Cricket Heroes- Screenshot on Pg 2 - An Advanced Cricket Video Game

Do you feel this 2D cricket simulation game is still exciting?

• Yes, cricket is cricket

Votes: 46 73.0%
  • No, thats boring

Votes: 17 27.0%

• Total voters

kurtkz

Game Developer
Great.No problem.As I don't think you are eager to release the game, and that you want to include every unique feature.Time is not a problem.
No now.I have my exams goin on its a holiday today so I gave at try to the game and gave you the necessary feedback.I will tell you about them tomorrow.

And also why don't the arrow keys appear when I change the controls to them, as seen in this picture.
78436d1292509148-cricket-heroes-screenshot-pg-2-advanced-cricket-video-game-co2.gif

The blank spaces are the arrow keys!

I need to change the font. Will do.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Can you use these keys for the controls, as I feel current one doesn't looks good?
You can resize them.:)
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Up.gif
    Up.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 187
  • Up-Left.gif
    Up-Left.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Up-Right.gif
    Up-Right.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Right.gif
    Right.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Left.gif
    Left.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 180
  • Down.gif
    Down.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Down-Left.gif
    Down-Left.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 192
  • Down-Right.gif
    Down-Right.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 189
  • Lofted-back-foot.gif
    Lofted-back-foot.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 176
  • Lofted-Front-foot.gif
    Lofted-Front-foot.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 177

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hey guys,

another small update HERE:

- fixes font for controls
- fixes bug in AI field settings (hopefully)
- improves AI field settings
- improves AI bowling- fixes bug in diving
- synching is more robust
- renamed "Controls" to "Team Controls"

Cheers
Kurt

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
These are the controls which I feel will make this game a lot better.Hope you will be able to do it.:)
Code:
Left Arrow key - left
Right arrow key - right
Up arrow key - up
Down arrow key - down

To play a shot, hold in:

A - front-foot
S - back-foot
D - lofted front-foot
W - lofted back-foot

and when the ball arrives, keep holding either I/O/K/L and press:

Left arrow key - off-side shots
Up+Left Arrow key - off-side, behind the wicket shots
Down+Left arrow key - off-side, in front of wicket shots
Down arrow key - straight shots
Down+Right Arrow key - leg-side, in front of wicket shots
Right arrow key - leg-side shots
Up+Right arrow key - leg-side, behind the wicket shots

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Things need to be updated IMHO:
1.Field placing should be visible while running.
2.If possible make the controls I told you.
3.Running between the wickets can be increased a bit.
4.Grounds can be a bit large as even when bowl goes to the fielder at boundary, there's no chance for a run and run out occurs.
5.Display the score of the batsman after he gets out and replays for boundaries, sixes, wickets, close calls and appeals would be good
6.Name and type of bowler when a new bowler arrives.
7.I am hardly able to hit shots through leg side, and also I am not able to hit behind the wicket, even on the deliveries which deserve to go there.
8.When the bowl hits when I press the leg side button it either goes straight to the bowler or it goes to offside from nowhere.
9.The shots which works perfect are straight shots and off side shots for both left and right handers.
10.There should be some extent to go down a pitch.
11.Including batting and bowling card in main menu.
12.Scorecard after every over.
13.Layout of scorecard can be better.
14.Put the distance of the six in scorebar after its hitted, and I likes that feature:thumbs
15.Bowlers bowls too many bouncers.
16.Don't know what but some element is required to make the game realistic.
17.Check this screenshot, it was catched behind the boundary line , it was still given out.
attachment.php

Attachments

• abc.gif
    abc.gif
    126.1 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

kurtkz

Game Developer
> 1.Field placing should be visible while running.

Will do - I'll put it in the bottom right of the screen.

> 2.If possible make the controls I told you.

Will do :)

> 3.Running between the wickets can be increased a bit.

Are you double tapping run? That makes your batsmen run faster.

> 4.Grounds can be a bit large as even when bowl goes to the fielder at
> boundary, there's no chance for a run and run out occurs.

Again, are you double tapping? The computer runs at the same speed and completes runs...

> 5.Display the score of the batsman after he gets out and replays for
> boundaries, sixes, wickets, close calls and appeals would be good

That should already be happening - unless you simulate or the computer plays against itself. If not, I'll have to have a look at why it's not working. You can enable auto replays in the Options menu...(there are bugs with the replays though)

> 6.Name and type of bowler when a new bowler arrives.

Will add this.

> 7.I am hardly able to hit shots through leg side, and also I am not able > to hit behind the wicket, even on the deliveries which deserve to go
> there.

You should be able to hit balls through the leg side. If it rebounds into the offside, it's either hit your pad or you've inside-edged into your pads.

> 8.When the bowl hits when I press the leg side button it either goes
> straight to the bowler or it goes to offside from nowhere.

See my previous answer.

> 10.There should be some extent to go down a pitch.

You can do this already. Just press the key you assigned for down/up.

> 11.Including batting and bowling card in main menu.

They're already there.

> 12.Scorecard after every over.

I've taken this out because it's quite annoying - if the player wants to see the scorecard, it's quick to navigate there...

> 13.Layout of scorecard can be better.

Agreed, do you mind putting together a screenshot of what it should look like?

> 14.Put the distance of the six in scorebar after its hitted, and I likes that > feature:thumbs

Will do, makes sense :)

> 15.Bowlers bowls too many bouncers.

I think it'll look better once I have the sprites scaled properly. Also, the computer will tend to bowl whatever is going for the least amount of runs. Can you hit these bouncers?

> 16.Don't know what but some element is required to make the game
> realistic.

It's pretty realistic as it is (I've tweaked things again, but will release it in the next update) - can you think of anything that can be included to make it more realistic?

> 17.Check this screenshot, it was catched behind the boundary line , it
> was still given out.

Oops, that's a horrible bug - good spot! Will fix this as well :)

Cheers
Kurt

PS Guys, keep the feedback coming. Excellent work so far Meet :)

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
You should be able to hit balls through the leg side. If it rebounds into the offside, it's either hit your pad or you've inside-edged into your pads.
I am only able to hit front foot/back foot staright drive, front foot/back foot off drive not behind the wickets and across the wicket.Only 10% of leg side balls can hit to leg side.
That should already be happening - unless you simulate or the computer plays against itself. If not, I'll have to have a look at why it's not working. You can enable auto replays in the Options menu...(there are bugs with the replays though)
Anyways include the score after a batsman gets out.I will have a go through replays though.
You can do this already. Just press the key you assigned for down/up.
I mean you should restrict us to go down the pitch.We can go till the pitch of the bowl, it should be limited.
I've taken this out because it's quite annoying - if the player wants to see the scorecard, it's quick to navigate there...
I don't think this is annoying.Many games like Cricket 07, AC09, etc which I have played contains this feature and I pretty much liked it.As we can know the batsman who are playing and their respective scores.Though it comes in scorebar, but its very few that it comes.So it might be helpful.
Agreed, do you mind putting together a screenshot of what it should look like?
haha I made this neo cricket scorecard myself, as I saw you are including its scorebar I thought to gave it a look to you.I think its impossible though.:p
DelhiBWL1stINN.png

MumbaiBat1stINN.png

Another type of scorecard.
MUM-BAT-2nd-INN.gif

Delhi-BWL-2nd-Inn.gif

If you want I can make a layout.:)
I think it'll look better once I have the sprites scaled properly. Also, the computer will tend to bowl whatever is going for the least amount of runs. Can you hit these bouncers?
In an over there are minimum of 4-5 bouncers.More irritating is what we can only hit them straight or only off side.
It's pretty realistic as it is (I've tweaked things again, but will release it in the next update) - can you think of anything that can be included to make it more realistic?
I don't think.In tests I am hardly able to score 100 runs.RR is too much though consecutive bouncers makes it low and moreover restriction to hit the shots make it low.Increase in size of ground would be good.So I don't know which tweaks are needed but IMO its not realistic ATM.

Last edited:

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Here's an example why this game is unrealistic:
In these games bowlers bowled bouncers pitching outside off stump and I just smashed them and I got RR of 20 which is pretty unrealistic.Isn't it?
attachment.php

attachment.php

And also when I play T20 WC, after competition of one match it redirected to the main menu and I din't knew how to go back to tourny.So how do I go to?
And also put some options which simulates all the matches till our user country match is there.

Attachments

• scr1.gif
    scr1.gif
    337 KB · Views: 336
  • scr2.gif
    scr2.gif
    402.8 KB · Views: 251

kurtkz

Game Developer
Here's an example why this game is unrealistic:
In these games bowlers bowled bouncers pitching outside off stump and I just smashed them and I got RR of 20 which is pretty unrealistic.Isn't it?
attachment.php

attachment.php

And also when I play T20 WC, after competition of one match it redirected to the main menu and I din't knew how to go back to tourny.So how do I go to?
And also put some options which simulates all the matches till our user country match is there.

Aaah, did you notice that the computer wasn't setting the field correctly to handle that? ;) There's a bug in the fielding in that version where the computer doesn't set proper fields.

I also tested playing leg-side shots and they seem to work fine - are you sure you're playing the right shot? I've changed the shot parameters a bit so that you can play bouncers through the leg-side properly though.

Hmmm, sounds like the tournament is bugged - I'll check it out.

EDIT: Also, what difficulty level are you playing on?

Last edited:

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hey guys,

another update HERE:

- improves AI field settings
- can now pull/cut bouncers properly
- some minor tweaks to batting
- Meet's control system is now in place (as well as old system) :)

Cheers
Kurt

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
EDIT: Also, what difficulty level are you playing on?
Normal
There's a bug in the fielding in that version where the computer doesn't set proper fields.
It does set, but due to small ground 95% it goes over the fence.

Also reply to my this and this post.:)

How to play defensive shots?
If there isn't any key than I would suggest(According to controls given by me) "A" for front foot defense and "S" for back foot defense.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread