Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've just given this a brief run through. Don't have some of the latest updates I think.

I like the game in general. Been playing it on easy, and just getting the hang of batting and bowling.

The ball sometimes swings or seams sharply and I find it hard to read where it's going sometimes. But that challenge is good, quite realistic.

I can't stop bowling no-balls. Haven't figured out why I end up bowling a few every now and then.

Been working with canny changes of pace and swing/seam/spin and that seems to work well at tying the batsmen down in ODIs/T20s.

I don't get what the backfoot/frontfoot tap buttons do (E and F). I tried them in the nets, I figured those would be like defensive prods to push the ball away for singles, but they only seem to work when the ball is headed right for the batsman, and even then they aren't easy to time? Or am I doing something wrong? Don't know if I should be using the directional controls for them or not either.

Started a T20 between BD and a WI A team. So far so good. Playing on Easy, have them at like 40 odd for 0 in 10 overs. Bowled 3 maiden overs in a row with Razzak and Naeem, so that seemed a bit too easy. It is easy mode though, so that's expected.

@Zorax: Thanks for testing the game and giving me feedback! Aaah, the tap buttons - I think I disabled them and forgot to remove it from the website. Will do that in a bit.

When you say no-balls...are they waist high or front-foot ones?

Hi all,

the next official update is now available here (v1.57). Changelog:

- fixed animation timings
- tweaked AI
- tweaked pitch stats generation (pitches are slightly more difficult now)
- fixed bug in spider stats view
- tweaked batting (quite a bit)
- tweaked bowling (quite a bit)
- fixed team lineup editing in editor
- minor optimizations
- 3D bug fixes
- 0 stamina issue after bulk importing players
- too many wides from quick bowlers- new playoff modes: round-robin, straight knockout, Super 6's, eliminator
- best-of finals
- fixed bug when England & Australia teams were missing
- fixed bug in editor where bowling stats weren't saved correctly
- bowling skills are limited to a range of 0-20
- values over this are automatically readjusted
- fixed bug where simulation stalls for custom teams/players
- fixed bug where you can't create/load custom tournaments for custom teams/players
- fixed autoupdater
- updating is now optional

Cheers!
K

Front foot no-balls. Can't seem to control them.

Downloading latest update now, will give it a whir.

Full. It's at the start of the innings.

Is there something I'm supposed to press or do to prevent no-balls being bowled? Cause I don't know if there is anything I should be doing once I set the speed and movement to the amounts I want.

This update so far is working fine. I'm now onto adding all the players. Hopefully, this is it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread