Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ashu: It's extremely difficult (and takes forever) to mine bitcoins. People won't be willing to donate them that easily :)

----------

Hi all,

patch v2.632 is now available:

Patch Download

Changelog:

- UI refactor
- fixed bugs & layout in UI
- fixed front/back foot stat in career mode
- fixed player ranking highlighting in career mode
- fixed team selection in career mode when captain
- batting slightly more difficult
- added kits to editors and texture preview tool (note: Buko still needs to rework the UVs on the models)

Cheers!

Guessing my bug is fixed?

Uhhh...I think so? What was the bug again? I've been so busy I'm forgetting things...

:lol No worrys it was when the ball was hit back to the bowler and it froze and crashed

Aaah, yes, I think that's fixed now, yes :)

----------

Hmm, just noticed one or 2 things still out of place with the new UI skin. Will fix that tomorrow. Also adding almanac support to career mode so that you can see how you've progressed each season. I'm also going to add seasonal awards.

That'll cap off development I think...

Can you release a mini patch with only my thing in it and see if anyone sees any difference?

Sure thing, I'll get that done this week. I just noticed on the weekend that UV coordinates were mirrored on the textures. I've asked Buko to fix that up so that the textures can be modified properly.

Kurt, I've had a problem since the 2nd last patch, on Windows XP it tells me on start-up that the pitch-length can't be lower than zero and that the problem file is the set-pitch file in my documents&settings/user/cricketheros/texture folder. I've tried deleting that whole folder and doing a complete new installation and I still get the same problem, even when I only load the last patch that worked for me.

@kurtkz: First-class (and even List A?) records aren't shown if I play a 3 or 4 day game, is it possible to add that in? (take for example national team v county/state team or count/state team v county/state team). You could probably also put first class records in career mode as well.

Regarding game balance, I'm finding batting too easy against the AI (probably because I'm getting used to playing on pro level and the stamina meter doesn't go down) and there no edges (from defensive shots) against the spinners.

@itay: Sure I'll take a look at that too. Hmm, what could I do to make batting more difficult? I'll see if I can tweak playing against spinners, but I'm not sure what else needs to be tweaked. Maybe how quickly the concentration meter goes down?

----------

@BruD: Try running Launcher.exe and make sure that "Use permissions mode" is checked. Then click Play. That should resolve the issue.

@itay: Sure I'll take a look at that too. Hmm, what could I do to make batting more difficult? I'll see if I can tweak playing against spinners, but I'm not sure what else needs to be tweaked. Maybe how quickly the concentration meter goes down?

----------

@BruD: Try running Launcher.exe and make sure that "Use permissions mode" is checked. Then click Play. That should resolve the issue.

@kurtkz: The rate the focus meter goes down is fine, just that the batsman don't edge the spinners off defensive strokes when playing down the wrong line (which can happen in a real game) and realistically shouldn't get caught at silly short leg off reasonably well timed sweeps or pulls (got caught a few times off sweeps and pulls when the AI puts a silly short leg).

Hi Gents, this is going to be such a "nooby" post but how do I install a patch? I take it extracting it and then copy and pasting into existing folder isn't the right way to do it?

Can anyone help out a noob?

Hi Gents, this is going to be such a "nooby" post but how do I install a patch? I take it extracting it and then copy and pasting into existing folder isn't the right way to do it?

Can anyone help out a noob?

You'll be surprised. Because that is the right way.

I'm afraid this didn't work. Can't seem to work out the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread