Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cricketaddict: You don't need to press both keys at the same time. You can set your batsman's stance by pressing O for back-foot. Then when you're ready you can play a shot by pressing Q/E.

EDIT: Unless I misunderstood you and you mean the late cut and sweep are difficult to connect with?

Last edited:
Just had one hell of an experience playing Cricket Heroes from my iPad :D

2aka1ph.png

123b7kg.png

Back foot shots are very difficult to play, the pull is alright but I can rarely beat midwicket

Can't play a late cut off the back foot even when playing it before the bowler lets go

Code:
15.4 Lucas Oluoch to Gulbodin Naib, OUT, 109.78kph, L Oluoch bowls this from the back of his hand. Pitches just outside off and it seams away. G Naib swishes at this one and misses. BOWLED HIM!

Gulbodin Naib  b L Oluoch  10 (24m 16b 2x4 0x6)  SR: 62.50

I'm sorry but this particular line of commentary in utter bullshit. Pitched just outside off, before cutting in so far that it found the inside edge of the cover drive, then onto his thigh before trickling onto the stumps.

Plus if it seamed away after pitching outside off and he swung and missed like he said, there's no way that would have hit the stumps anyway.

Hehe, thanks, I'll take a look at the commentary engine. Hopefully it's just a minor issue.

I'll also check out the backfoot shots.

Yea, I think the height range for back-foot late cut/pull is set a little high. Reducing it should fix this.

And also, pitching as short as possible is lucky to get up near the chest, let alone the helmet. Either the pitch is really dead or it needs to bounce more or be able to pitch shorter

I have to say that the interface font seems to be one of the few things making the game look less complete than it is now - the graphics in the rest look nice but then you have the pixel art for the hud and the font.

@MattW: Yeah, I agree - I'll be pushing for graphics makeover from next week (should be getting some new models then). I've already added detail textures for some objects.

Any suggestions on fonts? I'm not too clued up about typography and how it ties it all together :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread