Status
Not open for further replies.
another crash :facepalm
Code:
[CODE]RUN @ 07/03/2013 3:03:31 PM

VERSION: 2.26
PROFILE: Ashu

Parameter name: key

STACK TRACE:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateEndOfMatch.cs:line 3096
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessInput(Single ms) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateEndOfMatch.cs:line 1062
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 13030
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3930
[/CODE]

Can't seems to get it working (V2.34) the game crashes when the match is about to start i-e after selecting batting lineups (both in exhibition and in career mode) here is the error report

RUN @ 1/1/2013 6:03:49 PM

VERSION: 2.34
PROFILE: saada

MESSAGE: Could not load file or assembly 'irrKlang.NET2.0, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a854741bd80517c7' or one of its dependencies. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

STACK TRACE: at GameEngine.Resources.Sound.SoundManager..ctor()
at GameEngine.Resources.Sound.SoundManager.get_Instance() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Sound\SoundManager.cs:line 233
at Cricket.Main.GameStateChooseDelivery.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateChooseDelivery.cs:line 1560
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 14411
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3993

----------

However I can play v2.32 but with so many crashes at regular intervals.

Start the game with launcher. Disable the audio and then start the game. If you cant get what I am trying just watch this video.

Last edited by a moderator:
@kurtkz: Played a couple of test matches on small grounds in India, and the percentage of runs scored in boundaries (even on Pro difficulty) is really high. Even mis-timed shots go to the boundary when they should at best go for 2 or 3 runs.

@itay128: Should I make the boundaries larger?

Just slow down the outfield speed for the smaller grounds (there should be the odd occasion where the fielders has to slide to stop the ball from hitting the boundary rope)

Got it. Made the change and will be testing it later. Man, I hope I get enough time tonight to put out another release.

No hurry (been busy with other stuff, so haven't had much time to test)

Also (not urgent, something you can do put out another release), is it also possible to add minimum and maximum bowling speeds into the roster file?

@itay: I'm actually going to be doing proper editors next. I've just about finished career mode (bar nice-to-haves like extra stuff to spend money on).

Played for 10 mins , Game looks so much promising however 2 things I would like to mention are:
Bowling speed , Manually setting the bowling speed just doesnt feel right at all , There should be 3 levels of efforts(plus the slower bowl option) which determines the final out come i-e pace of the delivery which should include other factors such as fatigue ,prior performance and form rating too ,for eg if you select level 1 effort the bowler just jogs in and bowls a medium pace delivery , if you select level 2 effort he bowls much quicker and finally the 3 level for steaming in but that should cost fatigue rating.

Secondly in a career mode there shouldn't be an option to start as an out and out pace bowler otherwise as it will be more fun if you start out as a medium pacer then through proper training ,form and luck you becomes out an out geniune quickie.

----------

BTW is the editor working correctly in the latest version?

@Allrounder18: Thanks for the comments! With some more detail, I can definitely implement those changes :)

1) 3-button bowling - would this work?

Slow - 80-85% of the top bowling speed
Med - 85-90% of top bowling speed
Fast - 90%+

2) Heh, that's a big oversight on my part - I'll adjust those speeds, you're quite right. What should you start off bowling though? 130km/h for a fast bowler?

----------

@Allrounder18: Unfortunately not, I'll be starting with new editors next week though :)

@Allrounder18: Thanks for the comments! With some more detail, I can definitely implement those changes :)

1) 3-button bowling - would this work?

Slow - 80-85% of the top bowling speed
Med - 85-90% of top bowling speed
Fast - 90%+

2) Heh, that's a big oversight on my part - I'll adjust those speeds, you're quite right. What should you start off bowling though? 130km/h for a fast bowler?

----------

@Allrounder18: Unfortunately not, I'll be starting with new editors next week though :)
Also the fatigue should come in to play if you bowl 2 quick over at level 3 on the trot then your 3rd over you should only go to level 2 i-e 80-85% , Hence this will allow players to preserve their energy for important period.
Hmm as you get selected for the junior level , there should be 3 level of pace initially
1)120-125k
2)125-130k
3)130-135k

Last edited:
Yeah 130, maybe more, I've just turned 18 and I hit 130 last year, absolute thunderbolt which left the poor indian midget's stumps all over the place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread