Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huzzah, Buko have sent me the next batch of animations - the umpire and wicket keeper are 100% done while the bowler is only lacking a spinner run-up and off and leg-spin animations. I should be able to import them either tomorrow or Monday...

@kurtkz: Bug which 'select new batsmen' screen appears even though the 10th wicket falls appeared again in update 1.28.

Finally free from personal stuff back to testing of CH :D

I downloaded the latest version, started a test match and chose to bowl first. Everything was going along fine, I'd bowled a fair few overs, then I bowled a ball (an inswinging yorker) and got this error:

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

Also: how does the DRS/appeal thing work? I see the bar come up and press the I button but nothing happens, I have tried holding it and pressing it repeatedly but only once did the review option come up and that was an accident :p

Another thing I have just noticed, I was batting, got a run the bowler broke the stumps and the bails just starting going up the pitch indefinitely, I pressed the I button and the players started running and I was given out despite not leaving the crease. And when I was bowled out, the select new batsman screen came up but there was nothing I could do.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report Mikeyw12345, I'll take a look at it in a bit.

----------

Oh - the DRS thing: the appeal bar appears if the ball goes past the edge of the bat or it hits the pads. I'll double check that it's working correctly though...

OK...I think I've fixed up most the bugs reported over the weekend. Just some more testing and the new update should be ready for tomorrow morning. Paid users will, as usual, see the new models. The spinner animations are still missing but Buko are working on those already.

Apologies for the delay everyone, I'm trying to test it as best as I can. The change log thus far:

- added wicket keeper, bowler, umpire models & animations
- performance optimization (3D)
- fixed replays
- fixed LBW bug where it was sometimes not given
- fixed LBW bug where it was sometimes not given (even after successfully reviewing)
- fixed fielding bugs
- "appeal" bar only shows up on edges/ball passing edge or hitting pads
- fixed shading on 3D models
- last selected profile is selected by default
- adjusted horizontal range of defensive strokes
- fixed bowler/keeper fielding when ball is thrown
- keeper displays properly in the pitch window
- fixed bowler runup and delivery stride
- LBW pitch mat is proper width now
- improved timing of dive animation
- added per-player skin tones
- minor bug fixes
- AI runs for overthrows
- fixed batsman selection bug when all wickets have fallen in a test/FC game

I'm investigating the last issue raised by itay128 - ten wickets fall and the game asks you to choose a new batsman. Once this is done, I'll upload the new version.

Cheers
Kurt

Last edited:
Caught behind DRS crash

This crash occurred after overturning a 'not out' decision for caught behind.

VERSION: 1.28

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.WicketCaught(BallCollision bc)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms)

Why are players black

----------

Code:
RUN @ 5/1/2012 1:19:31 AM

VERSION: 1.28
PROFILE: N/A

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE:    at Cricket.Main.GameStateSimulate.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2)
   at Cricket.Main.GameState.Update(Single ms, Single ms2)
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.UpdateOnly(Single ratio)

This error occurred when I was playing a tournament of T20 format. My team(India) reached semi finals and I clicked play the game crashed. Now when I wanted to rerun this error was thrown

@itay128: Hmm, seems like the same issue as you had with the lbws previously. Will see that the catches are fixed too.

@rahul: Do you have a saved game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread