Cricket Kasoti

Is he playing in the current Test Series against England?

No

Is he from an English speaking country? - NO
Has he played for his country? - Yes
Is he from Pakistan? - No
Is he from India? - Yes
Is he a batsman? - No
Has he played more than 50 test matches for India ?- No
Is he playing in the current Test Series against England? - No

13 to go!!!

@nightprowler - hmm...so no reward for someone who genuinely outguesses all other guessers on the forum? :p .

@nightprowler - hmm...so no reward for someone who genuinely outguesses all other guessers on the forum? :p .

If I recall correctly, I stumped people with one of my questions a few months ago so I would love that. I'm all for it actually if there are no objections from AbBh or anyone else.

If I recall correctly, I stumped people with one of my questions a few months ago so I would love that. I'm all for it actually if there are no objections from AbBh or anyone else.

I think we can implement it along with a rule that the cricketer must have at least played 10 or so matches for his country since it's a bit unlikely that no one will be able to guess correctly even after 20 questions unless its an unknown cricketer.

Last edited:
I think we can implement it along with a rule that the cricketer must have at least played 10 or so matches for his country since it's a bit unlikely that no one will be able to guess correctly even after 20 questions unless its an unknown cricketer.

I didn't want to implement it at first for this reason, but yeah I have no problems with it as long as we set some sort of criteria for the players being asked about. I'll have to look into this tomorrow when I come back from work, sorry Sachinisgod.

Has he even played Test Cricket?

Yes

Is he from India? - Yes
Is he a batsman? - No
Has he even played Test Cricket? - Yes

12 more questions to go!!!

@Nightprowler and Abdh - I was just jokin when I said that the quizzer should be rewarded for guessing really tough ones. But in principle I think that should be the case. But I dont think i quite agree with Abdh - the more obscure cricketers we guess more we come to know about the game, so its healthy in that manner and with us having access to all internet info we require i dont think any cricketer is obscure. Yes but to get people to guess known players rather than obscure ones, we can have staggered vcash prizes for quizzers according to the number of testmatches/FC matches played by that cricketer.

Sorry for the long paragraph but was required. anyways people, there's a test cricketer to be guessed and you have 12 more questions to do so.

cheers

:)

Yes
But I dont think i quite agree with Abdh - the more obscure cricketers we guess more we come to know about the game, so its healthy in that manner and with us having access to all internet info we require i dont think any cricketer is obscure.
If there was something to learn about the game from a unknown player then he probably wouldn't be unknown.

Yes but to get people to guess known players rather than obscure ones, we can have staggered vcash prizes for quizzers according to the number of testmatches/FC matches played by that cricketer

I feel that it might make the scoring system unnecessarily complicated. If we are going to award the quizzer then the best thing to have is a criteria eg- The cricketer must have at least played 5 matches at the international level. There are loads of cricketers who satisfy that criteria and it gives you enough opportunity to increase your knowledge about the game.

Is he a spinner?

Last edited:
If there was something to learn about the game from a unknown player then he probably wouldn't be unknown.

I feel that it might make the scoring system unnecessarily complicated. If we are going to award the quizzer then the best thing to have is a criteria eg- The cricketer must have at least played 5 matches at the international level. There are loads of cricketers who satisfy that criteria and it gives you enough opportunity to increase your knowledge about the game.

Agreed with the whole post. I don't have a problem with awarding vCash as long as we follow those guidelines. In fact, we can probably start it with this question if no one guesses it. Feel free to add something to the first post AbBh, or I'll do it tomorrow if you're busy.

Cheers.

I think you should be able to choose domestic cricketers aswell. Min 50 games from a club cricketer.

Is he a spinner?

I think there are lots of facts that we are unaware of and playing this game makes us more interested in digging them out. So the more "unknown" the player, the more there is a chance of getting to know something new. And that's why the quizzer should have a incentive to dig up players who are tough to guess.

No he is not a spinner.

11 to go!

@Gilly Fan - Yes I agree - domestic players should be allowed. The quizzer should have secondary evidence (internet links) for any question's answer that is doubted upon.

cheers

@Gilly Fan - Yes I agree - domestic players should be allowed. The quizzer should have secondary evidence (internet links) for any question's answer that is doubted upon.

cheers

My only problem is that by picking a domestic player the quizzer gets an advantage as it would take an extra question or two to figure out what level of cricket the player plays at. I wouldn't mind domestic players if the quizzer clarifies prior to the questions being asked that its a domestic player.

Is that bowler basically from Kerala or TamilNadu?

My only problem is that by picking a domestic player the quizzer gets an advantage as it would take an extra question or two to figure out what level of cricket the player plays at. I wouldn't mind domestic players if the quizzer clarifies prior to the questions being asked that its a domestic player.
The problem with domestic players is that apart from England and Australia I don't see people recognizing domestic cricketers from other countries.

Is that bowler basically from Kerala or TamilNadu?

No

Is he from India? - Yes
Is he a batsman? - No
Has he even played Test Cricket? - Yes
Spinner - No
Is that bowler from Kerala or Tamil Nadu? - No

10 more questions to go!!! Btw, in questions containing inherent assumptions I will answer only the objective part of the question.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread