Story Cricket Game Strategies

Cricket 2004 - Batting - For yorkers on the off stump it is always best to come across the stumps and defend to make sure you hit the ball. Otherwise it may result in you missing it and being bowled!

Cricket 2004 - If you block the ball don't be afraid to take a quick singles because the fielders don't normally run in to get the ball and most times you will be able to pick up an easy run.

I struggle to play defensive strokes in C07.. any tips for the same?

seems none has mastered batting in C07 :p

Ummm, just time them.

What is your problem? Edging them to much? LBW's or bowled? Please explain.

I struggle to play defensive strokes in C07.. any tips for the same?

Don't play defence shots in EA Cricket 07. If it is missing off, leave it and if it is on the stumps, leg glance it.

Ummm, just time them.

What is your problem? Edging them to much? LBW's or bowled? Please explain.

well.. even if timed as Ideal the batsman play down the wrong line. hence ends up getting clean bowled. (just to explain better.. in BLIC07 its better as u can choose direction with defencive shot.. so the batsman doesnt play down the wrong line.)

Don't play defence shots in EA Cricket 07. If it is missing off, leave it and if it is on the stumps, leg glance it.

thanks for the concern guys...

but i think playing leg glance is bit risky... on several occasion a glance played at Ideal timing is caught by the fielder next to leg-umpire.. and the one timed a bit early just scoops up in the air for an easy catch.

so, is there any other alternative? as of now, i play front-foot on drive if the ball is over-pitched at off-middle stump. but i struggle to negotiate balls just short of length.. say aiming the top pf bails. (these balls are easily blocked by CPU)

Last edited:
my advice for defensive shots is use x rather than the analog stick for the ps2 version or if on a normal or hard pitch play down to fine leg becoz there will be too much bounce and you risk being bowled. This is how i avoid getting bowled and edging by playing defencive shots hope this helps!

basically be patient and bowl mainly outside off stump with a few bouncers straight ones and yorkers. Slower balls with people like Jimmy Anderson and Simon Jones to well set batsman often fool them as well

Also, if you could pitch the ball just on the toes, in line with off stump with an in-swining delivery (with a right handed batsman and bowler) you will occasionally get edges.
Though, make sure you have lots of catches because often there are very thick edges.
It takes a while to master but once you get the hang of it it really works.

i try and use as close to bodyline... with a short fine leg and a leg slip..forward short leg then silly point, silly mid on and off.
It takes wickets but they get a few runs

Users who are viewing this thread