Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with the second attachment? Did you try adjusting the various audio levels in-game? Sorry to bombard you with all these questions - I'm struggling to get to the root of this problem.

Even with the second attachment? Did you try adjusting the various audio levels in-game? Sorry to bombard you with all these questions - I'm struggling to get to the root of this problem.

Tried adjusting in-game, but there's no sound or music at all.

Hi all,

if you're experiencing crashes before the game starts it might be related to the new audio engine. If this happens on your machine you can use the attached file in the meantime. Just extract it over the existing Cricket executable and everything should work again sans audio.

I'm on the lookout for an affordable 3rd party audio library in the meantime, so if you know of any please drop me a PM.

Cheers
K

Attachments

• Cricket.zip
    608.7 KB · Views: 4
Code:
5.6 Daniel Vettori to Ashish Bagai, 1nb, 70.00kph, Spanked through the off side. Great drive. Sloppy fielding results in an extra run

Free hit coming up...

5.6 Daniel Vettori to Virat Kohli, OUT, 78.64kph, Defensively played. Wade juggles the edge and takes it at the second attempt!

Virat Kohli  c +M Wade b D Vettori  17 (30m 13b 0x4 1x6)  SR: 130.77

This is still there. Also, spinner shares the new ball now every time. Even when there's low spin set.

@User2010: Thanks for the heads up - not sure why that's still popping up. I'll fix it up later. Have you noticed anything other oddities in the sims?

EDIT: Spinners opening could be due to them having much higher stats than the rest. What were the pitch conditions (from the commentary file) when this happened?

Last edited:
Everything was LOW. Bounce was AVERAGE.

Have you noticed anything other oddities in the sims?

I wouldn't mind some more sixes hit in T20. I have only seen a max. of 2 hit by a single batsman. Just that for now. Still playing around with the ratings and simming a lot of games. So, whatever comes to my mind next, or if I see any other bugs, I'll report it asap.

@User2010: Yeah, in that case all the bowler's stats would be affected more or less the same. So a spinner with a skill of 90 would be selected to open the bowling in a T20 over a seamer with a skill of 85 (for example). I'll tweak it so that only exceptional spinners open the bowling...

I'll also double check the 6 hits - that might have been affected by other tweaks I've made.

One more thing. This is the most annoying bug for me personally. I know it would be difficult but, can you make it like the non regular bowlers don't bowl in the end? I mean the last over mostly. Usually they are rated low and so they come on at the end (I'm assuming the sim code is that way). Can that be taken care of? Also, the batsmen could score more. In T20 games I've simmed so far, there are many starts but, hardly any 50 or 70-80 + scores. They just get out in 30-40s. The overs 15-20 or 16-20 can be tweaked so that batsmen go after the bowling a bit more. Same with the initial 6 overs of PP in a T20.

----------

Last for now - Can the speed be set to very fast by default please? I always forget to change it when I'm simming matches.

Yeah, I think my tweaks to the "settledness" calculation have affected the scores - I'll revisit this. I'll also see what I can do about the part-timers.

kurtkz i am still getting this at the start when i click on this game
Code:
RUN @ 24/07/2012 18:15:04

VERSION: 1.78
PROFILE: N/A

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE:    at Cricket.Main.GameStateSimulate.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2)
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.UpdateOnly(Single ratio)
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

it happens when i click on it the game opens when the loading bar goes full then it comes with the error :thumbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread