Cricket Sim 09 - Feedback Thread

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Hey guys,

We've now played 9 rounds with CS09. Can't really believe it. I never dreamt that my school project would come this far, sustaining a league this big for so long. I'll be honest, I expected something more like 1 round with CS09, big flaming, and then PCPL going back to Cricksim. But all thanks to PCPL Board (Especially Zorax) they've been patient and supportive and have helped me fix the bugs and stuff.

This is where you people come in though. We're more than halfway through the season and I'd like to know what you think about this new Simulator. From the commentary, to the gameplay, anything you feel like. Is it better, or is it worse than the previous sim? Does it seem worth to have made the change?

Would really like to know, cheers.

Kshitiz

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Pacing is always an issue in sims (and indeed games like ICC/CC). You really need to build some situational logic into it:
i.e. we have 10 wickets in hand, we're behind the runrate, we should be upping it.
I've seen a team chasing 170 odd finish up at 130/0. That should never happen...

As I've said elswhere economy rates of high rated nat bowlers are a big issue. The lack of wickets being taken by other bowlers is also a problem.
Tailenders bat too well and I've seen several number 10s 11s scores well and make huge last wicket stands. Lower order players seem to be able to score at a good rate straight away without getting out whereas top order players get single figures a lot.
- There seems to be a stats bug saying the nats have played more games.
- There needs to be a way of going back if you accidentally hit edit player etc

It's a great effort and cricsim certainly wasn't without problems, none of which we could fix, but there is still development needed imo.
Keep up the good work :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm loving the commentary in this sim.Nice job.
I did that :D

The commentary is completely editable too, so anyone can tweak the lines. Maybe for next season I'll ask KI to increase the number of lines allowed, and let PC members submit lines for the sim. And one lucky winner could win a prize...

But as for the sim...

- Opening bowlers are taking all the wickets. If you don't get 5-6 wickets in the first 6 overs, you aren't likely to bowl them out.
- The Sim needs to be changed to allow just 5 bowlers, and to account for if a team fields 7 bowlers.
- Crazy runchases. Like the last two BB games where the team chasing went from being above the required run rate halfway through, to losing, with 8 wickets in hand. And the last Man D game where the last 4 balls faced were dot balls and we lost by like 8 runs or something.
- Better skilled bowlers going for insanely high amounts of runs. Nats are getting clobbered.
- Too many early dismissals or highs scores. It's like either you get out early, or not at all. Needs more of a middle-ground.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The only thing I'm worried about is how smart the AI is. I hope in the future we can tune it so that, say for instant (this happened in our last match) we need 10 off the last over. But then the guy hits the last four balls for dots.

Users who are viewing this thread