Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugger. Uploaded the wrong version (and found another bug). New version just uploaded:

- fixed freeze when simulating and AI enforces the follow-on in FC

@kurtkz
I have a solid idea with regards to improve bat , ball collision window , it can be achieved using feet movement , let me explain currently we use "A" and "D" to move the batsmen in the crease lets say "I" and "O" when pressed will lock the batsmen in the crease and then if we press "A" and "D" the batsmen will not move in the crease in terms of animation but internally the game will register the movement as feet movement say you press "A" bit longer after locking the batsmen in the crease at middle stump and say the ball is wide of offstump then we choose to play the late cut (which is currently the biggest flawed shot in terms of collision detection) when the ball is delivered the batsmen will move towards the ball horizontally (just like AI do currently) and then play the shot with proper detection. similarly if we pressed A for just short period of time the batsmen will just move towards offstump and may result in completely missing the late cut , the higher the feet movement skill (i-e front foot and backfoot ratings) the more likely that batsmen will move closer towards the ball.
HOw about that , would definitely like to hear your comments on this.

@Allrounder18: I already tried that actually and it didn't work quite as you'd expect. The major problem was that it looked weird - it looked like the batsman was batting on ice. It works for the AI because the moves into position before playing the shot. Like I said before, the only way to resolve this issue is to get new models made and that's not going to happen because I can't afford it.

The freezing was caused by a modal window ("Team blah blah has enforced the follow-on.") being displayed behind the simulation screen (which is itself a modal window). It couldn't be removed because there was already a modal window in view, so it just froze. Hopefully it won't happen again.[DOUBLEPOST=1425883476][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh - just uploaded another tiny patch:

- small tweak to ball->fielder collisions (should resolve the fielder running aimlessly past the ball)
- tweak to batting physics to prevent super fast leading edges (think it mainly happens against spinners)

@Allrounder18: I already tried that actually and it didn't work quite as you'd expect. The major problem was that it looked weird - it looked like the batsman was batting on ice. It works for the AI because the moves into position before playing the shot. Like I said before, the only way to resolve this issue is to get new models made and that's not going to happen because I can't afford it.

The freezing was caused by a modal window ("Team blah blah has enforced the follow-on.") being displayed behind the simulation screen (which is itself a modal window). It couldn't be removed because there was already a modal window in view, so it just froze. Hopefully it won't happen again.[DOUBLEPOST=1425883476][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh - just uploaded another tiny patch:

- small tweak to ball->fielder collisions (should resolve the fielder running aimlessly past the ball)
- tweak to batting physics to prevent super fast leading edges (think it mainly happens against spinners)

Thats exactly what I am trying to say , we predefine the movement before actually playing the shot(i-e after locking the batsmen and giving intruction where to move in the crease when the ball is just about to release from bowler hand) so the batsmen will already be moving in the given direction before playing the shot and then when we press the required button for any shot he will play that shot normally. It will be just like AI playing shot. Dunno If I have explained it clearly ,feel free to ask again if you didnt understand.

But then why not just move your batsman into place normally? I'm failing to see what benefit you gain from your control method? What will also happen with your method is that your batsman will often move into poor positions to play balls where you would increase your chances of bottom/top/leading/inside edges.

Unless, a new control scheme is significantly better than the current one, it's going to stay as-is.

Again, the only proper way to improve the collisions is to get better models that deform correctly with inverse kinematics.

But then why not just move your batsman into place normally? I'm failing to see what benefit you gain from your control method? What will also happen with your method is that your batsman will often move into poor positions to play balls where you would increase your chances of bottom/top/leading/inside edges.

Unless, a new control scheme is significantly better than the current one, it's going to stay as-is.

Again, the only proper way to improve the collisions is to get better models that deform correctly with inverse kinematics.

That just old method incorporated in cricket games from ages. why not innovate i am pretty sure it will look more cooler because it looks cool when AI plays it more over front foot and backfoot ratings will actually comes in to play.
Make it optional not compulsory i-e we can move manually or through this method. Only incorporate it if you think its worthy.

Like I said, I tried it before and it really doesn't look good. I'm also trying to strip out any unnecessary components from the game. I already removed 2 other control schemes, so this one isn't going in either.

Yeah, it should speed it up a little bit when simulating more than 1 match at a time. I didn't notice a massive difference though :/

If you decide to try it, please save your game beforehand. I'm really not sure how stable it is. I haven't noticed any crashes with it yet, but that might just be good luck on my part :)

I know I am unrealistic but ideally T20 sim shouldnt take more than 2 seconds , 5 seconds for ODs and not more than 10 sec for FC games. I know I am dreaming.
(This is what happens in ICC/CC but they definitely are inferior in quality when comparing details)

I know I am unrealistic but ideally T20 sim shouldnt take more than 2 seconds , 5 seconds for ODs and not more than 10 sec for FC games. I know I am dreaming.
I look forward to your new cricket simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread