Cricket Coach: "Early release feedback"

Briggsey

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Timewell said:
I can think of a third.

That being that they are telling the truth - they did not experience any of the errors; that the game they released had been changed slightly; that they released the right version.
How can you say they released the right version when we have experienced bugs yet they havent?

If it was only one or two people who had a bug problem then fine, but when close enough a near whole community has the same bugs from the same game, it makes you think that they possibly did release the wrong one by accident, or forgot to add the run time files (or whatever they used to code it) which would get rid of the bugs.

Timewell

School Cricketer
Not everyone has had the same bugs though - which leads me to believe that it is more of a spec issue rather than the wrong version being released!

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Even without the bugs its a poor effort in my opinion. There is no way I could recommend this game to even my worst enemy.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Timewell said:
Not everyone has had the same bugs though - which leads me to believe that it is more of a spec issue rather than the wrong version being released!
If it's a spec issue then that is lousy testing.

Any devloper worth their salt tests their software on several systems, of several different specifications. I'm sure they could have had dozens of potential beta-testers.

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
If it's a spec issue then that is lousy testing.

Any devloper worth their salt tests their software on several systems, of several different specifications. I'm sure they could have had dozens of potential beta-testers.
I think if you ask any developer worth their salt, they'll tell you that it is pretty much impossible to test every configuration out there.

We have utilised several beta testers during the test period (as well as tested it ourselves on different machines) and not found a number of the issues people have been experiencing on these boards. At the same time, Focus have also done a large amount of testing.

Once again, a big thank you to the people who have been patient and constructive - we really do value your feedback.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not suggesting that you could test every single configuration out there. But the fact that people found bugs within 10 minutes that you apparantly never saw leads me to believe that the version you have released is not the version you've all been testing.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Turbanation said:
Why would they do that?
If it its the case, I have no idea, other than it being an accident. But the fact that testing never saw bugs that the majority of people seem to find after just a short time playing leads me to believe that this is the case. Plus, did the testers not notice that you can't change field settings? I find it hard to believe that, unless they were testing a different version.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I find this game boring, as i do icc. Cricket management has a long way to come in terms, of depth, detail, and display. It should be aiming for the feats of a football manager game by sports interactive. These cricket games are so small in comparison, it gets boring far to quickly.

langerrox

International Coach
well seeing my trial period got used up by bugs, i think a longer trial period would be required if i was going to even think about buying the game

Muhammad Saad

School Cricketer
and what about inaccurate match engine,training players,youth development program,feild settings, surely if they remove all of the bugs (I m expierencing only random crashes and autosave thats not working and I had to play one match over and over again)they have to include these features because these are basics of cricket management game,other wise the game is going no where.

Sureshot

Executive member
Sman-21 said:
Sureshot do you autoplay or play every ball?
I play every single ball very first match using WA i got to 20/0 off 3 overs then i went to autoplay section and accidently autoplayed.
Was a 50 over match and WA ended up scoring 270+ and won by 20+runs.

Next match i played every ball and here was my score after day 2 (WAvsQLD) http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/Sman-21/hmm.jpg
So im completely new to the game and scored that high also massive score in the SA vs Vic game.
Oh yeah and after all the random crashes i finally got to finish that match and i won by bowling Queensland out twice and winning by just under 500 runs.

In the news section though i noticed all the low scores for other one dayers.
Trial peeriods over now so wont be able to try anymore games.

I only played Tests (3 Vs Sri Lanka), I meant with the One Day games as like you said in the last para.

I scored highly in the Tests, all drawn, and 5 centuries.

Cricket Coach said:
I think if you ask any developer worth their salt, they'll tell you that it is pretty much impossible to test every configuration out there.

We have utilised several beta testers during the test period (as well as tested it ourselves on different machines) and not found a number of the issues people have been experiencing on these boards. At the same time, Focus have also done a large amount of testing.

Once again, a big thank you to the people who have been patient and constructive - we really do value your feedback.

So are these bugs going to be fixed?

The wrong score one should be fairly simple, it only happens when teams follow on.

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
When we upload a new version to the website in the next couple of days we'll accompany it with a change list - this will help people who have purchased the game to see what's changed when they update.

People who haven't purchased the game should be able to start a new trial period (24 hours or until midnight). We're checking that one out though, so no guarantees.

To give you an estimate of what's been changed, my current fixlist totals around 24 items, ranging from simple mistakes to improvements in AI with the match engine.

Rest assured we haven't just sat on our hands and waited for people to buy the game. We haven't made this game to make money - if that had been our motive it would never have made it this far. We have made this game as we wanted a decent cricket management game for ourselves.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Can you not make it 2 days or somthing ?

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
pretty sure softwrap stops working as soon as the date changes so that means midnight.
So best thing to do is install early in the morning,take the day off work/school and test it all day :D

Users who are viewing this thread