and the game doesn't penalise you for being really successful.

6ry4nj

International Coach
I actually disagree with nearly everything that that person has written. There is no such thing as a catch up code and the game doesn't penalise you for being really successful.

The Childish Things website gives this as one of the features of ICC10:
"AI for close finishes and twenty over matches improved for more nail-biters"

While that does not go nearly as far as 'catch-up code' as described in the other forum, it clearly says that the AI team that was otherwise losing will now win or lose by less. In other words, catch up...

ICC is just as easy to criticize as this game. For example, ICC has far too many (whether successful or not) huge 4th innings run-chases. It also has too many spectacular 4th innings collapses!

I can show you (ICC09) a team needing 9 from 23 balls with 4 wickets in hand, ending up with a tie. I can show you a bowler taking 7 wickets in 3.5 overs (who was 0-41 after 6).:noway

But I disagree with dismissive comments in general, and about either of these games or match engines in particular.

They're both good games. Cricket Coach (haven't seen this version yet) had a lot of catching up to do in some areas, especially the highlights engine, database and bowling tactics. But it has clearly done a lot of catching up. Have a look at the major changes Oli lists in the development log on his website. And many of those were done in beta!

In other features (eg. associates and domestics playability, competition editability, and historical scenarios) CC is way out in front, and likely to stay there!:cheers

Please report your issues on the Cricket Coach website. It seems likely that Oli will produce updates of CC11 for some time to come. I would confidently predict that the bug with 5 on the boundary in the powerplay will be fixed.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
ICC has a way better match engine and like Themer, I don't agree with most of what that guy wrote. The only problem I experience is that the tail a bit too often scores a lot of runs.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
While that does not go nearly as far as 'catch-up code' as described in the other forum, it clearly says that the AI team that was otherwise losing will now win or lose by less. In other words, catch up...

Chris has programmed the AI to play better in tight finishes not to let them catch up if they are doing poorly. A few versions back they wouldn't whack it all around at the end when needed and often ended up being short. They've now been changed to they properly understand what they need and how aggresive they've got to be to get there.

There certainly isn't a catch up code.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Back to Cricket Coach...

I'm glad to see the guys there are sticking at it. It takes time and effort to get these engines working right and I'll certainly be giving it a go to see how it has improved.

Users who are viewing this thread