Cricket Wishlist - Submit your ideas...

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>Hi guys,
Please submit your ideas for this new cricket wishlist for future cricket games.Once I get enough new ideas I will mail it to HB Studios, EA Sports and Codemasters.
Here's what I think should be included:

1.All International teams and domestic teams from all the test playing nations with up to date sqauds etc.All the test playing nations should have their own "all time teams" and there should be a "All time world team" and "An all time Asia Team" and a "All time rest of world team" .There should also be a "All star team" comprising present players and a "All star Asia team" comprising present players from Asia and a "All Star rest of world team"

2.There should be the following modes of play:
(a)World Cup -- can be played in any test playing nation.
(b)Knockout -- can be played in any test or non-test playing nation.
{c}One day tournament: can be played at any venue,between 2 and 6 teams.
(d)Test series: can be played between two test playing countries on a home, away or neutral venue.
(e)International Season:A 10 year season comprising one day and test fixtures between all the nations and also world cups and knockouts at the correct intervals.
(f)Exhibition match:Can be played between two sides(domestic or international) as a 1,2,3,4 or 5 day match.
(g)World club championship:a test of skills for 15 user picked best clubs of world cricket.
(h): A practice mode.

3.There should be appropriate club tournaments from all the test playing nations like the Pura cup in Australia and the Ranji Trophy in India.

4.There should be a FIFA 2002 style player/tournaments/team editor with a transfer system!!

5.There should be player attributes which define how well the player will play and respond to certain situtations...for example Sachin would play all the shots in the correct manner while someone like Mcgrath will have trouble pulling of many shots.

6.There should be realestic bowling with realestic seam and swing movements.There should be swing at the start of play when the ball is brand new and reverse swing when the ball is old.Bowling should be fun with different types of surfaces and the pitches ageing over time assisting the spinners and the seamers getting tired and less effective as the match wears on.We should be able to take wickets through strategy and not just by bowling yorkers.

7.There should be all the umpires from the ICC's elite panel to add realism to the game.

8.There should be at least four commentators.There should also be end of match celebrations(from the winning team) and dejections(from the losing team) and a brief post match presentation ceremony.

9.There should be at least four grounds from all the test playing nations(except Sri Lanka,Bangladesh and Zimbabwe) and the following additional grounds:Nairobi,Morocco,Toronto,Colombo,Kandy,Dhaka,Harare and Bulawayo and Sharjah.

10.There must be an ability to change the batting order in between innings.

11.There should be a central stats tracking system like BLC/SWC.

12.The graphics must be improved and made more realestic more motion captures of catches,fielding and diving.The diving should be meaningful with the fielder actually trying to and sometimes succeeding in saving runs.Misfields must be included and the number of dropped catches should be increased.The players should hit the wickets only rarely and only fielders with really good arms should throw the ball directly to the wicketkeeper.

13.And finally,all the stupid bugs like having to reconfigure keys every time and finding your squad changed or batting roles reversed when you load a saved game MUST be eliminated.

Please add your own ideas to this list.

::ohoho:: ::yit:: ::ohmy::</span>

Edited By ritwikgames on 1035907322

And you must be dreaming if you actually expect even 25% of this in Cricket 2004.

All the graphic fluff and game modes will amount to s h i t without good gameplay and game stability

Just two things.

[b:post_uid0]FIX THE COMPATIBILTY BUGS AND TOTALLY REDO THE AI[/b:post_uid0]

Edited By theone on 1035660385

A few suggestions from me-

1.their should be an option for watching highlights of the innings.
2.improved A.I for the bowlers.
3.more commentary files.
4.it can also be a 2 disc game(for mre files)

ALL THE OTHER THINGS HAVE BEEN MENTIONED ABOVE SO,

IT SHOULD ALSO HAVE DIFFERENT SCOREBOARDS FOR DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.

SCOREBOARD SHOULD ALSO BE ANIMATIVE, LIKE THE ONE IN ENGLAND IN WHICH NUMBERS SCROLL.

WE CAN ALSO HAVE DIFFERENT ANIMAYIONS FOR EXAMPLE:

IF A BATSMAN GETS OUT ON 0.
IF HE SCORES A 50
IF HE SCORES A 100
IF HE HITS A 4 OR A 6.

AND ALL THE OTHER TYPE WE SAW IN THE ICC CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY 2002. :)s

And you must be dreaming if you actually expect even 25% of this in Cricket 2004.

All the graphic fluff and game modes will amount to s h i t without good gameplay and game stability

Just two things.

[b:post_uid0]FIX THE COMPATIBILTY BUGS AND TOTALLY REDO THE AI[/b:post_uid0]

<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>Well...I don't expect all of these things from cricket2004.I have just titled this topic as "cricket wishlist" for all cricket developers and all cricket games of the future and not any single developer or game.

You are right about the second thing...but I have mentioned about the gameplay...We all need more ideas on how best to improve the gameplay.</span>

With all due respect to all those posting here all the graphic stuff mentioned will seem interesting for about 2 days.Then it will solely depend on how good the gameplay is.

Why do you think tetris or solitaire are so popular even today?

Edited By theone on 1035807959

1. Fatigue - Apparently longer a batsman stays, better he plays, irrespective of stamina. So fatigue, Fifa style.
2. Individual player charateristics - Again Fifa style. Infact look back and recall Cricket 97 (stats for stamina, strength, speed).
3. Morale - OK maybe thats too much, but give it a thought. Players responding to current match conditon, crowd etc.

And dont gimme the BUGSSSS. AND DONT PROMISE MORE THAN YOU CAN DELIVER EAAAAAAA GRRRRRRRRRRRRR........

Would like to see a RECORDS feature.
Top 10 batters, top 10 bowlers, etc. Highest scores at a venue, S.R.Waugh, 250, Adelaide Oval, etc.
Players stats at different grounds.

Here are a few considerations to be made

1. Certain deliveries hit to the boudary should be pickup & thrown to the chasing fielder by any of the spectators around the boundary rope.

2.End of the match could be concluded with rewards & reviews.

3.Personal Statistics tracking.

4.Game tools to create & model the players,Create stadiums,etc

<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>I would like to see

In the in-game editor:
-3 weight types: skinny, medium build and fat

-3 height types: short, medium and tall

-Individual bats, pads, gloves for each cricketer

-Bowling styles (motion captures): a couple of different bowling styles for each type of bowler
eg. Leg-spinners: Shane Warne, Anil Kumble
Off-spinners: Saqlain Mustaq, Harbajhan Singh, Muttiah Muralitharan
Med-pace bowlers: Anyone
Pace bowlers: Brett Lee, Shoaib Akhtar, Glenn McGrath, Jason Gillespie

-different hair types

-Individual batting styles (motion captures):
for "tonkers"- Andrew Flintoff, Andrew Symonds, Adam Gilchrist.
for aggressive players- Sachin Tendulkar, V Sehwag, R Ponting.
for moderate players- Mark Waugh, Sourav Ganguly, Saeed Anwar.
for defensive players- Justin Langer, Nasser Hussain, Damien Martyn.
for tailenders- Glenn McGrath, Shoaib Akhtar, Jason Gillespie.

-more bowler types:
leg-spinner, off-spinner, medium, medium-fast, fast-medium, fast, express.

-the option to choose what type of hat/helmet they wear in One-Day Internationals and Test Matches (batting) after the 25th over (helmet, wide-brim or "Baggygreen").
And also what type of hat they wear in the field: wide-brim or "Baggygreen".

-be able to choose who captains and also who wicketkeeps in Test Matches and ODI's</span>

<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>In the game:
-player statistics and also a player photo comes up when a player is walking onto the ground, just like Channel 9 in Australia.

-25 players in each team

-the bowler celebrates when he gets a 5-for, holding the ball up to the crowd

-more celebrations for when a batsman get 100 runs

-more edges behing when a player goes "fishing" outside the line of off-stump, and also when a player plays a defensive shot from a ball just short af a length

-the option to let the keeper stand up to the stumps to medium-pace and medium-fast bowlers

-changeable team starting XI's

-the option to change the batting order when you are batting, in case you want to send in a night-watchman or a pinch-hitter

-more variety with the ball bowled by a bowler
eg. in-swinger, out-swinger, slower balls, reverse swing

-maybe Tour Matches when touring around the globe

-all stadiums, including Colonial Stadium

- have 2 different umpires at each end

-have the proper ODI fielding restrictions and also the bouncer rule

-have silly-mid-od/silly-mid-on wearing helmets for protection</span>

Hi mate

i'm not sure that the implementations would end up with 3 DVDs :)A :)A

hey these r all suggestions
which should be considered by ea before making cricket 2004
but i dont think they ever care for that
the guys who hve made cricket 2002 dont know a,b,c of cricket
if those guys can come up with fairly good cricket 2002
they can make cricket 2004 with more good features

Injuries: Players get injured and off the field for rest of the match and series (taking leads from ICC).

Users who are viewing this thread