Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

update v1.29 is now available. Change log:

- added wicket keeper, bowler, umpire models & animations
- performance optimization (3D)
- fixed replays
- fixed LBW bug where it was sometimes not given
- fixed LBW bug where it was sometimes not given (even after successfully reviewing - needs more testing)
- fixed fielding bugs
- "appeal" bar only shows up on edges/ball passing edge or hitting pads
- fixed shading on 3D models
- last selected profile is selected by default
- adjusted horizontal range of defensive strokes
- fixed bowler/keeper fielding when ball is thrown
- keeper displays properly in the pitch window
- fixed bowler runup and delivery stride
- LBW pitch mat is proper width now
- improved timing of dive animation
- added per-player skin tones
- minor bug fixes
- AI runs for overthrows
- fixed batsman selection bug when all wickets have fallen in a test/FC game
- fixed UDRS for catches (needs more testing)
- upgraded 2D graphics

Cheers
Kurt

Ok just to check I'm doing this right. Downloaded the top link from the website. Run setup?

Just got cricket.exe is not working and that's it. Is there anything I'm supposed to have done when I installed it etc? Cheers dude :)

----------

When I run setup it says it's installing 1.27, don't know if that's meant to say that? :)

@puddleduck: Yeah, I forgot to up the version number on the installer, but it is actually version 1.29. Not sure why you're only getting cricket.exe - is the file around 10MB in size? Otherwise, for now maybe just download the zip file...

Yeah that works, nice one :) Just in the nets, like it so far. Nice work.

Not really sure what the buttons do yet ha

Hehe, apologies - I need to write up a proper manual for the game. The buttons on the right switch between different bowler types and lets you change batsman/bowler hands.

Had a look on the website and figured it out :) Played a bit of a game and smooth as butter. I say a bit of a game because I got bowled out or about 10 heh

What are the chances of being able to use a game controller to play and navigate menus? Would be cool if I could use my pad to play it.

It's very doable - the code is there but I disabled it a long time ago because no-one was using it :P I'll enable it in the next update and make some changes to it.

Would the following scheme work?

- analogue control for directions
- 4 face buttons to mirror I,O,J,K

Yeah as long as I can configure them in game like I can the keyboard that would be awesome :) Would probably suggest (using an xbox 360 controller):

a=front foot normal, b=front foot power
x=backfoot normal, y=back foot power.

Would make run and cancel run the same as the two power shot buttons probably...

Or R1+L1 or something. Dunno :p

I've been using my numpad as directions with the qwas corner for shots on the keyboard.

Cool, that makes sense. I'll see if I can whip something up later.

----------

@itay128: Crap, seems like the UDRS bug is *still* there. Think I need to rewrite it. Apologies, this *will* be fixed shortly.

Version 1.29 bugs and issues found so far

@kurtkz: Is it the caught behind bug for UDRS?

Bugs found:
- Batsmen given out on UDRS for LBW even though batsmen is not in line with the stumps.
- Game crashes after taking 10th wicket in a T20 match.

Issues:
- Difficulties varying bowlers speed, swing, seam and spin when bowling. Bowlers speed variations are not as subtle, and can only get no or maximum swing, seam and spin. This problem only just appeared in this update (was working fine in previous updates I recall).
- Batsmen given not out LBW with UDRS if the ball hits the batsmen's pads on the full.

Last edited:
@itay128: Thanks for the feedback - if I manage to fix all those bugs tonight I'll release a new update.

Quick question - for the T20 crash - does that happen in any inning or only in the last one (i.e. end of the game)?

Also, for the LBW issue - did the batsman move out of line when the ball hit the pads? Also did the ball hit the pad in line with the stumps?

Last edited:
@itay128: Thanks for the feedback - if I manage to fix all those bugs tonight I'll release a new update.

Quick question - for the T20 crash - does that happen in any inning or only in the last one (i.e. end of the game)?

Also, for the LBW issue - did the batsman move out of line when the ball hit the pads? Also did the ball hit the pad in line with the stumps?

For the T20 crash, it occurs for the end of the game.
For the LBW issue, the batsmen is out of line with the stumps when the ball hit the pads.

Well playing the new version first impression of bowlers and keepers model is fantastic but the bowler takes too much time to bowl a delivery. He runs, halts for a second or so before bowling so that is what I would see, also now the game is lagging a bit or to say is slow a bit

----------

Also, in case of over throws while actually batting and not simming the runs dont get counted.

Thanks for the report, rahul, I'll see if I can optimize the rendering a bit and fix that overthrow issue. The bowler delay issue will also be sorted in the next release.

Have you tried playing around with the frame skip? It's in Options -> Video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread