Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Storer, you can choose your team in exhibition, but not in quick match. Always use exhibition

----------

Ok, this is really annoying me. A perfectly timed lofted straight drive is not going to only carry to mid off no matter how settled you are, nor will a perfectly timed pull shot land 10cm off the pitch. And the pull isn't square enough, and to time it perrfectly you need to play it before the ball is released, which is so unrealistic

Thanks DM, managed to get that working.

How do you edit squads? I went to the editor but it just comes up with 'this program is not responding'. Is there a certain way I should go about this, or is this a known error?

Go to import/rosters.csv and you can edit the players

And I swear the game hates me. Teams shouldn't be using ring fields in first class games, they should be using lots of slips. And the run keys only work periodically. Sometimes I cannot make them run, and then others I cannot make them turn back. Seriously getting to me

Got this when trying to run the game

RUN @ 11/03/2013 2:23:38 PM

VERSION: 2.39
PROFILE: N/A

MESSAGE: Unable to find an entry point named 'glGenBuffers' in DLL 'opengl32.dll'.

STACK TRACE: at Tao.OpenGl.Imports.GenBuffers(Int32 n, IntPtr buffers)
at Tao.OpenGl.Gl.glGenBuffers(Int32 n, Int32[] buffers)
at Resources.Models.AnimatedModel.set_IsStatic(Boolean value) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Model\AnimatedModel.cs:line 2458
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Field.LoadStadium(String name) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Field.cs:line 519
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3683

@dancingmongoose: Yeah, apologies for the bowler issue, that bug creeped in in the last update. I updated it for the sim guys and will do the same here in the next day. I'll also take a look at the bowler cam and exhibition match bugs. Thanks :)

@Storer11: Will do - I keep forgetting to set the difficulty back to Normal. That ODI game result is probably a one-off too :)

I expanded the commentary because people complained in the past that it wasn't as elaborate as other sims. What if I included a basic and more complete set of commentary and allowed you to switch between/edit them with an editor?

----------

@Storer: Have you updated your graphics card drivers?

@dancingmongoose: I'll take a look at those shots too. Are you playing in career mode? The field placings for FC matches should include lots of slips unless the batsman is batting well, in which case they'll remove some slips. Is this not happening for you?

Nup, 1 slip from ball 1, field never changes except they put a third man in cause thats where I get most of my runs in longer games. And no not career mode, I stopped playing that when I bowled consecutive overs

@Storer11: Will do - I keep forgetting to set the difficulty back to Normal. That ODI game result is probably a one-off too :)

I expanded the commentary because people complained in the past that it wasn't as elaborate as other sims. What if I included a basic and more complete set of commentary and allowed you to switch between/edit them with an editor?

@Storer: Have you updated your graphics card drivers?

The ability to choose how elaborate the commentary output is would be a really good feature, but if it's too much work, you might as well put that time into something else. Up to you, though.

Also, on the graphics card drivers, how do I go about updating?

@dancingmongoose: Thanks, I hadn't even noticed that more slips weren't being placed. Looking into it now.

@itay: I just spotted that saved game bug - will fix it up now.

@Storer: It depends on which graphics card you have. Can you check it in device manager? I'll be able to point you in the right direction after that.

Hehe, no problem.

Device Manager -> Display adapters

You'll have either one or two cards listed there. Send me the names of both and I'll scrounge up a driver link for you.

Radeon X300/X550/X1050 series - wouldn't be surprised if it's terrible since my computer is pretty bad.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread